Latest Issue Polls

tab Home
tab Bookmark Us!
tab All Post 2008 Election Polls
tab Obama Presidency Polls
tab Economy Polls
tab National Security
tab Taxes

tab Foreign Relations

tab Congress
tab Social
tab Global Warming

Latest Presidential Tracking Polls 2008

tab 2008 Election Articles
tab State Polls
tab National Polls
tab Battleground Polls
tab Senate Polls

 

 

 

 

Bet on NBA/College Basketball: BodogLife.com.

Americans OK With Gay Unions But Not Marriages

12/9/08

« Prev | Next »

Tags: Gay Marriage

From Newsweek

  • 55% feel that we should have legally sanctioned gay unions and partnerships but by the same percentage think that we should not have legally sanctioned marriages.
  • The majority of Americans still feel that gay unions should have the following: social security benefits (67%), health insurance and other employee benefits (73%), hospital visitation rights (86%), and adoption rights (53%).
  • Other than not allowing for gay marriages, an overwhelming percentage of voters believe in equal rights for gays. For example, 87% want equal rights in terms of job opportunities.

» Commentary by Kris Lazaro (registered Democrat)

The critics of gay marriage will often cite the fact that homosexuality is unnatural as a reason for denying marriage. They will also, at times, go on further to explain where does the definition of marriage end. Can a man marry a dog? Can a man marry his sister or mother? And do so exclusively for the health care benefits, etc...

The supporters of gay marriage are along the mode of "let folks do what they want". Also supporters feel that it is discrimination not to allow homosexuals the same rights as straight.

But then the critics will say they are for the same rights. As is well evidenced by this poll. A two-thirds or better percentage of voters are for social security benefits, health insurance benefits, and employee benefits. They just don't want gays to marry.

The institution and sacredness of marriage is definitely an important issue for many of these voters.

But what harm will be caused if homosexuals are given the right to marry? I would wish that was in a poll. Because how can you be for 99% of the rights for an individual and not be expected to justify the remaining 1%.

Check Gmail, Facebook, and IM simultaneously with Digsby.

80% OFF Premium Business Cards & FREE Return Address Labels

Leave Your Comments, No Registration

Traffic During 2008 Election

usaelectionpolls traffic

 

2008 Predicted Electoral Math

tab Latest Polls Per State
tab Poll of Polls
tab Quinnipiac University
tab Rasmussen Reports Polls
tab Research 2000
tab Survey USA Polls
tab CNN
tab American Research Group
tab Insider Advantage
tab Zogby
tab Mason Dixon
tab Public Policy Polling
tab Strategic Vision

2008 Presidential Candidates

tab Obama tab McCain
tab Nader tab Bob Barr
tab McKinney tab Baldwin

2008 Battleground States

tab FL tab PA tab OH
tab NV tab MI tab NH
tab CO tab OR tab NJ
tab WA tab IA tab WI
tab MN tab SD tab VA
tab MO tab NM tab AK
tab CT tab GA tab NC
tab ND    

City Demographics: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. Zip Codes.

Famous Quotes: by Author.

2008 Archives: Spanish, French

? Copyright 2006-2009 USAElectionPolls.com, All Rights Reserved.