Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,052
Males: 3,439 (56.8%), Females: 2,613 (43.2%)
Median resident age: 24.5 years
Median household income: $34,603 (year 2000)
Median house value: $85,000 (year 2000)
Fort Rucker, AL residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Fort Rucker:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (63.5%)
- Black (18.1%)
- Hispanic (11.7%)
- Other race (5.3%)
- Two or more races (4.3%)
- American Indian (1.8%)
- Korean (0.7%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (0.7%)
- Filipino (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (16.2%), United States (10.3%), Irish (10.1%), English (6.3%), Italian (4.3%), Scottish (2.2%).Rucker, Alabama forum
Land area: 10.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fort Rucker
- High school or higher: 97.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 27.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.3%
- Unemployed: 10.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 13.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fort Rucker CDP
- Never married: 20.0%
- Now married: 73.7%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 0.0%
- Divorced: 4.7%
6.2% Foreign born (2.4% Latin America, 2.0% Europe, 1.6% Asia).
Lake Real Estate - in Lake Front Property at Smith Lake Alabama />
Ala Florence, Sheffield, Muscle Shoals, Killen />
for AL Real Estate - an Alabama Real Estate License! In Class or Online Course $299 />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: AL (22.2 miles Dothan, pop. 57,737).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: AL Montgomery, (80.6 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (673.7 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: AL Daleville, (2.9 miles Plains, AL (4.6 miles Level AL (7.3 miles Clayhatchee, AL (7.9 miles Newton, AL Ozark, (8.5 miles AL Enterprise, (9.4 miles AL (11.4 miles Pinckard, Brockton, AL (15.1 miles New
Latitude: 31.34 N, Longitude: 85.71 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 334
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (29.2%), Retail trade (16.0%), Public administration (14.4%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +5,000 (+82.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,079 (71.3%)
Average climate in Fort Rucker, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fort Rucker-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Alabama state average. It is 78% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/29/1973, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 1.1 miles away from the Fort Rucker city center injured 11 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 12/30/1973, a category 3 tornado 8.4 miles away from the city center injured 14 people and caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Ronald McKinnon - 2005 NFL player (New Orleans Saints, born: Sep 20, 1973).
Hospitals/medical centers near Fort Rucker:
- DALE MED CTR GER PSY UNIT NEW DAY SENI (about 9 miles; OZARK, AL)
- MEDICAL CENTER ENTERPRISE (about 10 miles; ENTERPRISE, AL)
- FLOWERS HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; DOTHAN, AL)
Political contributions by individuals in Fort Rucker, AL
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fort Rucker:
- DOTHAN RGNL (about 20 miles; DOTHAN, AL; ID: DHN)
- PANAMA CITY-BAY CO INTL (about 79 miles; PANAMA CITY, FL; ID: PFN)
- MONTGOMERY RGNL (DANNELLY FIELD) (about 81 miles; MONTGOMERY, AL; ID: MGM)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fort Rucker:
- LOWE AHP (FORT RUCKER) (about 3 miles; FORT RUCKER OZARK, AL; ID: LOR)
- BLACKWELL FIELD (about 9 miles; OZARK, AL; ID: 71J)
- ENTERPRISE MUNI (about 13 miles; ENTERPRISE, AL; ID: EDN)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fort Rucker:
- GEORGE C WALLACE STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE-DOTHAN (about 22 miles; DOTHAN, AL; Full-time enrollment: 2,703)
- TROY STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 38 miles; TROY, AL; FT enrollment: 9,143)
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY-MONTGOMERY (about 71 miles; MONTGOMERY, AL; FT enrollment: 3,677)
- TUSKEGEE UNIVERSITY (about 74 miles; TUSKEGEE, AL; FT enrollment: 2,732)
- OKALOOSA-WALTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 78 miles; NICEVILLE, FL; FT enrollment: 3,374)
- ALABAMA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 80 miles; MONTGOMERY, AL; FT enrollment: 4,359)
- FAULKNER UNIVERSITY (about 81 miles; MONTGOMERY, AL; FT enrollment: 2,283)
Shopping Center: Hutton Plaza Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Fort Rucker include: Chapel of the Flags (A), Fifth Avenue Chapel (B).
Cemetery: Beulah Cemetery (1).
Reservoir: Beaver Lake (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Four Mile Creek (A), Byrds Branch (B).
Post office: (A).
Fort Rucker compared to Alabama state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fort Rucker:
- WQLS (1200 AM; 10 kW; OZARK, AL; Owner: STYLES BROADCASTING OF DOTHAN, INC.)
- WTKN (1560 AM; daytime; 5 kW; DALEVILLE, AL; Owner: JOSEPH A. ADAMS, SR.)
- WOZK (900 AM; 1 kW; OZARK, AL; Owner: OZARK B/CING. CORP.)
- WOOF (560 AM; 5 kW; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: WOOF, INC.)
- WTBF (970 AM; 5 kW; TROY, AL; Owner: TROY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WAGF (1320 AM; 3 kW; DOTHAN, AL)
- WZEP (1460 AM; 10 kW; DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, FL; Owner: WALTON COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSTT (730 AM; 25 kW; THOMASVILLE, GA; Owner: MARION R. WILLIAMS)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WNSI (810 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WMSP (740 AM; 10 kW; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fort Rucker:
- WDYF (90.3 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WXUS (100.5 FM; FORT RUCKER, AL; Owner: SKYWAY BROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WKMX (106.7 FM; ENTERPRISE, AL; Owner: WKMX, INC.)
- WRWA (88.7 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: TROY STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WOAB (104.9 FM; OZARK, AL; Owner: OZARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WDJR (96.9 FM; ENTERPRISE, AL; Owner: GULF SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZTZ (101.1 FM; ELBA, AL; Owner: ELBA RADIO COMPANY)
- WAQG (91.7 FM; OZARK, AL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WOOF-FM (99.7 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: WOOF, INC.)
- WTVY-FM (95.5 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: STYLES BROADCASTING OF DOTHAN, INC.)
- WRJM-FM (93.7 FM; GENEVA, AL; Owner: STAGE DOOR DEVELOPMENT, INC.)
- WQLD (104.3 FM; LUVERNE, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZHT (105.7 FM; TROY, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJRL-FM (103.9 FM; OZARK, AL; Owner: STYLES BROADCASTING OF DOTHAN, INC.)
- WAGF-FM (101.3 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: WILSON BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WESP (102.5 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: GULF SOUTH COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WTBF-FM (94.7 FM; BRUNDIDGE, AL; Owner: TROY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WIZB (94.3 FM; ABBEVILLE, AL; Owner: CELEBRATIONS COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY, INC.)
- WVOB (91.3 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: BETHANY BIBLE COLLEGE & B.T.S. INC.)
- WGTF (89.5 FM; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: DOTHAN COMMUNITY EDUCL. RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Fort Rucker:
- WDFX-TV (Channel 34; OZARK, AL; Owner: WAITT LICENSE CO. OF ALABAMA, L.L.C.)
- WTVY (Channel 4; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: GRAY MIDAMERICA TV LICENSEE CORP.)
- WRJM-TV (Channel 67; TROY, AL; Owner: JOSIE PARK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSFA (Channel 12; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WCOV-TV (Channel 20; MONTGOMERY, AL; Owner: WOODS COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WDHN (Channel 18; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: MORRIS NETWORK OF ALABAMA, INC.)
- WJJN-LP (Channel 5; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: JAMES WILSON, III)
- WGIQ (Channel 43; LOUISVILLE, AL; Owner: ALABAMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- W41BN (Channel 41; DOTHAN, AL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.