Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,706
Males: 3,397 (50.7%), Females: 3,309 (49.3%)
Median resident age: 34.8 years
Median household income: $63,250 (year 2000)
Median house value: $137,700 (year 2000)
Lakes, AK residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Lakes:
- White Non-Hispanic (88.5%)
- American Indian (7.0%)
- Two or more races (4.2%)
- Hispanic (2.0%)
- Black (0.6%)
- Other race (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (19.6%), Irish (12.6%), English (10.6%), United States (8.4%), Italian (4.3%), Norwegian (4.1%).Alaska forum
Land area: 13.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lakes
- High school or higher: 92.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 24.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.3%
- Unemployed: 7.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 47.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lakes CDP
- Never married: 24.6%
- Now married: 61.7%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 2.6%
- Divorced: 10.3%
2.4% Foreign born (1.6% Europe, 0.3% Latin America, 0.3% Asia).
Travel - cheap Alaska Travel deals Save up to 70% at Yahoo! Travel />
Vacation Experts - Tours, Travel, Seward, Anchorage, Denali & Fairbanks. />
Travel Guide - Information, Maps, Images Glaciers, Tour Package Specials />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: AK Anchorage, (42.6 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (2852.8 miles travel.Yahoo.com )
Nearest cities: AK (4.1 miles Gateway, AK (5.5 miles Fishhook, AK (8.9 miles Tanaina, AK Wasilla, (10.4 miles Loop, AK (11.0 miles Farm AK Palmer, (12.8 miles Soapstone, AK (13.6 miles Buffalo Mountain, AK (17.8 miles Lazy
Latitude: 61.61 N, Longitude: 149.30 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.5%), Retail trade (14.7%), Construction (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,579 (-38.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 217 (7.1%)
Average climate in Lakes, Alaska
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Lakes:
- VALLEY HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; PALMER, AK)
- PROVIDENCE ALASKA MEDICAL CENTER (about 36 miles; ANCHORAGE, AK)
- ALASKA NATIVE MEDICAL CENTER, PHS (about 45 miles; ANCHORAGE, AK)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lakes:
- TED STEVENS ANCHORAGE INTL (about 56 miles; ANCHORAGE, AK; ID: ANC)
- KENAI MUNI (about 152 miles; KENAI, AK; ID: ENA)
- HOMER (about 202 miles; HOMER, AK; ID: HOM)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lakes:
- COTTONWOOD LAKE (about 2 miles; WASILLA, AK; ID: 3H3)
- FINGER LAKE (about 3 miles; PALMER, AK; ID: 99Z)
- WASILLA LAKE (about 7 miles; WASILLA, AK; ID: 5L6)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lakes:
- UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA ANCHORAGE (about 45 miles; ANCHORAGE, AK; Full-time enrollment: 9,453)
- UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA FAIRBANKS (about 246 miles; FAIRBANKS, AK; FT enrollment: 5,034)
- PENINSULA COLLEGE (about 2018 miles; PORT ANGELES, WA; FT enrollment: 2,374)
- WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 2055 miles; BELLINGHAM, WA; FT enrollment: 11,889)
- WHATCOM COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 2058 miles; BELLINGHAM, WA; FT enrollment: 2,656)
- SKAGIT VALLEY COLLEGE (about 2073 miles; MT VERNON, WA; FT enrollment: 3,420)
- EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE (about 2077 miles; OLYMPIA, WA; FT enrollment: 3,749)
Lakes: Wolf Lake (A), Anderson Lake (B), Finger Lake (C), Cottonwood Lake (D), Neklason Lake (E), Black Lake (F), Hart Lake (G), Dry Lake (H).
Creek: Cottonwood Creek (A).
Lakes compared to Alaska state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lakes:
- KENI (650 AM; 50 kW; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KFQD (750 AM; 50 kW; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KBYR (700 AM; 10 kW; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: COBB COMMUNICATIONS,INC.)
- KUDO (1080 AM; 10 kW; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: CHINOOK CONCERT BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KTZN (550 AM; 5 kW; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHAR (590 AM; 5 kW; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KJNP (1170 AM; 50 kW; NORTH POLE, AK; Owner: EVAN. ALASKA MISSIONARY FELLOWSHIP)
- KSLD (1140 AM; 10 kW; SOLDOTNA, AK; Owner: KSRM, INC)
- KIAM (630 AM; 10 kW; NENANA, AK; Owner: VOICE OF CHRIST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KBBI (890 AM; 10 kW; HOMER, AK; Owner: KACHEMAK BAY BROADCASTING INC)
- KCHU (770 AM; 10 kW; VALDEZ, AK; Owner: TERMINAL RADIO, INC.)
- KSRM (920 AM; 5 kW; SOLDOTNA, AK; Owner: KSRM, INC.)
- KFAR (660 AM; 10 kW; FAIRBANKS, AK; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lakes:
- KFAT (92.9 FM; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KNIK-FM (105.7 FM; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: UBIK CORPORATION)
- KGOT (101.3 FM; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KASH-FM (107.5 FM; ANCHORAGE, AK; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KQEZ (92.1 FM; HOUSTON, AK; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
- KRPM (96.3 FM; HOUSTON, AK; Owner: NEW NORTHWEST BROADCASTERS, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.