Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 20,478
Males: 10,111 (49.4%), Females: 10,367 (50.6%)
Median resident age: 62.9 years
Median household income: $34,135 (year 2000)
Median house value: $113,000 (year 2000)
Fortuna Foothills, AZ residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Fortuna Foothills:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (84.8%)
- Hispanic (12.7%)
- Other race (6.6%)
- Two or more races (1.6%)
- American Indian (1.1%)
Ancestries: German (18.9%), English (15.5%), Irish (10.7%), United States (7.8%), Norwegian (4.5%), Dutch (3.2%).Foothills, Arizona
Elevation: 334 feet
Land area: 40.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fortuna Foothills
- High school or higher: 77.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 7.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fortuna Foothills CDP
- Never married: 6.6%
- Now married: 76.8%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 9.0%
- Divorced: 6.9%
9.4% Foreign born (4.8% Latin America, 2.8% North America, 1.3% Europe).
Foothills Homes - Foothills Homes For Sale Tucson AZ, No Registration Required />
Comm. Real Estate - Bus. Relo, Land experts Area info, demographics, stats, etc /> Arizona. />
Land For Sale - Vacant Land in Arizona. Buy Online. Financing Available. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: AZ Yuma, (14.2 miles pop. 77,515).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: AZ Glendale, (164.9 miles pop. 218,812).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: AZ Phoenix, (171.4 miles pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: AZ Yuma, (14.2 miles CA (16.3 miles Winterhaven, AZ (18.6 miles Wellton, AZ (21.1 miles Somerton, AZ (26.4 miles Gadsden, Luis, AZ (26.9 miles San AZ (30.9 miles Tacna, Cibola, AZ (51.8 miles) .
Latitude: 32.66 N, Longitude: 114.41 W
Industries providing employment: Retail trade (18.0%), Educational,health and social services (15.7%), Public administration (12.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,945 (-14.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 863 (19.5%)
Average climate in Fortuna Foothills, Arizona
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Fortuna Foothills:
- YUMA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 17 miles; YUMA, AZ)
- PHS INDIAN HEALTH SERVICE HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; WINTERHAVEN, CA)
- PALO VERDE HOSPITAL (about 69 miles; BLYTHE, CA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fortuna Foothills:
- YUMA MCAS/YUMA INTL (about 14 miles; YUMA, AZ; ID: YUM)
- LUKE AFB (about 154 miles; GLENDALE, AZ; ID: LUF)
- PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL (about 165 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: PSP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fortuna Foothills:
- ROLLE AIRFIELD (about 22 miles; SAN LUIS, AZ; ID: 44A)
- HOLTVILLE (about 61 miles; HOLTVILLE, CA; ID: L04)
- BLYTHE (about 70 miles; BLYTHE, CA; ID: BLH)
Amtrak station near Fortuna Foothills:
- 15 miles: YUMA (281 S. GILA ST.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fortuna Foothills:
- ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE (about 16 miles; YUMA, AZ; Full-time enrollment: 2,595)
- IMPERIAL VALLEY COLLEGE (about 83 miles; IMPERIAL, CA; FT enrollment: 4,006)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-RIVERSIDE (about 137 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 12,213)
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT (about 155 miles; PALM DESERT, CA; FT enrollment: 3,804)
- GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 167 miles; GLENDALE, AZ; FT enrollment: 9,981)
- ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY-WEST (about 169 miles; Glendale, AZ; FT enrollment: 3,334)
- GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY (about 169 miles; PHOENIX, AZ; FT enrollment: 2,207)
Notable location: Foothills Country Club (A).
Fortuna Foothills compared to Arizona state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fortuna Foothills:
- KAWC (1320 AM; 1 kW; YUMA, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE)
- KBLU (560 AM; 1 kW; YUMA, AZ)
- KJOK (1400 AM; 1 kW; YUMA, AZ; Owner: MONSTERMEDIA, LLC)
- KMIA (710 AM; 50 kW; BLACK CANYON CITY, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KFMB (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: MIDWEST TELEVISION, INC.)
- KPXQ (1360 AM; 50 kW; GLENDALE, AZ; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCBQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
- KFNX (1100 AM; 50 kW; CAVE CREEK, AZ; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFLT (830 AM; 50 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: FAMILY LIFE B/CING SYSTEM, INC.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fortuna Foothills:
- KCEC-FM (104.5 FM; WELLTON, AZ; Owner: FARMWORKERS EDUCATIONAL RADIO NETWORK INC.)
- KYRM (91.9 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: WORLD RADIO NETWORK INC)
- K217AW (91.3 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: ADVANCED MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KTTI (95.1 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KYJT (100.9 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCFY (88.1 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: VOICE OF INTL. CHRISTN. EVANGELISM, INC.)
- KLJZ (93.1 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: MONSTERMEDIA, LLC)
- KAWC-FM (88.9 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Fortuna Foothills:
- KESE-LP (Channel 35; YUMA, AZ; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
- K28FM (Channel 28; YUMA, AZ; Owner: BROADCAST GROUP, LTD.)
- KYUM-LP (Channel 16; YUMA, AZ; Owner: POWELL MEREDITH COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)
- K19CX (Channel 19; YUMA, AZ; Owner: KAZT, L.L.C.)
- K52EG (Channel 52; YUMA, AZ; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- K67BI (Channel 67; WELLTON-MOHAWK, AZ; Owner: WELLTON-MOHAWK IRRIGATION & DRAINAGE DISTRICT)
- KBFY-LP (Channel 41; FORTUNA, AZ; Owner: POWELL MEREDITH COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)
- K61AX (Channel 61; WELLTON-MOHAWK, AZ; Owner: WELLTON-MOHAWK IRRIGATION & DRAINAGE DISTRICT)
- K63AV (Channel 63; WELLTON/MOHAWK, AZ; Owner: WELLTON-MOHAWK IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE DISTRICT)
- K65BB (Channel 65; WELLTON-MOHAWK, AZ; Owner: WELLTON-MOHAWK IRRIGATION & DRAINAGE DIST.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.