Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 15,322. Estimated population in July 2005: 21,646 (+41.3% change)
Males: 8,556 (55.8%), Females: 6,766 (44.2%)
Median resident age: 25.8 years
Median household income: $22,966 (year 2000)
Median house value: $69,600 (year 2000)
San Luis, AZ residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in San Luis:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (89.1%)
- Other race (34.4%)
- White Non-Hispanic (7.0%)
- Black (3.0%)
- Two or more races (2.3%)
- American Indian (1.7%)
Ancestries: .Luis, Arizona forum
Land area: 26.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in San Luis
- High school or higher: 34.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 3.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 27.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 34.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in San Luis city
- Never married: 34.1%
- Now married: 50.0%
- Separated: 6.6%
- Widowed: 2.9%
- Divorced: 6.3%
49.1% Foreign born (49.0% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +11,054 (+259.0%).
Easy Home Search - For Sale In Tucson Arizona Start Now, No Registration Required />
Huachuca Homes - For Sale by Owner Houses for Rent near Fort Huachuca /> Arizona. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: AZ Yuma, (17.2 miles www.militarybyowner.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Diego, CA San (164.6 miles pop. 1,223,400).
Nearest cities: AZ (4.4 miles Gadsden, AZ (8.0 miles Somerton, AZ Yuma, (17.2 miles CA (19.2 miles Winterhaven, Foothills, AZ (26.9 miles Fortuna AZ (44.8 miles Wellton, CA (47.3 miles Holtville, CA Calexico, (51.7 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 240 buildings, average cost: $50,900
- 1997: 255 buildings, average cost: $52,400
- 1998: 246 buildings, average cost: $52,800
- 1999: 242 buildings, average cost: $51,200
- 2000: 333 buildings, average cost: $51,600
- 2001: 245 buildings, average cost: $51,400
- 2002: 309 buildings, average cost: $61,800
- 2004: 243 buildings, average cost: $83,700
Latitude: 32.50 N, Longitude: 114.77 W
San Luis, Arizona business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Agriculture,forestry,fishing and hunting, and mining (24.4%), Retail trade (14.0%), Educational,health and social services (11.0%), Manufacturing (10.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,042 (-6.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 754 (26.2%)
Average climate in San Luis, Arizona
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near San Luis:
- YUMA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 17 miles; YUMA, AZ)
- PHS INDIAN HEALTH SERVICE HOSPITAL (about 23 miles; WINTERHAVEN, CA)
- EL CENTRO REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 60 miles; EL CENTRO, CA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to San Luis:
- YUMA MCAS/YUMA INTL (about 16 miles; YUMA, AZ; ID: YUM)
- PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL (about 151 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: PSP)
- SAN DIEGO INTL-LINDBERGH FLD (about 168 miles; SAN DIEGO, CA; ID: SAN)
Other public-use airports nearest to San Luis:
- ROLLE AIRFIELD (about 7 miles; SAN LUIS, AZ; ID: 44A)
- HOLTVILLE (about 42 miles; HOLTVILLE, CA; ID: L04)
- CALEXICO INTL (about 52 miles; CALEXICO, CA; ID: CXL)
Amtrak station near San Luis:
- 19 miles: YUMA (281 S. GILA ST.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to San Luis:
- ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE (about 13 miles; YUMA, AZ; Full-time enrollment: 2,595)
- IMPERIAL VALLEY COLLEGE (about 62 miles; IMPERIAL, CA; FT enrollment: 4,006)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-RIVERSIDE (about 125 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 12,213)
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT (about 140 miles; PALM DESERT, CA; FT enrollment: 3,804)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SAN DIEGO (about 149 miles; LA JOLLA, CA; FT enrollment: 19,582)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SAN MARCOS (about 149 miles; SAN MARCOS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,875)
- CUYAMACA COLLEGE (about 150 miles; EL CAJON, CA; FT enrollment: 3,278)
Public high schools in San Luis:
- SAN LUIS HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,321; Location: P. O. BOX 7380; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PPEP TEC - CESAR CHAVEZ LEARNING CENTER (Students: 129; Location: 1233 N. MAIN STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in San Luis:
- SAN LUIS MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,071; Location: 1135 N. MAIN ST.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- RIO COLORADO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 763; Location: 1055 N. MAIN STREET; Grades: PK - 06)
- CESAR CHAVEZ ELEMENTARY (Students: 745; Location: 1130 NORTH 10TH AVENUE; Grades: KG - 06)
- ARIZONA DESERT ELEMENTARY (Students: 735; Location: 1245 N. MAIN ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
- DESERT VIEW ELEMENTARY (Students: 590; Location: 1508 N. 10TH AVENUE; Grades: KG - 06)
- SAN LUIS PRE-SCHOOL (Location: 22751 S MAIN ST; Grades: PK - PK)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- THERE IS NEW HIGH SCHOOL IN SAN LUIS. THIS IS NOT A CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL. IT IS CALLED SAN LUIS HIGH SCHOOL, THE MASCOT IS THE SIDEWINDERS. added by CAMANEY
Park in San Luis: Friendship Park (1).
San Luis compared to Arizona state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in San Luis:
- KBLU (560 AM; 1 kW; YUMA, AZ)
- KJOK (1400 AM; 1 kW; YUMA, AZ; Owner: MONSTERMEDIA, LLC)
- KFMB (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: MIDWEST TELEVISION, INC.)
- KCBQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
- KMIA (710 AM; 50 kW; BLACK CANYON CITY, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KAWC (1320 AM; 1 kW; YUMA, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KPXQ (1360 AM; 50 kW; GLENDALE, AZ; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFNX (1100 AM; 50 kW; CAVE CREEK, AZ; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KFLT (830 AM; 50 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: FAMILY LIFE B/CING SYSTEM, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in San Luis:
- KYRM (91.9 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: WORLD RADIO NETWORK INC)
- KTTI (95.1 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCEC-FM (104.5 FM; WELLTON, AZ; Owner: FARMWORKERS EDUCATIONAL RADIO NETWORK INC.)
- KYJT (100.9 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCFY (88.1 FM; YUMA, AZ; Owner: VOICE OF INTL. CHRISTN. EVANGELISM, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around San Luis:
- KYUM-LP (Channel 16; YUMA, AZ; Owner: POWELL MEREDITH COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)
- KESE-LP (Channel 35; YUMA, AZ; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.