Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,225
Males: 3,981 (48.4%), Females: 4,244 (51.6%)
Median resident age: 23.0 years
Median household income: $38,556 (year 2000)
Median house value: $61,900 (year 2000)
Tuba City, AZ residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Tuba City:
- American Indian (93.3%)
- White Non-Hispanic (5.2%)
- Hispanic (2.4%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
- Other race (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (1.4%), German (1.2%).City, Arizona forum
Land area: 8.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Tuba City
- High school or higher: 76.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.6%
- Unemployed: 14.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tuba City CDP
- Never married: 39.9%
- Now married: 45.9%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 5.0%
- Divorced: 7.3%
0.8% Foreign born
City Arizona Hotels - Hotels, Compare Rates & Read Recent Reviews. Try TripAdvisor! />
City Arizona Hotels - low rates, unbiased reviews, nearby restaurants, maps and more! />
Restaurant Guide - & Menus for Sedona Arizona Find Restaurants by Cuisine & City />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: AZ Flagstaff, (69.7 miles Yahoo.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: AZ Scottsdale, (181.3 miles pop. 202,705).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: AZ Phoenix, (188.8 miles pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: AZ (1.7 miles Moenkopi, AZ (22.6 miles Tonalea, AZ (22.7 miles Cameron, AZ (32.4 miles Kaibito, AZ (41.9 miles Hotevilla-Bacavi, Springs, AZ (44.5 miles Bitter Village, AZ (46.2 miles Kykotsmovi AZ (51.4 miles Shonto,
Latitude: 36.13 N, Longitude: 111.24 W
Area code: 928
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (44.3%), Public administration (10.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -376 (-4.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,542 (57.8%)
Average climate in Tuba City, Arizona
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Lori Piestewa - (1980-2003), soldier.
Hospital/medical center in Tuba City: Other hospitals/medical centers near Tuba City:
- PAGE HOSPITAL (about 44 miles; PAGE, AZ)
- GUIDANCE CENTER,THE (about 62 miles; FLAGSTAFF, AZ)
- FLAGSTAFF MEDICAL CENTER (about 68 miles; FLAGSTAFF, AZ)
Political contributions by individuals in Tuba City, AZ
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Tuba City:
- PAGE MUNI (about 56 miles; PAGE, AZ; ID: PGA)
- GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK (about 64 miles; GRAND CANYON, AZ; ID: GCN)
- FLAGSTAFF PULLIAM (about 75 miles; FLAGSTAFF, AZ; ID: FLG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Tuba City:
- TUBA CITY (about 10 miles; TUBA CITY, AZ; ID: T03)
- MARBLE CANYON (about 54 miles; MARBLE CANYON, AZ; ID: L41)
- VALLE (about 71 miles; GRAND CANYON, AZ; ID: 40G)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tuba City:
- NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY (about 66 miles; FLAGSTAFF, AZ; Full-time enrollment: 15,758)
- NORTHLAND PIONEER COLLEGE (about 112 miles; HOLBROOK, AZ; FT enrollment: 2,177)
- YAVAPAI COLLEGE (about 135 miles; PRESCOTT, AZ; FT enrollment: 3,415)
- SOUTHERN UTAH UNIVERSITY (about 174 miles; CEDAR CITY, UT; FT enrollment: 5,091)
- DIXIE STATE COLLEGE OF UTAH (about 177 miles; ST GEORGE, UT; FT enrollment: 4,347)
- PARADISE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 181 miles; PHOENIX, AZ; FT enrollment: 3,410)
- ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY-WEST (about 184 miles; Glendale, AZ; FT enrollment: 3,334)
Public high schools in Tuba City:
- TUBA CITY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,003; Location: WARRIOR DRIVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
- GREYHILLS HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 462; Location: P.O. BOX 160, KNIGHT DRIVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
- TUBA CITY ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL (Students: 23; Location: WEST OF TRANSPORTATION DEPT. B; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Tuba City:
- TUBA CITY BOARDING SCHOOL (Students: 1,036; Location: 306 MAIN STREET, PO BOX 187; Grades: KG - 08)
- TUBA CITY JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 560; Location: EAST FIR STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- EAGLES NEST INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 412; Location: EAST FIR STREET; Grades: 03 - 05)
- TUBA CITY PRIMARY SCHOOL (Students: 362; Location: MAPLE STREET; Grades: PK - 02)
- MOENCOPI DAY SCHOOL (Students: 166; Location: SOUTH HIGHWAY 264, PO BOX 185; Grades: KG - 06)
- DZIL LIBEI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 160; Location: CAMERON, ARIZONA; Grades: KG - 06)
- GAP PRIMARY SCHOOL (Students: 45; Location: EAST OF GAP/BODEWAY CHAPTER HO; Grades: PK - 02)
Notable location: Tuba City Substation (A).
Tuba City compared to Arizona state average:
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Tuba City:
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KMIA (710 AM; 50 kW; BLACK CANYON CITY, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KFNX (1100 AM; 50 kW; CAVE CREEK, AZ; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KYET (1180 AM; 10 kW; WILLIAMS, AZ; Owner: GRAND CANYON GATEWAY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KAFF (930 AM; 5 kW; FLAGSTAFF, AZ; Owner: GUYANN CORPORATION)
- KPXQ (1360 AM; 50 kW; GLENDALE, AZ; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KMIK (1580 AM; 50 kW; TEMPE, AZ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KFLT (830 AM; 50 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: FAMILY LIFE B/CING SYSTEM, INC.)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KAZM (780 AM; 5 kW; SEDONA, AZ; Owner: TABBACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tuba City:
- KGHR (91.5 FM; TUBA CITY, AZ; Owner: TUBA CITY HIGH SCHOOL BOARD, INC.)
- KNAD (91.7 FM; PAGE, AZ; Owner: AZ BOARD OF REGENTS FOR N. AZ UNIV.)
- KJKI (98.9 FM; LEUPP, AZ; Owner: ORAIBI MEDIA ASSOCIATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.