Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,912. Estimated population in July 2005: 10,548 (-3.3% change)
Males: 5,032 (46.1%), Females: 5,880 (53.9%)
Median resident age: 24.4 years
Median household income: $25,671 (year 2000)
Median house value: $78,000 (year 2000)
Arkadelphia, AR residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Arkadelphia:
- White Non-Hispanic (68.0%)
- Black (26.5%)
- Hispanic (2.6%)
- Other race (1.3%)
- Two or more races (1.3%)
- American Indian (1.1%)
- Chinese (0.6%)
Ancestries: United States (11.8%), English (8.4%), Irish (8.1%), German (7.9%), Scotch-Irish (2.6%), Scottish (1.9%).Arkansas
Elevation: 245 feet
Land area: 7.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Arkadelphia
- High school or higher: 79.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 30.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 15.2%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 15.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Arkadelphia city
- Never married: 45.3%
- Now married: 38.1%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 7.8%
- Divorced: 7.6%
2.6% Foreign born (1.2% Latin America, 0.6% Asia, 0.5% Europe, 0.4% Africa).
Population change in the 1990s: +648 (+6.3%).
for Homes - Real Estate Listings Search. View Properties in Arkansas. />
Hotels Hotels - Official Arkansas Hotel Site Book Online Or Call Toll Free />
Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Rock, AR Little (66.0 miles pop. 183,133).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: LA Shreveport, (124.2 miles pop. 200,145).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Dallas, (271.5 miles pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Gum Springs, AR (4.7 miles) , Valley, AR (5.4 miles Caddo AR (8.3 miles Friendship, AR (12.8 miles Donaldson, AR (15.3 miles Gurdon, Okolona, AR (20.4 miles) , Whelen Springs, AR (20.5 miles) , AR (20.6 miles Sparkman,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 26 buildings, average cost: $141,700
- 1997: 13 buildings, average cost: $113,200
- 1998: 29 buildings, average cost: $113,900
- 1999: 26 buildings, average cost: $111,800
- 2000: 13 buildings, average cost: $111,100
- 2001: 15 buildings, average cost: $128,400
- 2002: 9 buildings, average cost: $131,500
- 2003: 8 buildings, average cost: $112,900
- 2004: 12 buildings, average cost: $168,800
Latitude: 34.12 N, Longitude: 93.07 W
Area code: 870
Arkadelphia, Arkansas business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (39.0%), Manufacturing (14.6%), Retail trade (12.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,297 (+21.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,272 (69.6%)
Crime in Arkadelphia by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||9.2 |
|Rapes ||0 ||4 ||0 ||2 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||36.7 ||0.0 ||18.3 ||55.0 |
|Robberies ||3 ||0 ||3 ||5 ||7 |
| per 100,000 ||27.5 ||0.0 ||27.5 ||45.8 ||64.1 |
|Assaults ||3 ||1 ||1 ||28 ||24 |
| per 100,000 ||27.5 ||9.2 ||9.2 ||256.6 ||219.9 |
|Burglaries ||25 ||21 ||13 ||79 ||118 |
| per 100,000 ||229.1 ||192.4 ||119.1 ||724.0 ||1081.4 |
|Thefts ||221 ||187 ||166 ||76 ||169 |
| per 100,000 ||2025.3 ||1713.7 ||1521.3 ||696.5 ||1548.8 |
|Auto thefts ||7 ||13 ||7 ||6 ||11 |
| per 100,000 ||64.1 ||119.1 ||64.1 ||55.0 ||100.8 |
| ||115.9 ||108.0 ||84.4 ||155.3 ||240.1 |
Average climate in Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Arkadelphia-area historical tornado activity is near Arkansas state average. It is 108% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/1/1997, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 3.7 miles away from the Arkadelphia city center killed 6 people and injured 100 people.
On 3/1/1997, a category 4 tornado 4.9 miles away from the city center injured 11 people.
Birthplace of: Kevin Williams - 2005 NFL player (Minnesota Vikings, born: Aug 16, 1980).
Hospital/medical center in Arkadelphia:
- BAPTIST HEALTH MEDICAL CENTER -ARKADEL (3050 TWIN RIVERS DRIVE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Arkadelphia:
- ADVANCE CARE HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; HOT SPRINGS, AR)
- HOT SPRINGS SURGICAL HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; HOT SPRINGS, AR)
- ST JOSEPHS MERCY HEALTH CENTER INC (about 25 miles; HOT SPRINGS, AR)
Political contributions by individuals in Arkadelphia, AR
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Arkadelphia:
- MEMORIAL FIELD (about 24 miles; HOT SPRINGS, AR; ID: HOT)
- ADAMS FIELD (about 72 miles; LITTLE ROCK, AR; ID: LIT)
- TEXARKANA REGIONAL-WEBB FIELD (about 79 miles; TEXARKANA, AR; ID: TXK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Arkadelphia:
- DEXTER B FLORENCE MEMORIAL FIELD (about 3 miles; ARKADELPHIA, AR; ID: M89)
- GURDON LOWE FIELD (about 16 miles; GURDON, AR; ID: 5M8)
- MALVERN MUNI (about 26 miles; MALVERN, AR; ID: M78)
ARKADELPHIA (798 S. 5TH ST.)
Local government website:
Colleges/Universities in Arkadelphia:
- HENDERSON STATE UNIVERSITY (Full-time enrollment: 3,109; Location: 1100 HENDERSON ST; Public; Website: www.hsu.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- OUACHITA BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (FT enrollment: 1,681; Location: OUACHITA ST; Private, not-for-profit)
- ARKADELPHIA BEAUTY COLLEGE (FT enrollment: 28; Location: 2708 W PINE; Private, for-profit)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Arkadelphia:
- SOUTHERN ARKANSAS UNIVERSITY MAIN CAMPUS (about 61 miles; MAGNOLIA, AR; Full-time enrollment: 2,646)
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT LITTLE ROCK (about 66 miles; LITTLE ROCK, AR; FT enrollment: 8,024)
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT PINE BLUFF (about 78 miles; PINE BLUFF, AR; FT enrollment: 2,801)
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY (about 80 miles; RUSSELLVILLE, AR; FT enrollment: 4,450)
- UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL ARKANSAS (about 84 miles; CONWAY, AR; FT enrollment: 7,693)
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT MONTICELLO (about 95 miles; Monticello, AR; FT enrollment: 2,048)
- ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY-BEEBE BRANCH (about 105 miles; BEEBE, AR; FT enrollment: 3,840)
Public high school in Arkadelphia:
- ARKADELPHIA HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 672; Location: 401 HIGH SCHOOL ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Arkadelphia:
- GOZA MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 549; Location: 1305 CADDO; Grades: 06 - 08)
- LOUISA PERRITT PRIMARY (Students: 376; Location: 1900 WALNUT; Grades: PK - 01)
- CENTRAL PRIMARY SCHOOL (Students: 357; Location: 215 N 12TH; Grades: 02 - 03)
- PEAKE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 315; Location: 1609 PINE; Grades: 04 - 05)
Private primary/middle school in Arkadelphia:
- ARKADELPHIA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 48; Location: 129 MALVERN RD; Grades: PK - 8)
Notable locations in Arkadelphia: Womack Hall (A), Dailey Hall (B), J R Grant Memorial Administration Building (C), McElhannon Hall (D), Holly Dormitory (E), Johnson Hall (F), Oaks Dormitory (G), Clark County Courthouse (H), Arkadelphia City Hall (I), Foster Hall (J), Clark County Library (K), Pines Dormitory (L), Flennicken Memorial Students Center (M), O C Bailey Dormitory (N), Proctor Hall (O), Birkett Williams Hall (P), Caddo Center Cafeteria (Q), Riley Library (R), Arkansas Hall (S), Haygood Gymnasium (T).
Shopping Center: Pine Plaza Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Arkadelphia include: Baring Cross Missionary Baptist Church (A), Berry Chapel (B), West End Presbyterian Church (C), Walnut Street Missionary Baptist Church (D), Third Street Baptist Church (E), Church of Christ (F), Church of Christ Holiness (G), Church of the Nazarene (H).
Cemetery: Rose Hill Cemetery (1).
Lake: Nowlin Pond (A).
Creek: Mill Creek (A).
Parks in Arkadelphia include: A U Williams Stadium (1), Clark County Fairgrounds (2), Feasler Park (3), Arkadelphia Central Park (4), Rab Rodgers Stadium (5), Haygood Stadium (6), Sturgis Field (7).
Post office: (A).
Arkadelphia compared to Arkansas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Arkadelphia:
- KVRC (1240 AM; 1 kW; ARKADELPHIA, AR; Owner: CLARK COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KBHS (590 AM; 5 kW; HOT SPRINGS, AR; Owner: J & A, INC.)
- KAAY (1090 AM; 50 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KXOW (1420 AM; 5 kW; HOT SPRINGS, AR)
- KWXI (670 AM; daytime; 5 kW; GLENWOOD, AR; Owner: PGR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KMTL (760 AM; daytime; 10 kW; SHERWOOD, AR; Owner: GEORGE V. DOMERESE)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- KBOK (1310 AM; daytime; 1 kW; MALVERN, AR; Owner: NOALMARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KZNG (1340 AM; 1 kW; HOT SPRINGS, AR; Owner: KVOL RADIO BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KARN (920 AM; 5 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Arkadelphia:
- KSWH-FM (91.1 FM; ARKADELPHIA, AR; Owner: HENDERSON STATE COLLEGE)
- KDEL-FM (100.9 FM; ARKADELPHIA, AR; Owner: CLARK COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K220EF (91.9 FM; ARKADELPHIA, AR; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- K208CQ (89.5 FM; ARKADELPHIA, AR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KLAZ (105.9 FM; HOT SPRINGS, AR; Owner: NOALMARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KQUS-FM (97.5 FM; HOT SPRINGS, AR; Owner: KVOL RADIO BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KYDL (96.7 FM; HOT SPRINGS, AR; Owner: KSMB/KDYS RADIO BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- K204DI (88.7 FM; HOT SPRINGS, AR; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KYXK (106.9 FM; GURDON, AR; Owner: CLARK COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KSBC (90.1 FM; HOT SPRINGS, AR; Owner: CENTRAL ARKANSAS CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLEZ (101.5 FM; MALVERN, AR; Owner: NOALMARK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Arkadelphia:
- KETG (Channel 9; ARKADELPHIA, AR; Owner: ARKANSAS EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- KVTH (Channel 26; HOT SPRINGS, AR; Owner: AGAPE CHURCH, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.