Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 14,674. Estimated population in July 2005: 16,631 (+13.3% change)
Males: 10,909 (74.3%), Females: 3,765 (25.7%)
Median resident age: 31.0 years
Median household income: $29,710 (year 2000)
Median house value: $69,700 (year 2000)
Avenal, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Avenal:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (65.9%)
- Other race (47.4%)
- White Non-Hispanic (19.9%)
- Black (12.6%)
- Two or more races (2.8%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
Ancestries: United States (1.5%), Irish (1.4%), German (1.4%).California
Elevation: 800 feet
Land area: 19.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Avenal
- High school or higher: 56.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.0%
- Unemployed: 23.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 33.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Avenal city
- Never married: 14.4%
- Now married: 78.4%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 1.7%
- Divorced: 2.5%
25.3% Foreign born (25.0% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +4,859 (+49.5%).
and apartments - apartments, comfort intimacy down town Bucharest />
California - Deals, Read Reviews from Real People. Get the Truth. Then Go. />
Real Estate - 1000s of properties for sale or lease in Orange County. />
Melbourne Apartments - City Selection! Short or Long Term, Furnished or Unfurnished. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Fresno, (57.0 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (179.9 miles www.TripAdvisor.com )
Nearest cities: City, CA (10.9 miles Kettleman CA (12.4 miles Huron, CA Coalinga, (18.2 miles Station, CA (22.6 miles Lemoore CA (23.4 miles Stratford, CA (30.0 miles Lemoore, CA (31.1 miles Shandon, CA (31.8 miles Lanare,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 22 buildings, average cost: $92,300
- 1997: 6 buildings, average cost: $83,900
- 1998: 0 buildings
- 1999: 14 buildings, average cost: $76,900
- 2000: 13 buildings, average cost: $76,200
- 2001: 14 buildings, average cost: $75,100
- 2003: 34 buildings, average cost: $81,200
- 2004: 52 buildings, average cost: $75,300
Latitude: 36.03 N, Longitude: 120.12 W
Area code: 559
Avenal, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Agriculture,forestry,fishing and hunting, and mining (35.9%), Educational,health and social services (14.9%).
Crime in Avenal by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||6.8 |
|Rapes ||0 ||3 ||6 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||20.4 ||40.9 ||13.6 |
|Robberies ||1 ||9 ||3 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||6.8 ||61.3 ||20.4 ||40.9 |
|Assaults ||22 ||22 ||27 ||28 |
| per 100,000 ||149.9 ||149.9 ||184.0 ||190.8 |
|Burglaries ||53 ||75 ||76 ||84 |
| per 100,000 ||361.2 ||511.1 ||517.9 ||572.4 |
|Thefts ||38 ||72 ||84 ||124 |
| per 100,000 ||259.0 ||490.7 ||572.4 ||845.0 |
|Auto thefts ||4 ||9 ||8 ||9 |
| per 100,000 ||27.3 ||61.3 ||54.5 ||61.3 |
| ||69.9 ||116.9 ||122.8 ||141.5 |
Average climate in Avenal, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Avenal:
- COALINGA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 18 miles; COALINGA, CA)
- CENTRAL VALLEY GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 39 miles; HANFORD, CA)
- HANFORD COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER (about 39 miles; HANFORD, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Avenal, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Avenal:
- PASO ROBLES MUNI (about 43 miles; PASO ROBLES, CA; ID: PRB)
- VISALIA MUNI (about 55 miles; VISALIA, CA; ID: VIS)
- FRESNO YOSEMITE INTERNATIONAL (about 59 miles; FRESNO, CA; ID: FAT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Avenal:
- NEW COALINGA MUNI (about 15 miles; COALINGA, CA; ID: C80)
- HARRIS RANCH (about 17 miles; COALINGA, CA; ID: 3O8)
- CORCORAN (about 38 miles; CORCORAN, CA; ID: CRO)
Amtrak station near Avenal:
- 12 miles: KETTLEMAN CITY (I-5 AT STATE HWY. 41) - Bus Station. Services: partially wheelchair accessible, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, free long-term parking.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Avenal:
- WEST HILLS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; COALINGA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,406)
- CALIFORNIA POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIV-SAN LUIS OBISPO (about 53 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; FT enrollment: 15,985)
- CUESTA COLLEGE (about 53 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; FT enrollment: 6,121)
- COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS (about 59 miles; VISALIA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,295)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-FRESNO (about 60 miles; FRESNO, CA; FT enrollment: 16,035)
- FRESNO CITY COLLEGE (about 60 miles; FRESNO, CA; FT enrollment: 10,741)
- REEDLEY COLLEGE (about 62 miles; REEDLEY, CA; FT enrollment: 5,344)
Public high schools in Avenal:
- AVENAL HIGH (Students: 569; Location: 601 MARIPOSA ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- SUNRISE HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 30; Location: 205 N. PARK AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- REEF-SUNSET SECONDARY COMMUNITY DAY (Students: 5; Location: 205 N. PARK; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Avenal:
- AVENAL ELEMENTARY (Students: 659; Location: 400 S. FIRST AVE.; Grades: KG - 05)
- REEF SUNSET MIDDLE (Students: 493; Location: 608 N. FIRST AVE.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- TAMARACK ELEMENTARY (Students: 398; Location: 1000 UNION AVE.; Grades: KG - 05)
- REEF-SUNSET ELEMENTARY COMMUNITY DAY (Students: 2; Location: 500 S. FIRST ST.; Grades: 01 - 06)
Notable locations in Avenal: Murray Fire Control Station (A), Kettleman Compressor Station (B), Three P Plant (C), Eleven P Plant (D), Avenal Branch Kings County Library (E), Avenal City Hall (F), Eleven P Office (G).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Larguito, Arroyo (A), Esquinado, Arroyo (B), Curvo, Arroyo (C), Bifido, Arroyo (D), Arroyo del Camino (E).
Park in Avenal: Floyd Rice Park (1).
Post office: (A).
Avenal compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Avenal:
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KGDP (660 AM; 50 kW; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: RADIO REPRESENTATIVES, INC.)
- KERI (1180 AM; 50 kW; WASCO-GREENACRES, CA; Owner: KWSO, INC.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KOOR (790 AM; 10 kW; CLOVIS, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KIRV (1510 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: GORE-OVERGAARD BROADCASTING, INC)
- KXEX (1550 AM; 10 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: RAK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KAVT (1680 AM; 10 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: RAK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KNZR (1560 AM; 25 kW; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORP. OF CALIF.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Avenal:
- K217EQ (91.3 FM; COALINGA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K203AQ (88.5 FM; HELM, ETC., CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KDKL (88.3 FM; COALINGA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KGZO (90.9 FM; SHAFTER, CA; Owner: THE ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY EDUCATION, INC.)
- KRKC-FM (102.1 FM; KING CITY, CA; Owner: KING CITY COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KWOL (105.5 FM; SAN JOAQUIN, CA; Owner: MESOSPHERE BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.