Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,232
Males: 2,976 (47.8%), Females: 3,256 (52.2%)
San Luis Obispo County
Median resident age: 50.9 years
Median household income: $45,000 (year 2000)
Median house value: $305,600 (year 2000)
Cambria, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Cambria:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (82.7%)
- Hispanic (14.0%)
- Other race (4.0%)
- Two or more races (2.3%)
- American Indian (1.8%)
Ancestries: English (21.1%), German (14.6%), Irish (13.9%), Italian (5.9%), Scottish (5.4%), French (4.0%).California
Elevation: 65 feet
Land area: 8.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Cambria
- High school or higher: 91.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 35.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.7%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cambria CDP
- Never married: 15.8%
- Now married: 61.6%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 9.5%
- Divorced: 11.3%
12.9% Foreign born (7.3% Latin America, 4.0% Europe).
Cliffs Resort - luxury resort located minutes from San Luis Obispo wine country. />
Beach Hotels - Hotels in Pismo Beach Guaranteed Low Rates. Save! />
Bay Hotel Guide - Views, Fireplaces, Heated Spa Huge Internet Discounts, Low Rate />
Bay Hotel Guide - Breakfast Bar, Heated Spa Free High Speed Wifi Internet, View />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Maria, CA (61.3 miles Santa pop. 77,423).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Fresno, (123.0 miles pop. 427,652).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (212.2 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: CA Cayucos, (15.7 miles Nacimiento, CA Lake (19.0 miles Bay, CA Morro (20.1 miles Osos, CA (23.8 miles Baywood-Los CA (26.0 miles Templeton, Paso de Robles (Paso Robles), CA El (28.6 miles CA (28.9 miles Atascadero, Bradley, CA (29.0 miles) .
Latitude: 35.55 N, Longitude: 121.09 W
Area code: 805
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (24.9%), Educational,health and social services (15.6%), Retail trade (15.4%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -321 (-5.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,657 (59.8%)
Average climate in Cambria, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Cambria:
- TWIN CITIES COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 26 miles; TEMPLETON, CA)
- SIERRA VISTA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 33 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA)
- FRENCH HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 37 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Cambria, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Cambria:
- PASO ROBLES MUNI (about 34 miles; PASO ROBLES, CA; ID: PRB)
- SAN LUIS COUNTY REGIONAL (about 39 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; ID: SBP)
- SANTA MARIA PUB/CAPT G ALLAN HANCOCK FLD (about 64 miles; SANTA MARIA, CA; ID: SMX)
Other public-use airports nearest to Cambria:
- TUSI AHP (HUNTER LIGGETT) (about 32 miles; FORT HUNTER LIGGET JOLON, CA; ID: HGT)
- OCEANO COUNTY (about 46 miles; OCEANO, CA; ID: L52)
- MESA DEL REY (about 46 miles; KING CITY, CA; ID: KIC)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cambria:
- CALIFORNIA POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIV-SAN LUIS OBISPO (about 46 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 15,985)
- CUESTA COLLEGE (about 46 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; FT enrollment: 6,121)
- ALLAN HANCOCK COLLEGE (about 68 miles; SANTA MARIA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,037)
- WEST HILLS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 70 miles; COALINGA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,406)
- HARTNELL COLLEGE (about 86 miles; SALINAS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,003)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-MONTEREY BAY (about 90 miles; SEASIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 2,383)
- MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE (about 90 miles; MONTEREY, CA; FT enrollment: 4,295)
Public high schools in Cambria:
- COAST UNION HIGH (Students: 351; Location: 2950 SANTA ROSA CREEK ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- LEFFINGWELL CONT. HIGH (Students: 27; Location: 2820 SANTA ROSA CREEK RD.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- CAMBRIA COMMUNITY DAY (Students: 8; Location: 2840 SANTA ROSA CREEK ROAD; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Cambria:
- CAMBRIA ELEMENTARY (Students: 363; Location: 1350 MAIN ST.; Grades: KG - 05)
- SANTA LUCIA MIDDLE (Students: 184; Location: 2850 SCHOOLHOUSE LANE; Grades: 06 - 08)
Private primary/middle school in Cambria:
- NEW DAWN CENTER (Students: 11; Location: 1700 BERWICK; Grades: KG - 2)
Notable locations in Cambria: Leffingwell Landing (A), Camp Ocean Pines (B), Camp Yeager (C), Allied Arts Gallery (D), Cambria Community Service Center (E), Cambria Chamber of Commerce (F), Cambria Branch San Luis Obispo City-County Library (G).
Churches in Cambria include: Vineyard Church (A), Old Santa Rosa Catholic Church (B).
Cemeteries: Santa Rosa Cemetery (1), Cambria Cemetery (2).
Creeks: Leffingwell Creek (A), Perry Creek (B), Santa Rosa Creek (C).
Parks in Cambria include: San Simeon Beach State Park (1), Shamel County Park (2).
Beach: Moonstone Beach (A).
Post office: (A).
Cambria compared to California state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Cambria:
- KGDP (660 AM; 50 kW; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: RADIO REPRESENTATIVES, INC.)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KXTK (1280 AM; 10 kW; ARROYO GRANDE, CA; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMBX (700 AM; 10 kW; SOLEDAD, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KYAA (1200 AM; 25 kW; SOQUEL, CA; Owner: PEOPLE'S RADIO, INC.)
- KERI (1180 AM; 50 kW; WASCO-GREENACRES, CA; Owner: KWSO, INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KSRK (540 AM; 10 kW; CARMEL VALLEY, CA; Owner: PEOPLE'S RADIO, INC.)
- KLOK (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KLFF (890 AM; 5 kW; ARROYO GRANDE, CA; Owner: JERRY J. COLLINS)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cambria:
- KOTR (94.9 FM; CAMBRIA, CA; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K215AF (90.9 FM; CAMBRIA, CA; Owner: KCBX, INC)
- KBDH (91.7 FM; SAN ARDO, CA; Owner: PATAPHYSICAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- K206CC (89.1 FM; LOCKWOOD, CA; Owner: PRUNEDALE EDUC. F'DATION/CENTRAL CA)
- KRKC-FM (102.1 FM; KING CITY, CA; Owner: KING CITY COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KSTT-FM (101.3 FM; LOS OSOS-BAYWOOD PAR, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSLY-FM (96.1 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KKAL (99.7 FM; MORRO BAY, CA; Owner: SALISBURY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KZOZ (93.3 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: AMERICAN GENERAL MEDIA-TEXAS, INC.)
- KWSR (92.5 FM; PASO ROBLES, CA; Owner: LAGNIAPPE BROADCASTING, INC)
- KKJG (98.1 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: AGM SAN LUIS OBISPO, L.P.)
- KWWV (106.1 FM; SANTA MARGARITA, CA; Owner: SALISBURY RADIO LLC)
- K209CE (89.7 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KLRM (97.1 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: GTM SAN LUIS OBISPO)
- KIQO (104.5 FM; ATASCADERO, CA; Owner: AMERICAN GENERAL MEDIA OF TEXAS, INC)
- KCBX (90.1 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: KCBX, INC.)
- KLVH (88.5 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K213CO (90.5 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- KLMM (94.1 FM; MORRO BAY, CA; Owner: LAZER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KLUN (103.1 FM; PASO ROBLES, CA; Owner: LAZER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.