Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,033. Estimated population in July 2005: 9,553 (-4.8% change)
Males: 4,766 (47.5%), Females: 5,267 (52.5%)
Santa Cruz County
Median resident age: 38.4 years
Median household income: $46,048 (year 2000)
Median house value: $397,600 (year 2000)
Capitola, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Capitola:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (78.4%)
- Hispanic (12.6%)
- Other race (5.5%)
- Two or more races (4.7%)
- American Indian (2.0%)
- Black (1.2%)
- Filipino (1.0%)
- Chinese (1.0%)
- Japanese (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (17.1%), Irish (16.6%), English (13.5%), Italian (8.7%), French (4.5%), Polish (3.9%).California
Elevation: 50 feet
Land area: 1.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Capitola
- High school or higher: 91.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 34.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.3%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Capitola city
- Never married: 32.4%
- Now married: 41.4%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 6.8%
- Divorced: 18.4%
12.1% Foreign born (4.3% Latin America, 3.4% Asia, 2.6% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: -17 (-0.2%).
Beach Rentals - long and short term rental in Aptos, Capitola, and Santa Cruz />
Travel Guide - 70% on nearby hotels! Plus find info, maps, reviews & photos. />
Cruz Hotels - prices from the top travel engines to find the lowest rate. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cruz, CA Santa (4.9 miles travel.Yahoo.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Jose, CA San (23.4 miles pop. 894,943).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (316.9 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: CA Soquel, (1.0 miles Cliffs, CA (1.5 miles Opal Oak, CA (1.8 miles Live Lakes, CA (2.8 miles Twin CA Aptos, (3.3 miles del Mar, CA (4.7 miles Rio Cruz, CA Santa (4.9 miles Valley, CA Scotts (6.6 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 36 buildings, average cost: $151,600
- 1997: 28 buildings, average cost: $165,400
- 1998: 22 buildings, average cost: $165,900
- 1999: 9 buildings, average cost: $173,400
- 2000: 11 buildings, average cost: $212,100
- 2001: 21 buildings, average cost: $205,400
- 2002: 17 buildings, average cost: $237,700
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $409,100
- 2004: 15 buildings, average cost: $414,800
Latitude: 36.98 N, Longitude: 121.95 W
Capitola, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (12.7%), Retail trade (11.8%), Manufacturing (11.2%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,287 (+12.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,130 (19.8%)
Crime in Capitola by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||10.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||2 ||2 ||4 ||12 ||2 ||7 |
| per 100,000 ||19.9 ||19.9 ||39.9 ||119.6 ||19.9 ||69.8 |
|Robberies ||11 ||11 ||10 ||17 ||16 ||17 |
| per 100,000 ||109.6 ||109.6 ||99.7 ||169.4 ||159.5 ||169.4 |
|Assaults ||51 ||49 ||52 ||38 ||55 ||46 |
| per 100,000 ||508.3 ||488.4 ||518.3 ||378.8 ||548.2 ||458.5 |
|Burglaries ||46 ||75 ||105 ||102 ||127 ||130 |
| per 100,000 ||458.5 ||747.5 ||1046.5 ||1016.6 ||1265.8 ||1295.7 |
|Thefts ||649 ||519 ||684 ||787 ||926 ||823 |
| per 100,000 ||6468.7 ||5172.9 ||6817.5 ||7844.1 ||9229.5 ||8202.9 |
|Auto thefts ||8 ||17 ||33 ||28 ||24 ||34 |
| per 100,000 ||79.7 ||169.4 ||328.9 ||279.1 ||239.2 ||338.9 |
| ||439.7 ||411.3 ||521.8 ||581.7 ||652.3 ||616.4 |
Average climate in Capitola, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Michael White - College basketball player (Pacific Tigers).
Hospitals/medical centers near Capitola:
- DOMINICAN HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; SANTA CRUZ, CA)
- SUTTER MATERNITY AND SURGERY CENTER (about 4 miles; SANTA CRUZ, CA)
- WATSONVILLE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; WATSONVILLE, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Capitola, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Capitola:
- NORMAN Y. MINETA SAN JOSE INTERNATIONAL (about 26 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; ID: SJC)
- MONTEREY PENINSULA (about 29 miles; MONTEREY, CA; ID: MRY)
- SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL (about 53 miles; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; ID: SFO)
Other public-use airports nearest to Capitola:
- WATSONVILLE MUNI (about 13 miles; WATSONVILLE, CA; ID: WVI)
- REID-HILLVIEW OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY (about 26 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; ID: RHV)
- MARINA MUNICIPAL (about 26 miles; MARINA, CA; ID: OAR)
Amtrak stations near Capitola:
- 5 miles: SANTA CRUZ (920 PACIFIC AVE.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, public transit connection.
- 15 miles: WATSONVILLE (W. LAKE AVE. & RODRIGUEZ ST.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Capitola:
- CABRILLO COLLEGE (about 5 miles; APTOS, CA; Full-time enrollment: 6,638)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SANTA CRUZ (about 8 miles; SANTA CRUZ, CA; FT enrollment: 11,773)
- WEST VALLEY COLLEGE (about 21 miles; SARATOGA, CA; FT enrollment: 5,880)
- SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; FT enrollment: 20,861)
- SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; SANTA CLARA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,229)
- SAN JOSE CITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; FT enrollment: 5,713)
- DE ANZA COLLEGE (about 25 miles; CUPERTINO, CA; FT enrollment: 13,197)
Public high school in Capitola:
- SANTA CRUZ COUNTY COURT (Students: 94; Location: 809 BAY AVE., NO. H; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Capitola:
- NEW BRIGHTON MIDDLE (Students: 780; Location: 250 WASHBURN AVE.; Grades: 05 - 08)
- CAPITOLA ELEMENTARY (Students: 222; Location: 504 MONTEREY AVE.; Grades: KG - 05)
- SPECIAL EDUCATION (Students: 118; Location: 809 BAY AVE., NO. H; Grades: KG - 12)
Private primary/middle school in Capitola:
- NEW HORIZONS SCHOOL (Students: 18; Location: 4575 CAPITOLA RD; Grades: KG - 6)
Notable locations in Capitola: Camp San Jose (A), New Brighton State Beach Park Headquarters (B), Capitola City Hall (C).
Shopping Centers: Upper Village Shopping Center (1), Kings Plaza Shopping Center (2), Brown Bulb Ranch Shopping Center (3), La Capitola Plaza Shopping Center (4), Capitola Mall Shopping Center (5).
Churches in Capitola include: Grace Community Church of Capitola (A), First Baptist Church of Capitola (B), Saint Josephs Catholic Church (C), Saint John The Baptist Episcopal Church (D), Community Church of God (E).
Parks in Capitola include: Perry Park (1), Six Sisters-Lawn Way Historic District (2), Old Riverview Historic District (3), Jade Street Park (4), New Brighton State Beach (5).
Beach: Hooper Beach (A).
Capitola compared to California state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Capitola:
- KSCO (1080 AM; 10 kW; SANTA CRUZ, CA)
- KOMY (1340 AM; 1 kW; LA SELVA BEACH, CA; Owner: ZWERLING BROADCASTING SYSTEM, LTD)
- KLOK (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KTCT (1050 AM; 50 kW; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- KFAX (1100 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: GOLDEN GATE BROADCASTING CO, INC.)
- KYCY (1550 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KYAA (1200 AM; 25 kW; SOQUEL, CA; Owner: PEOPLE'S RADIO, INC.)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSRK (540 AM; 10 kW; CARMEL VALLEY, CA; Owner: PEOPLE'S RADIO, INC.)
- KDBV (980 AM; 10 kW; SALINAS, CA; Owner: WOLFHOUSE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KSJX (1500 AM; 10 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING INC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Capitola:
- KSQL (99.1 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: TMS LICENSE CALIFORNIA, INC)
- KKUP (91.5 FM; CUPERTINO, CA; Owner: ASSURANCE SCIENCES FOUNDATION)
- KBRG (100.3 FM; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTEE (93.7 FM; FELTON, CA; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- KBAA (94.5 FM; GILROY, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- K216AX (91.1 FM; LAUREL, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K240CD (95.9 FM; SOQUEL, ETC., CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KZSC (88.1 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA)
- KSRI (90.7 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KFJC (89.7 FM; LOS ALTOS, CA; Owner: FOOTHILL-DE ANZA COMM. COLLEGE DIST.)
- KUFX (98.5 FM; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KRTY (95.3 FM; LOS GATOS, CA; Owner: KRTY, LTD.)
- KDON-FM (102.5 FM; SALINAS, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- K202DU (88.3 FM; SAN JUAN BAUTISTA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KBTU (93.5 FM; HOLLISTER, CA; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- KUSP (88.9 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: PATAPHYSICAL B/CING. FOUNDATION,INC.)
- K260AA (99.9 FM; CARMEL VALLEY, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KWAV (96.9 FM; MONTEREY, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING OF MONTEREY)
- KTOM-FM (100.7 FM; SALINAS, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KLVM (89.7 FM; PRUNEDALE, CA; Owner: PRUNEDALE EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Capitola:
- KNTV (Channel 11; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: KNTV LICENSE, INC.)
- KKPX (Channel 65; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: PAXSON SAN JOSE LICENSE, INC.)
- KBIT-CA (Channel 28; SAN FRANCISCO, ETC., CA; Owner: POLAR BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K21EV (Channel 21; SALINAS, CA; Owner: LIVING FAITH BROADCASTING)
- KDJT-CA (Channel 33; SALINAS/MONTEREY,ETC, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTEH1 (Channel 54; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: KTEH FOUNDATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.