Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,142. Estimated population in July 2005: 14,728 (+12.1% change)
Males: 6,293 (47.9%), Females: 6,849 (52.1%)
Median resident age: 41.1 years
Median household income: $19,863 (year 2000)
Median house value: $81,800 (year 2000)
Clearlake, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Clearlake:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (76.7%)
- Hispanic (11.0%)
- Black (5.2%)
- American Indian (5.0%)
- Two or more races (4.8%)
- Other race (3.7%)
Ancestries: German (15.0%), Irish (13.5%), English (10.1%), United States (7.1%), Italian (5.7%), French (3.6%).California
Elevation: 1400 feet
Land area: 10.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Clearlake
- High school or higher: 67.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.0%
- Unemployed: 15.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Clearlake city
- Never married: 22.2%
- Now married: 43.1%
- Separated: 4.3%
- Widowed: 11.2%
- Divorced: 19.1%
7.1% Foreign born (4.0% Latin America, 1.6% Europe, 1.1% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,274 (+10.7%).
Harbor Resort - Travel Info Including Hotel Reviews, Rates, Comparisons & More! />
at Yahoo - hotel rates and information See photos, reviews & what's nearby />
Kaiser Coverage - Best Prices Available Anywhere! Compare 4,000 Plans 140 Providers />
Cheap Hotels - hotels & accommodation Simply browse, select & book today! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Rosa, CA Santa (35.2 miles Yahoo.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Francisco, CA San (83.6 miles pop. 776,733).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (445.8 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Lake, CA (3.4 miles Lower Oaks, CA Clearlake (5.4 miles CA (10.3 miles Cobb, Valley Lake, CA (11.6 miles Hidden CA Kelseyville, (13.8 miles CA (13.9 miles Middletown, CA (14.4 miles Lucerne, CA (19.3 miles Nice,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 15 buildings, average cost: $106,200
- 2004: 45 buildings, average cost: $121,600
Latitude: 38.95 N, Longitude: 122.63 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 707
Clearlake, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (29.0%), Retail trade (14.2%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (12.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -97 (-0.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,669 (52.1%)
Crime in Clearlake by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||1 ||2 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||7.6 ||15.2 ||7.6 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||3 ||8 ||5 ||14 ||3 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||22.8 ||60.9 ||38.0 ||106.5 ||22.8 ||30.4 |
|Robberies ||19 ||18 ||9 ||8 ||12 ||11 |
| per 100,000 ||144.6 ||137.0 ||68.5 ||60.9 ||91.3 ||83.7 |
|Assaults ||58 ||68 ||55 ||45 ||70 ||65 |
| per 100,000 ||441.3 ||517.4 ||418.5 ||342.4 ||532.6 ||494.6 |
|Burglaries ||274 ||226 ||220 ||275 ||359 ||198 |
| per 100,000 ||2084.9 ||1719.7 ||1674.0 ||2092.5 ||2731.7 ||1506.6 |
|Thefts ||359 ||298 ||346 ||477 ||433 ||557 |
| per 100,000 ||2731.7 ||2267.5 ||2632.8 ||3629.6 ||3294.8 ||4238.3 |
|Auto thefts ||63 ||30 ||55 ||93 ||98 ||117 |
| per 100,000 ||479.4 ||228.3 ||418.5 ||707.7 ||745.7 ||890.3 |
| ||434.3 ||398.3 ||383.0 ||492.8 ||533.3 ||482.4 |
Average climate in Clearlake, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospital/medical center in Clearlake:
- REDBUD COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (15630 18TH AVE HWY 53)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Clearlake:
- SUTTER LAKESIDE HOSPITAL (about 22 miles; LAKEPORT, CA)
- HEALDSBURG GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 29 miles; HEALDSBURG, CA)
- ST HELENA HOSPITAL (about 30 miles; DEER PARK, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Clearlake, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Clearlake:
- SONOMA COUNTY (about 34 miles; SANTA ROSA, CA; ID: STS)
- TRAVIS AFB (about 70 miles; FAIRFIELD, CA; ID: SUU)
- SACRAMENTO INTERNATIONAL (about 75 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; ID: SMF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Clearlake:
- LAMPSON FIELD (about 18 miles; LAKEPORT, CA; ID: 1O2)
- HEALDSBURG MUNI (about 28 miles; HEALDSBURG, CA; ID: O31)
- CLOVERDALE MUNI (about 28 miles; CLOVERDALE, CA; ID: O60)
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Clearlake:
- SANTA ROSA JUNIOR COLLEGE (about 37 miles; SANTA ROSA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 13,542)
- MENDOCINO COLLEGE (about 42 miles; UKIAH, CA; FT enrollment: 2,080)
- SONOMA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 42 miles; ROHNERT PARK, CA; FT enrollment: 6,445)
- NAPA VALLEY COLLEGE (about 49 miles; NAPA, CA; FT enrollment: 3,558)
- SOLANO COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT (about 64 miles; SUISUN, CA; FT enrollment: 5,598)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-DAVIS (about 68 miles; DAVIS, CA; FT enrollment: 24,405)
- COLLEGE OF MARIN (about 70 miles; KENTFIELD, CA; FT enrollment: 3,919)
Public high school in Clearlake:
- GENESIS HIGH (Students: 18; Location: 6840 SMITH CENTER DR.; Grades: 08 - 12)
Private high school in Clearlake:
- HILLTOP CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 73; Location: PO BOX 627; Grades: KG - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Clearlake:
- POMO ELEMENTARY (Students: 630; Location: 3350 ACACIA ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
- BURNS VALLEY ELEMENTARY (Students: 438; Location: 3620 PINE ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Clearlake:
- CALVARY CHAPEL CHRISTIAN (Students: 66; Location: PO BOX 2062; Grades: KG - 11)
- CLEARLAKE SDA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 31; Location: BOX 5686; Grades: 1 - 8)
- CLEARLAKE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 7; Location: POB 5267; Grades: 3 - 11)
Notable locations in Clearlake: Clearlake City Hall (A), South Shore Senior Citizens Center (B), Redbud Branch Lake County Library (C).
Shopping Centers: Highlands Shopping Center (1), Burns Valley Mall Shopping Center (2), Clear Lake Shopping Center (3).
Churches in Clearlake include: Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (A), Calvary Chapel of Clearlake (B), First Assembly of God Church (C), First Baptist Church (D), Saint Johns Lutheran Church (E), Neighborhood Pentecostal Holiness Church (F), Church of Christ (G), Church of the Nazarene (H).
Lake: Borax Lake (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Molesworth Creek (A), Seigler Canyon Creek (B), Burns Valley (C).
Parks in Clearlake include: Austin Park (1), Redbud Park (2).
Post offices: Clearlake Post Office (A), Clearlake Park Post Office (B).
Clearlake compared to California state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Clearlake:
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KIQI (1010 AM; 35 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF SAN FRANCISCO LICENSE CORP.)
- KFBK (1530 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KTCT (1050 AM; 50 kW; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- KFAX (1100 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: GOLDEN GATE BROADCASTING CO, INC.)
- KFIA (710 AM; 25 kW; CARMICHAEL, CA; Owner: VISTA BROADCASTING INC.)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KNEW (910 AM; 20 kW; OAKLAND, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KSTE (650 AM; 25 kW; RANCHO CORDOVA, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KYCY (1550 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Clearlake:
- KNDL (89.9 FM; ANGWIN, CA; Owner: HOWELL MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KLVR (91.9 FM; SANTA ROSA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KXTS (100.9 FM; CALISTOGA, CA; Owner: SINCLAIR TELECABLE, INC.)
- KSXY (98.7 FM; MIDDLETOWN, CA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KBBF (89.1 FM; SANTA ROSA, CA; Owner: BILINGUAL B/CING. FOUNDATION, INC.)
- KXBX-FM (98.3 FM; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- KFGY (92.9 FM; HEALDSBURG, CA; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF SANTA ROSA LICENSE LLC)
- KRCB-FM (91.1 FM; SANTA ROSA, CA; Owner: RURAL CALIFORNIA BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KWNE (94.5 FM; UKIAH, CA; Owner: BROADCASTING CORP. OF MENDICINO CTY.)
- KQPM (105.9 FM; UKIAH, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- K296ES (107.1 FM; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING UKIAH, LLC)
- KNTI (99.5 FM; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- K242AH (96.3 FM; KELSEYVILLE, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING UKIAH, LLC)
- KRSH (95.9 FM; HEALDSBURG, CA; Owner: DEAS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- K242AD (96.3 FM; BOONVILLE, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING UKIAH, LLC)
- KKCY (103.1 FM; COLUSA, CA; Owner: RESULTS RADIO LICENSEE, LLC)
- KXFX (101.7 FM; SANTA ROSA, CA; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF SANTA ROSA LICENSE LLC)
- K202CT (88.3 FM; SANTA ROSA, CA; Owner: KQED, INC.)
- KUIC (95.3 FM; VACAVILLE, CA; Owner: KUIC, INC.)
- KVRV (97.7 FM; MONTE RIO, CA; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF SANTA ROSA LICENSE LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Clearlake:
- K15FJ (Channel 15; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: THE LAKE COUNTY TELEVISION CLUB)
- K26GK (Channel 26; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: THE LAKE COUNTY TELEVISION CLUB)
- K33CH (Channel 33; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: THE LAKE COUNTY TELEVISION CLUB)
- K64AZ (Channel 64; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: THE LAKE COUNTY TELEVISION CLUB)
- K46DR (Channel 46; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: THE LAKE COUNTY TELEVISION CLUB)
- K54CY (Channel 54; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: THE LAKE COUNTY TELEVISION CLUB)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.