Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,668
Males: 6,067 (52.0%), Females: 5,601 (48.0%)
Median resident age: 28.6 years
Median household income: $38,133 (year 2000)
Median house value: $86,900 (year 2000)
Coalinga, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Coalinga:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (49.8%)
- White Non-Hispanic (43.3%)
- Other race (32.3%)
- Two or more races (4.6%)
- American Indian (2.5%)
- Black (2.4%)
Ancestries: German (6.4%), Irish (5.6%), English (5.1%), United States (5.0%), Italian (1.6%), Swedish (1.4%).
New! California forum
Elevation: 667 feet
Land area: 5.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Coalinga
- High school or higher: 65.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.9%
- Unemployed: 13.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 17.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Coalinga city
- Never married: 26.7%
- Now married: 58.0%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 5.0%
- Divorced: 8.5%
19.8% Foreign born (19.1% Latin America).
California Guide - for Motels, Real Estate, Maps Hotels, Restaurants, and more />
Hotels - prices from the top travel engines to find the lowest rate. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Fresno, (59.0 miles pop. 427,652).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (196.8 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: CA Avenal, (18.2 miles CA (18.3 miles Huron, Creek, CA (25.4 miles Cantua City, CA (28.7 miles Kettleman Station, CA (33.1 miles Lemoore CA (33.5 miles Shandon, Joaquin, CA (34.2 miles San Miguel, CA San (35.5 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 97 buildings, average cost: $85,600
- 1997: 42 buildings, average cost: $83,300
- 1998: 23 buildings, average cost: $93,100
- 1999: 23 buildings, average cost: $98,000
- 2000: 15 buildings, average cost: $119,800
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $79,000
- 2002: 31 buildings, average cost: $108,700
- 2003: 62 buildings, average cost: $115,900
- 2004: 73 buildings, average cost: $118,900
Latitude: 36.14 N, Longitude: 120.36 W
Area code: 559
Coalinga, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.4%), Public administration (18.8%), Agriculture,forestry,fishing and hunting, and mining (16.0%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (12.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,086 (-9.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,869 (46.3%)
Crime in Coalinga (2001):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 1 rape (8.4 per 100,000)
- 3 robberies (25.2 per 100,000)
- 28 assaults (235.6 per 100,000)
- 66 burglaries (555.3 per 100,000)
- 242 thefts (2036.2 per 100,000)
- 17 auto thefts (143.0 per 100,000) crime index = 193.3 (higher means more crime, US average = 330.8)
Crime in Coalinga (2002):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 4 rapes (33.1 per 100,000)
- 4 robberies (33.1 per 100,000)
- 18 assaults (148.8 per 100,000)
- 83 burglaries (686.1 per 100,000)
- 281 thefts (2322.9 per 100,000)
- 24 auto thefts (198.4 per 100,000) crime index = 217.4 (higher means more crime, US average = 328.4)
Average climate in Coalinga, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Jo Stafford - (born 1917), singer.
Hospital/medical center in Coalinga:
- COALINGA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (1191 PHELPS AVENUE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Coalinga:
- TWIN CITIES COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 49 miles; TEMPLETON, CA)
- GEORGE L MEE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 49 miles; KING CITY, CA)
- CENTRAL VALLEY GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 51 miles; HANFORD, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Coalinga, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Coalinga:
- PASO ROBLES MUNI (about 38 miles; PASO ROBLES, CA; ID: PRB)
- FRESNO YOSEMITE INTERNATIONAL (about 62 miles; FRESNO, CA; ID: FAT)
- SAN LUIS COUNTY REGIONAL (about 66 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; ID: SBP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Coalinga:
- NEW COALINGA MUNI (about 6 miles; COALINGA, CA; ID: C80)
- HARRIS RANCH (about 11 miles; COALINGA, CA; ID: 3O8)
- MENDOTA (about 42 miles; MENDOTA, CA; ID: Q84)
Local government website:
College/University in Coalinga:
- WEST HILLS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 2,406; Location: 300 CHERRY LN; Public; Website: www.westhillscollege.com)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Coalinga:
- CALIFORNIA POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIV-SAN LUIS OBISPO (about 55 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 15,985)
- CUESTA COLLEGE (about 55 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; FT enrollment: 6,121)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-FRESNO (about 65 miles; FRESNO, CA; FT enrollment: 16,035)
- FRESNO CITY COLLEGE (about 65 miles; FRESNO, CA; FT enrollment: 10,741)
- REEDLEY COLLEGE (about 72 miles; REEDLEY, CA; FT enrollment: 5,344)
- COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS (about 73 miles; VISALIA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,295)
- MERCED COLLEGE (about 84 miles; MERCED, CA; FT enrollment: 5,482)
Public high schools in Coalinga:
- COALINGA HIGH (Students: 1,117; Location: 750 VAN NESS AVE; Grades: 08 - 12)
- CAMBRIDGE HIGH (Students: 49; Location: 516 BAKER ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- COMMUNITY DAY SCHOOL (Students: 20; Location: 275 CAMBRIDGE AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Coalinga:
- COALINGA MIDDLE (Students: 686; Location: 265 CAMBRIDGE AVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SUNSET ELEMENTARY (Students: 435; Location: 985 SUNSET ST.; Grades: 03 - 06)
- NELL DAWSON ELEMENTARY (Students: 422; Location: 1303 SUNSET ST.; Grades: 01 - 06)
- HENRY F. BISHOP ELEMENTARY (Students: 290; Location: 1501 SUNSET ST.; Grades: KG - 02)
- ANNIE E. CHENEY KINDERGARTEN (Students: 149; Location: 149 ADAMS ST.; Grades: KG - KG)
Private primary/middle schools in Coalinga:
- FAITH CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 61; Location: 450 W ELM AVE; Grades: PK - 5)
- PLEASANT VALLEY DAY (Students: 7; Location: PO BOX 421 10 WASHINGTON ST; Grades: 6 - 10)
Library in Coalinga:
- COALINGA-HURON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT LIBR (Operating income: $791,978; Location: 305 N. FOURTH ST.; 74,753 books; 811 audio materials; 1,949 video materials; 126 serial subscriptions)
Coalinga compared to California state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Coalinga:
- KKFO (1470 AM; 1 kW; COALINGA, CA; Owner: WESTERN PACIFIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KGDP (660 AM; 50 kW; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: RADIO REPRESENTATIVES, INC.)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KERI (1180 AM; 50 kW; WASCO-GREENACRES, CA; Owner: KWSO, INC.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KMBX (700 AM; 10 kW; SOLEDAD, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KOOR (790 AM; 10 kW; CLOVIS, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KYAA (1200 AM; 25 kW; SOQUEL, CA; Owner: PEOPLE'S RADIO, INC.)
- KLOK (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KXEX (1550 AM; 10 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: RAK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Coalinga:
- K217EQ (91.3 FM; COALINGA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K203AQ (88.5 FM; HELM, ETC., CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KDKL (88.3 FM; COALINGA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KWOL (105.5 FM; SAN JOAQUIN, CA; Owner: MESOSPHERE BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KRKC-FM (102.1 FM; KING CITY, CA; Owner: KING CITY COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KBDH (91.7 FM; SAN ARDO, CA; Owner: PATAPHYSICAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- K206CC (89.1 FM; LOCKWOOD, CA; Owner: PRUNEDALE EDUC. F'DATION/CENTRAL CA)
- KSTT-FM (101.3 FM; LOS OSOS-BAYWOOD PAR, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSLY-FM (96.1 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- K211DG (90.1 FM; FIREBAUGH, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Coalinga:
- KGMC-LP (Channel 22; FRESNO, CA; Owner: GARY M. COCOLA FAMILY TRUST, GARY M. COCOLA TRUSTEE)
- KJKZ-LP (Channel 27; COALINGA, CA; Owner: GARY M. COCOLA FAMILY TRUST, GARY M. COCOLA TRUSTEE)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.