Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 14,458
Males: 9,761 (67.5%), Females: 4,697 (32.5%)
Median resident age: 30.7 years
Median household income: $30,783 (year 2000)
Median house value: $74,900 (year 2000)
Corcoran, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Corcoran:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (59.6%)
- Other race (46.4%)
- White Non-Hispanic (24.1%)
- Black (14.2%)
- Two or more races (3.1%)
- American Indian (2.0%)
Ancestries: German (3.1%), Irish (2.8%), English (1.8%), United States (1.5%).
New! California forum
Elevation: 207 feet
Land area: 6.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Corcoran
- High school or higher: 62.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.2%
- Unemployed: 13.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 17.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Corcoran city
- Never married: 19.3%
- Now married: 64.1%
- Separated: 4.3%
- Widowed: 7.1%
- Divorced: 5.1%
14.4% Foreign born (14.1% Latin America).
and apartments - apartments, comfort intimacy down town Bucharest />
Real Estate - 1000s of properties for sale or lease in Orange County. />
California - Deals, Read Reviews from Real People. Get the Truth. Then Go. />
Rent By Owner - properties for rent or lease List your rent property for $40/yr />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Visalia, (23.7 miles www.TripAdvisor.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Fresno, (49.9 miles pop. 427,652).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (161.2 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Garden, CA (15.1 miles Home CA (15.3 miles Alpaugh, CA (17.1 miles Tulare, CA Hanford, (17.4 miles CA (17.6 miles Tipton, CA (17.9 miles Armona, CA (19.0 miles Stratford, CA (20.0 miles Goshen,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 30 buildings, average cost: $86,600
- 1997: 30 buildings, average cost: $110,700
- 1998: 40 buildings, average cost: $106,300
- 1999: 43 buildings, average cost: $99,300
- 2000: 41 buildings, average cost: $101,100
- 2001: 51 buildings, average cost: $95,600
- 2002: 15 buildings, average cost: $112,300
- 2003: 47 buildings, average cost: $117,000
- 2004: 62 buildings, average cost: $126,800
Latitude: 36.10 N, Longitude: 119.56 W
Area code: 559
Corcoran, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Agriculture,forestry,fishing and hunting, and mining (23.3%), Educational,health and social services (20.1%), Public administration (11.7%), Manufacturing (11.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,075 (+7.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,453 (50.1%)
Crime in Corcoran (2001):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 4 rapes (27.2 per 100,000)
- 1 robbery (6.8 per 100,000)
- 41 assaults (278.4 per 100,000)
- 87 burglaries (590.8 per 100,000)
- 148 thefts (1005.0 per 100,000)
- 22 auto thefts (149.4 per 100,000) crime index = 165.1 (higher means more crime, US average = 330.8)
Crime in Corcoran (2002):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 4 rapes (26.7 per 100,000)
- 3 robberies (20.0 per 100,000)
- 46 assaults (306.9 per 100,000)
- 114 burglaries (760.6 per 100,000)
- 207 thefts (1381.0 per 100,000)
- 31 auto thefts (206.8 per 100,000) crime index = 210.5 (higher means more crime, US average = 328.4)
Average climate in Corcoran, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospital/medical center in Corcoran:
- CORCORAN DISTRICT HOSPITAL (1310 HANNA AVE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Corcoran:
- TULARE DISTRICT HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; TULARE, CA)
- CENTRAL VALLEY GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; HANFORD, CA)
- HANFORD COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER (about 17 miles; HANFORD, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Corcoran, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Corcoran:
- VISALIA MUNI (about 20 miles; VISALIA, CA; ID: VIS)
- FRESNO YOSEMITE INTERNATIONAL (about 48 miles; FRESNO, CA; ID: FAT)
- MEADOWS FIELD (about 58 miles; BAKERSFIELD, CA; ID: BFL)
Other public-use airports nearest to Corcoran:
- CORCORAN (about 2 miles; CORCORAN, CA; ID: CRO)
- HANFORD MUNI (about 16 miles; HANFORD, CA; ID: HJO)
- MEFFORD FIELD (about 18 miles; TULARE, CA; ID: TLR)
CORCORAN (WHITLEY & OTIS AVES.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Corcoran:
- COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS (about 23 miles; VISALIA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 6,295)
- REEDLEY COLLEGE (about 37 miles; REEDLEY, CA; FT enrollment: 5,344)
- PORTERVILLE COLLEGE (about 39 miles; PORTERVILLE, CA; FT enrollment: 2,288)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-FRESNO (about 45 miles; FRESNO, CA; FT enrollment: 16,035)
- FRESNO CITY COLLEGE (about 45 miles; FRESNO, CA; FT enrollment: 10,741)
- WEST HILLS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 52 miles; COALINGA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,406)
- BAKERSFIELD COLLEGE (about 64 miles; BAKERSFIELD, CA; FT enrollment: 7,978)
Public high schools in Corcoran:
- CORCORAN HIGH (Students: 890; Location: 1100 LETTS AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- CORCORAN UNIFIED COMMUNITY (Students: 20; Location: 1001 LETTS AVE.; Grades: 07 - 12)
- KINGS LAKE HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 11; Location: 1520 PATTERSON AVE.; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Corcoran:
- JOHN MUIR MIDDLE (Students: 746; Location: 707 LETTS ST.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MARK TWAIN ELEMENTARY (Students: 530; Location: 1520 PATTERSON AVE.; Grades: 03 - 05)
- BRET HARTE ELEMENTARY (Students: 511; Location: 1520 PATTERSON AVE.; Grades: KG - 01)
- FREMONT (JOHN C.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 482; Location: 1520 PATTERSON AVE.; Grades: 01 - 03)
| || |
Notable locations in Corcoran: Boswell Camp One (A), Corcoran High School Agricultural Farm (B), Crockett And Gambogy Labor Camp (C), Corcoran Branch Kings County Library (D), Corcoran City Hall (E), Corcoran Family YMCA (F), Corcoran State Prison (G), Corcoran Unified School District Office (H), Veterans Memorial Hall (I), Kate H Boswell Seniors Center (J).
Churches in Corcoran include: Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (A), Episcopal Church of the Epiphany (B), First Baptist Church (C), First Missionary Baptist Church (D), First Presbyterian Church (E), First United Methodist Church (F), First United Presbyterian Church (G), Church of Christ (H).
Parks in Corcoran include: John Maroot Park (1), Father Wyatt Park (2), Burnham Smith Park (3), Corcoran City Swimming Pool (4).
Post office: (A).
Corcoran compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Corcoran:
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KERI (1180 AM; 50 kW; WASCO-GREENACRES, CA; Owner: KWSO, INC.)
- KJUG (1270 AM; 5 kW; TULARE, CA; Owner: WESTCOAST BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCHJ (1010 AM; 5 kW; DELANO, CA; Owner: ILLINOIS LOTUS CORP.)
- KGDP (660 AM; 50 kW; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: RADIO REPRESENTATIVES, INC.)
- KIGS (620 AM; 1 kW; HANFORD, CA; Owner: PERREIRA BROADCASTING)
- KRDU (1130 AM; 6 kW; DINUBA, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KOOR (790 AM; 10 kW; CLOVIS, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KNZR (1560 AM; 25 kW; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORP. OF CALIF.)
- KIRV (1510 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: GORE-OVERGAARD BROADCASTING, INC)
- KIRN (670 AM; 35 kW; SIMI VALLEY, CA; Owner: LOTUS OXNARD CORP.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Corcoran:
- KGEN-FM (94.5 FM; HANFORD, CA; Owner: AZTECA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KXQX (102.3 FM; CORCORAN, CA; Owner: RAK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KZPO (103.3 FM; LINDSAY, CA; Owner: LINDSAY BROADCASTING)
- KMQA (100.5 FM; EAST PORTERVILLE, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING PORTERVILLE L.L.C.)
- KMAK (100.3 FM; ORANGE COVE, CA; Owner: RICHARD B. SMITH)
- KDUV (88.9 FM; VISALIA, CA; Owner: COMMUNITY EDUCATIONAL B/CASTNG, INC.)
- KJUG-FM (106.7 FM; TULARE, CA; Owner: WESTCOAST BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K220EY (91.9 FM; PORTERVILLE, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KUFW (90.5 FM; WOODLAKE, CA; Owner: NATIONAL FARM WORKERS SERVICE CENTER)
- K203CM (88.5 FM; SANGER, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K266AH (101.1 FM; BENA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KTQX (90.1 FM; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: RADIO BILINGUE, INC.)
- K217EQ (91.3 FM; COALINGA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KGZO (90.9 FM; SHAFTER, CA; Owner: THE ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY EDUCATION, INC.)
- K203AQ (88.5 FM; HELM, ETC., CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KMGV (97.9 FM; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KWYE (101.1 FM; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KCRZ (104.9 FM; TIPTON, CA; Owner: WESTCOAST BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KQKL (88.5 FM; SELMA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KFYE (106.3 FM; KINGSBURG, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.