Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 38,816. Estimated population in July 2005: 39,603 (+2.0% change)
Males: 18,117 (46.7%), Females: 20,699 (53.3%)
Los Angeles County
Median resident age: 39.1 years
Median household income: $51,792 (year 2000)
Median house value: $311,100 (year 2000)
Culver City, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Culver City:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (48.1%)
- Hispanic (23.7%)
- Black (12.0%)
- Other race (10.2%)
- Two or more races (5.7%)
- Japanese (3.3%)
- Chinese (2.1%)
- Filipino (1.9%)
- Asian Indian (1.9%)
- American Indian (1.8%)
- Korean (1.5%)
- Other Asian (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (8.9%), Irish (7.1%), English (7.0%), Italian (4.4%), Russian (3.8%), United States (3.8%).
New! City, California forum
Elevation: 94 feet
Land area: 5.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Culver City
- High school or higher: 87.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 41.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 17.3%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Culver City city
- Never married: 31.3%
- Now married: 48.2%
- Separated: 2.4%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 12.3%
26.6% Foreign born (12.4% Latin America, 8.5% Asia, 3.3% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: -127 (-0.3%).
Homes For Sale - A Complete List of Homes. Free Search for Homes in California />
City Hotels - to find great deals? Compare low hotel rates before you book. />
City Hotels - Deals, Read Reviews from Real People. Get the Truth. Then Go. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA (5.1 miles Inglewood, pop. 112,580).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Angeles, CA Los (5.7 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Heights, CA Ladera (2.3 miles Park-Windsor Hills, CA View (3.8 miles del Rey, CA Marina (4.1 miles Hills, CA Beverly (4.5 miles CA (5.1 miles Inglewood, CA (5.6 miles Lennox, Monica, CA Santa (5.6 miles Angeles, CA Los (5.7 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 26 buildings, average cost: $165,200
- 1997: 13 buildings, average cost: $195,700
- 1998: 9 buildings, average cost: $110,900
- 1999: 51 buildings, average cost: $172,000
- 2000: 35 buildings, average cost: $168,900
- 2001: 6 buildings, average cost: $183,300
- 2002: 9 buildings, average cost: $244,900
- 2003: 8 buildings, average cost: $214,600
- 2004: 11 buildings, average cost: $203,500
Latitude: 34.01 N, Longitude: 118.40 W
Area code: 310
Culver City, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.1%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (18.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +21,034 (+54.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,415 (17.2%)
Crime in Culver City by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||3 ||2 ||0 ||2 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||7.7 ||5.2 ||0.0 ||5.2 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||5 ||3 ||3 ||3 ||5 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||12.9 ||7.7 ||7.7 ||7.7 ||12.9 ||7.7 |
|Robberies ||122 ||114 ||121 ||101 ||131 ||113 |
| per 100,000 ||314.3 ||293.7 ||311.7 ||260.2 ||337.5 ||291.1 |
|Assaults ||74 ||44 ||38 ||28 ||43 ||33 |
| per 100,000 ||190.6 ||113.4 ||97.9 ||72.1 ||110.8 ||85.0 |
|Burglaries ||222 ||201 ||200 ||183 ||226 ||223 |
| per 100,000 ||571.9 ||517.8 ||515.3 ||471.5 ||582.2 ||574.5 |
|Thefts ||721 ||988 ||919 ||971 ||795 ||825 |
| per 100,000 ||1857.5 ||2545.3 ||2367.6 ||2501.5 ||2048.1 ||2125.4 |
|Auto thefts ||189 ||231 ||166 ||162 ||155 ||162 |
| per 100,000 ||486.9 ||595.1 ||427.7 ||417.4 ||399.3 ||417.4 |
| ||290.9 ||307.3 ||286.3 ||262.0 ||288.3 ||266.1 |
Average climate in Culver City, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Culver City-area historical tornado activity is significantly above California state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/1/1983, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 2.9 miles away from the Culver City city center injured 30 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 11/7/1966, a category 2 tornado 10.2 miles away from the city center caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Drew Barrymore - (born 1975), actress, Gwen Verdon - (1925-2000), dancer, actress, Helen Hunt - (born 1963), actress, Derrick Deese - 2005 NFL player (Tampa Bay Buccaneers, born: May 17, 1970), Karl Paymah - 2005 NFL player (Denver Broncos, born: Nov 29, 1982), Michael Whelan - science fiction visual artist, Oliver Ross - 2005 NFL player (Arizona Cardinals, born: Sep 27, 1974).
Main business address for: PROSPECT MEDICAL HOLDINGS INC (SERVICES-OFFICES & CLINICS OF DOCTORS OF MEDICINE), WORLDWIDE RESTAURANT CONCEPTS INC (RETAIL-EATING PLACES), SMALL WORLD KIDS INC (GAMES, TOYS & CHILDREN'S VEHICLES (NO DOLLS & BICYCLES)), PROTECTION ONE INC (SERVICES-MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS SERVICES), PROTECTION ONE ALARM MONITORING INC (SERVICES-MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS SERVICES).
Hospital/medical center in Culver City:
- BROTMAN MEDICAL CENTER (3828 DELMAS TERRACE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Culver City:
- KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITAL (about 2 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA)
- VENCOR HOSPITAL - LOS ANGELES (about 3 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA)
- CENTURY CITY HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Culver City, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Culver City:
- LOS ANGELES INTL (about 6 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA; ID: LAX)
- BURBANK-GLENDALE-PASADENA (about 14 miles; BURBANK, CA; ID: BUR)
- LONG BEACH /DAUGHERTY FIELD/ (about 22 miles; LONG BEACH, CA; ID: LGB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Culver City:
- SANTA MONICA MUNI (about 4 miles; SANTA MONICA, CA; ID: SMO)
- JACK NORTHROP FIELD/HAWTHORNE MUNICIPAL (about 8 miles; HAWTHORNE, CA; ID: HHR)
- VAN NUYS (about 15 miles; VAN NUYS, CA; ID: VNY)
Amtrak stations near Culver City:
- 12 miles: LOS ANGELES (800 N. ALAMEDA ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, car rental agency, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 13 miles: GLENDALE (400 W. CERRITOS AVE.). Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 14 miles: BURBANK AIRPORT (BURBANK, EMPIRE & AIRPORT AVES.). Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, car rental agency, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Colleges/Universities in Culver City:
- WEST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 4,640; Location: 4800 FRESHMAN DR; Public; Website: WWW.WLAC.CC.CA.US)
- BIOFEEDBACK INSTITUTE OF LOS ANGELES (Location: 3710 S ROBERTSON STE 216; Private, not-for-profit)
- CULVER BEAUTY COLLEGE (Location: 3834 MAIN ST; Private, for-profit)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Culver City:
- LOYOLA MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY (about 4 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA; Full-time enrollment: 6,890)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-LOS ANGELES (about 5 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA; FT enrollment: 35,930)
- SANTA MONICA COLLEGE (about 5 miles; SANTA MONICA, CA; FT enrollment: 15,470)
- LOS ANGELES SOUTHWEST COLLEGE (about 8 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA; FT enrollment: 2,971)
- LOS ANGELES CITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA; FT enrollment: 8,298)
- LOS ANGELES TRADE TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 10 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA; FT enrollment: 8,528)
- FASHION INSTITUTE OF DESIGN AND MERCH-LOS ANGELES (about 10 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA; FT enrollment: 2,112)
Public high schools in Culver City:
- CULVER CITY SENIOR HIGH (Students: 2,134; Location: 4401 ELENDA ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- CITY HONORS HIGH (Students: 103; Location: WEST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE 4800; Grades: 09 - 12)
- CULVER PARK CONTINUATION HIGH (Students: 73; Location: 5303 BERRYMAN AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- CULVER CITY COMMUNITY DAY (Students: 11; Location: 3939 VAN BUREN PLACE; Grades: 07 - 12)
Private high schools in Culver City:
- EDUCATIONAL RESOURCE & SER CTR (Students: 164; Location: 10101 W JEFFERSON BLVD; Grades: PK - 12)
- VENTURE SCHOOL (Students: 27; Location: 5333 SO SEPULVEDA BLVD 9; Grades: 10 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Culver City:
- CULVER CITY MIDDLE (Students: 1,710; Location: 4601 ELENDA ST.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- EL MARINO ELEMENTARY (Students: 671; Location: 11450 PORT ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
- BRADDOCK DRIVE ELEMENTARY (Students: 634; Location: 4711 INGLEWOOD BLVD.; Grades: KG - 05)
- STONER AVENUE ELEMENTARY (Students: 598; Location: 11735 BRADDOCK DR.; Grades: KG - 05)
- LA BALLONA ELEMENTARY (Students: 562; Location: 10915 WASHINGTON BLVD.; Grades: KG - 05)
- HOWE (LINWOOD E.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 556; Location: 4100 IRVING PL.; Grades: KG - 05)
- EL RINCON ELEMENTARY (Students: 543; Location: 11177 OVERLAND AVE.; Grades: KG - 05)
- FARRAGUT ELEMENTARY (Students: 525; Location: 10820 FARRAGUT DR.; Grades: KG - 05)
- PLAYA DEL REY ELEMENTARY (Students: 250; Location: 12221 JUNIETTE ST.; Grades: KG - 05)
- CULVER CITY INDEPENDENT STUDY (Students: 65; Location: 11450 PORT ROAD; Grades: KG - 12)
Private primary/middle schools in Culver City:
- ST AUGUSTINE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 319; Location: 3819 CLARINGTON AVENUE; Grades: PK - 8)
- WILLOWS COMMUNITY THE (Students: 279; Location: 8509 HIGUERA ST.; Grades: KG - 8)
- ECHO HORIZON SCHOOL (Students: 273; Location: 3430 MC MANUS AVE; Grades: KG - 6)
- OHR ELIAHU ACADEMY (Students: 151; Location: 5950 STONEVIEW AVE; Grades: PK - 8)
- TEMPLE AKIBA OF CULVER CITY (Students: 148; Location: 5249 S SEPULVEDA BLVD; Grades: KG - 10)
- PACIFICA MONTESSORI SCHOOL INC (Students: 66; Location: 6585 GREEN VALLEY CIR; Grades: PK - 3)
- CULVER CITY PRESBYTERIAN KDGN (Students: 64; Location: 11269 W WASHINGTON BLVD; Grades: PK - KG)
- A CHILDS PLACE (Students: 62; Location: P O BOX 4849; Grades: PK - KG)
- CREATIVE CHILDCRAFT PRESCHOOL (Students: 40; Location: 3735 MOTOR AVE; Grades: PK - KG)
| || |
Notable locations in Culver City: Fox Hills Country Club (A), MGM Studios (B), Desilu Studios (C), Robert Lee Frost Auditorium (D), Culver City Branch of Los Angeles Public Library (E).
Shopping Centers: Fox Hills Mall Shopping Center (1), Fox Hills Plaza Shopping Center (2), Raintree Plaza Shopping Center (3).
Church in Culver City: Saint Augustine Roman Catholic Church (A).
Cemeteries: Hillside Memorial Park (1), Veterans Memorial Park (2).
Parks in Culver City include: Culver West Park (1), Culver Slauson Park (2), Culver City Park (3), Blair Hills Park (4), Blanco Park (5), McManus Park (6), Media Park (7), Fox Hills Park (8), Tellefson Park (9).
Culver City compared to California state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Culver City:
- KABC (790 AM; 5 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KHJ (930 AM; 5 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: LBI RADIO LICENSE CORP.)
- KTYM (1460 AM; 5 kW; INGLEWOOD, CA)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KNX (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KFOX (1650 AM; 10 kW; TORRANCE, CA; Owner: CHAGAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KBLA (1580 AM; 50 kW; SANTA MONICA, CA)
- KWKW (1330 AM; 5 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: LOTUS COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KFWB (980 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KMPC (1540 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KRLA (870 AM; 20 kW; GLENDALE, CA; Owner: NEW INSPIRATION BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KXMX (1190 AM; 25 kW; ANAHEIM, CA; Owner: NEW INSPIRATION BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Culver City:
- KKBT (100.3 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- KDLD (103.1 FM; SANTA MONICA, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC.)
- KRCD (103.9 FM; INGLEWOOD, CA; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KJLH (102.3 FM; COMPTON, CA; Owner: TAXI LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KYSR (98.7 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KRTH-FM (101.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KCRW (89.9 FM; SANTA MONICA, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMM. COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KZLA-FM (93.9 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KPWR (105.9 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KLSX (97.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KUSC (91.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
- KKLA-FM (99.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: NEW INSPIRATION BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KCBS-FM (93.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KSCA (101.9 FM; GLENDALE, CA; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- K212FA (90.3 FM; TEMPLE CITY, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KLOS (95.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KLOS-FM RADIO, INC.)
- KOST (103.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KLVE (107.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KLVE-FM LICENSE CORP.)
- KIIS-FM (102.7 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPCC (89.3 FM; PASADENA, CA; Owner: PASADENA AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT)
TV broadcast stations around Culver City:
- KTRO-LP (Channel 50; LANCASTER, CA; Owner: ROBERT D. ADELMAN)
- KCBS-TV (Channel 2; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- KTLA-TV (Channel 5; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KTLA INC.)
- KABC-TV (Channel 7; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: ABC HOLDING COMPANY, INC.)
- KCAL-TV (Channel 9; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: VIACOM TELEVISION STATIONS GROUP OF LOS ANGELES LLC)
- KNBC (Channel 4; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (KNBC-TV), INC.)
- K38CY (Channel 38; VAN NUYS, CA; Owner: CAPITAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KMEX-TV (Channel 34; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KMEX LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- KWJD-LP (Channel 25; VAN NUYS, CA; Owner: FRIENDLY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.