Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 55,204
Males: 27,380 (49.6%), Females: 27,824 (50.4%)
Santa Barbara County
Median resident age: 38.2 years
Median household income: $60,314 (year 2000)
Median house value: $425,700 (year 2000)
Goleta, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Goleta:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (67.4%)
- Hispanic (22.3%)
- Other race (9.2%)
- Two or more races (3.5%)
- Chinese (1.8%)
- American Indian (1.6%)
- Black (1.3%)
- Filipino (1.1%)
- Japanese (0.8%)
- Other Asian (0.8%)
- Vietnamese (0.7%)
- Korean (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (15.3%), English (13.5%), Irish (10.5%), Italian (6.3%), French (3.8%), United States (3.3%).
New! California forum
Elevation: 20 feet
Land area: 26.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Goleta
- High school or higher: 87.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 39.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 15.7%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 16.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Goleta CDP
- Never married: 27.7%
- Now married: 54.4%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 5.9%
- Divorced: 10.6%
17.9% Foreign born (8.6% Latin America, 4.9% Asia, 3.2% Europe).
Santa Monica - hotel rates and information See photos, reviews & what's nearby /> California. />
Monica, CA Listings - free MLS listings. Search real estate for sale in Santa Monica. />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Bakersfield, (83.1 miles Yahoo.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (101.8 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Vista, CA Isla (3.7 miles Canyon, CA (6.7 miles Mission Barbara, CA Santa (6.9 miles CA Montecito, (12.5 miles CA (15.0 miles Summerland, Canyon, CA (17.3 miles Toro CA Carpinteria, (20.6 miles Ynez, CA (22.3 miles Santa
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 0 buildings
- 2004: 7 buildings, average cost: $287,300
Latitude: 34.44 N, Longitude: 119.81 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (27.0%), Manufacturing (12.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (12.1%), Retail trade (10.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -250 (-0.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 10,317 (37.5%)
Average climate in Goleta, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Josh Engle - College football player (New Mexico Lobos).
Main business address for: DECKERS OUTDOOR CORP (RUBBER & PLASTICS FOOTWEAR), COMMUNITY WEST BANCSHARES / (STATE COMMERCIAL BANKS).
Hospitals/medical centers near Goleta:
- GOLETA VALLEY COTTAGE HOSPITAL (about 1 miles; SANTA BARBARA, CA)
- SANTA BARBARA CNTY PSYCH HLTH FACILITY (about 4 miles; SANTA BARBARA, CA)
- REHAB INSTITUTE AT SANTA BARBARA,THE (about 5 miles; SANTA BARBARA, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Goleta, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Goleta:
- SANTA BARBARA MUNI (about 3 miles; SANTA BARBARA, CA; ID: SBA)
- OXNARD (about 46 miles; OXNARD, CA; ID: OXR)
- POINT MUGU NAS (NAVAL BASE VENTURA CNTY) (about 54 miles; POINT MUGU, CA; ID: NTD)
Other public-use airports nearest to Goleta:
- SANTA YNEZ (about 21 miles; SANTA YNEZ, CA; ID: IZA)
- NEW CUYAMA (about 36 miles; NEW CUYAMA, CA; ID: L88)
- LOMPOC (about 48 miles; LOMPOC, CA; ID: LPC)
GOLETA (S. LA PATERA LN.)
College/University in Goleta:
- CENTRAL COAST TRAVEL ACADEMY (Location: 5652 SALLE REAL; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Goleta:
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SANTA BARBARA (about 2 miles; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 19,420)
- SANTA BARBARA CITY COLLEGE (about 7 miles; SANTA BARBARA, CA; FT enrollment: 8,137)
- VENTURA COLLEGE (about 43 miles; VENTURA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,285)
- ALLAN HANCOCK COLLEGE (about 49 miles; SANTA MARIA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,037)
- OXNARD COLLEGE (about 49 miles; OXNARD, CA; FT enrollment: 3,760)
- TAFT COLLEGE (about 57 miles; Taft, CA; FT enrollment: 2,801)
- MOORPARK COLLEGE (about 66 miles; Moorpark, CA; FT enrollment: 7,773)
Public high schools in Goleta:
- DOS PUEBLOS SENIOR HIGH (Students: 2,273; Location: 7266 ALAMEDA AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- DOS PUEBLOS CONTINUATION HIGH (Students: 50; Location: 7268 ALAMEDA AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Goleta:
- GOLETA VALLEY JUNIOR HIGH (Students: 916; Location: 6100 STOW CANYON ROAD; Grades: 07 - 08)
- ISLA VISTA ELEMENTARY (Students: 547; Location: 6875 EL COLEGIO ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- LA PATERA ELEMENTARY (Students: 489; Location: 555 N. LA PATERA LANE; Grades: KG - 06)
- BRANDON ELEMENTARY (Students: 484; Location: 195 BRANDON DR.; Grades: KG - 06)
- ELLWOOD ELEMENTARY (Students: 467; Location: 7686 HOLLISTER AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- KELLOGG ELEMENTARY (Students: 417; Location: 475 CAMBRIDGE AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- SANTA BARBARA CHARTER (ELEM) (Students: 170; Location: 6100 STOW CANYON ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
- SANTA BARBARA CHARTER MIDDLE (Students: 94; Location: 6100 STOW CANYON ROAD; Grades: 06 - 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Goleta:
- SANTA BARBARA CHRISTIAN SCH (Students: 274; Location: PO BOX 997; Grades: KG - 8)
- MONTESSORI CENTER SCHOOL (Students: 249; Location: 401 N FAIRVIEW AVE #1; Grades: PK - 6)
- RAINBOW SCHOOL (Students: 8; Location: 5689 HOLLISTER AVE. NO. C; Grades: KG - KG)
| || |
Notable locations in Goleta: Hope Ranch (A), Ocean Meadows Golf Course (B), La Cumbre Country Club (C), Cathedral Oaks Tennis Club (D), Corona Del Mar Rancho (E), Southern Pacific Station (F), County of Santa Barbara Honor Farm (G), San Jose Winery (H), La Morada Girls Home (I), Joseph Sexton House (J), Hope House (K), Cathedral Oaks Fire Administrative Center (L), Cathedral Oaks County School Administration Building (M), Goleta Branch Santa Barbara Public Library (N), Goleta Railroad Museum (O), Goleta Unified School District Administration Office (P), Goleta Valley Chamber of Commerce (Q), Goleta Valley Community Center (R), Santa Barbara County Jail (S), Horace Sexton Museum (T).
Shopping Centers: Padre Shopping Center (1), Magnolia Shopping Center (2), University Plaza Shopping Center (3), Turnpike Shopping Center (4), Calle Real Shopping Center (5).
Churches in Goleta include: Goleta Church of God in Christ (A), Goleta Presbyterian Church (B), Grace Baptist Church (C), Emanuel Chapel (D), Faith Baptist Church (E), Family LIfe Fellowship Church (F), Living Faith Center (G), Beth Messiah Congregation (H).
Cemeteries: Goleta Cemetery (1), La Patera Catholic Cemetery (2).
Lakes and reservoirs: Blanca, Laguna (A), Lauro Reservoir (B), Lake Los Carneros (C).
Creeks: Maria Ygnacio Creek (A), San Antonio Creek (B), San Jose Creek (C), San Pedro Creek (D), Cieneguitas Creek (E), Atascadero Creek (F).
Parks in Goleta include: Lake Los Carneros Park (1), Evergreen Park (2), Stow Grove Park (3), Federated Sportsmans Field (4), Bella Vista Park (5), Berkeley Park (6), Tuckers Grove County Park (7), San Antonio Canyon Park (8).
Beach: Hope Ranch Private Beach (A).
Goleta compared to California state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- House age below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Goleta:
- KEYT (1250 AM; 3 kW; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: SMITH BROADCASTING OF SANTA BARBARA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTMS (990 AM; 5 kW; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KGDP (660 AM; 50 kW; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: RADIO REPRESENTATIVES, INC.)
- KBKO (1490 AM; 1 kW; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KTLK (1340 AM; 1 kW; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KERI (1180 AM; 50 kW; WASCO-GREENACRES, CA; Owner: KWSO, INC.)
- KACD (850 AM; 25 kW; THOUSAND OAKS, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KZBN (1290 AM; 1 kW; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: ROTIJEFCO, INC.)
- KIRN (670 AM; 35 kW; SIMI VALLEY, CA; Owner: LOTUS OXNARD CORP.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KNX (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Goleta:
- K295AH (106.9 FM; GOLETA, CA; Owner: THE ASSOC., FOR COMMUNITY EDUC., INC)
- KIST-FM (107.7 FM; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WICI-FM (94.7 FM; SUMTER, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- K254AH (98.7 FM; ISLA VISTA, CA; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- KRUZ (103.3 FM; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KRAZ (105.9 FM; SANTA YNEZ, CA; Owner: KNIGHT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KSPE-FM (94.5 FM; ELLWOOD, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KMGQ (97.5 FM; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KCSB-FM (91.9 FM; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA)
- KTYD (99.9 FM; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSBX (89.5 FM; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: KCBX, INC.)
- KJEE (92.9 FM; MONTECITO, CA; Owner: MONTECITO, FM, INC)
- K218CP (91.5 FM; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KDB (93.7 FM; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: PACIFIC BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KFAC (88.7 FM; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
- KKSB (106.3 FM; GOLETA, CA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KSBL (101.7 FM; CARPINTERIA, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- K293AG (106.5 FM; TAFT, CA; Owner: CENTRO CRISTIANO DE FE, INC.)
- KCAQ (104.7 FM; OXNARD, CA; Owner: GOLD COAST BROADCASTING LLC)
- KOCP (95.9 FM; CAMARILLO, CA; Owner: GOLD COAST BROADCASTING LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Goleta:
- KVMM-CA (Channel 41; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: CABALLERO TELEVISION TEXAS, L.L.C.)
- K23EQ (Channel 23; VENTURA, CA; Owner: EQUITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KEYT-TV (Channel 3; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: SMITH BROADCASTING OF SANTA BARBARA, LP)
- KPMR (Channel 38; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KSBT-LP (Channel 32; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: ARNOLD N. APPLEBAUM)
- K49EK (Channel 49; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: COASTLINE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- K46GC (Channel 46; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: PENNY DRUCKER)
- KSBB-LP (Channel 17; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: SMITH BROADCASTING OF SANTA BARBARA, LP)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.