Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 58,812. Estimated population in July 2005: 68,063 (+15.7% change)
Males: 26,941 (45.8%), Females: 31,871 (54.2%)
Median resident age: 44.6 years
Median household income: $26,839 (year 2000)
Median house value: $93,700 (year 2000)
Hemet, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Hemet:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (70.3%)
- Hispanic (23.1%)
- Other race (10.6%)
- Two or more races (3.5%)
- Black (2.6%)
- American Indian (2.1%)
- Filipino (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (14.9%), English (13.3%), Irish (10.6%), United States (5.6%), Italian (4.4%), French (3.7%).
New! California forum
Elevation: 1596 feet
Land area: 25.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Hemet
- High school or higher: 73.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.7%
- Unemployed: 10.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hemet city
- Never married: 17.1%
- Now married: 54.1%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 14.8%
- Divorced: 11.9%
11.5% Foreign born (7.5% Latin America, 1.7% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +11,398 (+24.0%).
California - Hemet California? Find cheap hotels, reviews & maps />
MLS Search - Photos of Thousands of Homes Find New Listings in California. />
California - Hemet? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
Property - real estate listings on NYTimes.com />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Riverside, (31.8 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Diego, CA San (67.5 miles travel.Yahoo.com )
Nearest cities: Hemet, CA (3.0 miles East Jacinto, CA (3.3 miles San Vista, CA (5.9 miles Valle CA (7.5 miles Winchester, CA Homeland, (8.9 miles CA Nuevo, (11.0 miles CA (11.3 miles Lakeview, CA Beaumont, (12.6 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 141 buildings, average cost: $150,500
- 1997: 91 buildings, average cost: $175,300
- 1998: 200 buildings, average cost: $183,300
- 1999: 300 buildings, average cost: $142,100
- 2000: 556 buildings, average cost: $170,100
- 2001: 449 buildings, average cost: $173,100
- 2002: 385 buildings, average cost: $161,700
- 2003: 798 buildings, average cost: $180,100
- 2004: 781 buildings, average cost: $201,100
Latitude: 33.74 N, Longitude: 116.98 W
Hemet, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.7%), Retail trade (17.0%), Manufacturing (11.0%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +3,512 (+6.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 7,185 (43.6%)
Crime in Hemet by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 |
|Murders ||4 ||1 ||3 ||1 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||6.8 ||1.7 ||5.1 ||1.7 ||1.7 |
|Rapes ||19 ||9 ||15 ||23 ||29 |
| per 100,000 ||32.3 ||15.3 ||25.5 ||39.1 ||49.3 |
|Robberies ||83 ||89 ||97 ||112 ||107 |
| per 100,000 ||141.1 ||151.3 ||164.9 ||190.4 ||181.9 |
|Assaults ||268 ||225 ||173 ||111 ||301 |
| per 100,000 ||455.7 ||382.6 ||294.2 ||188.7 ||511.8 |
|Burglaries ||901 ||949 ||1,137 ||828 ||801 |
| per 100,000 ||1532.0 ||1613.6 ||1933.3 ||1407.9 ||1362.0 |
|Thefts ||1,012 ||1,139 ||1,387 ||1,368 ||1,819 |
| per 100,000 ||1720.7 ||1936.7 ||2358.4 ||2326.1 ||3092.9 |
|Auto thefts ||292 ||356 ||392 ||351 ||337 |
| per 100,000 ||496.5 ||605.3 ||666.5 ||596.8 ||573.0 |
| ||369.0 ||368.6 ||406.6 ||351.6 ||443.3 |
Average climate in Hemet, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Billy Volek - 2005 NFL player (Tennessee Titans, born: Apr 28, 1976).
Hospital/medical center in Hemet:
- HEMET VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER (1117 E DEVONSHIRE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Hemet:
- SAN GORGONIO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; BANNING, CA)
- VALLEY PLAZA DOCTORS HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; PERRIS, CA)
- MORENO VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER (about 18 miles; MORENO VALLEY, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Hemet, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hemet:
- MARCH ARB (about 21 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; ID: RIV)
- SAN BERNARDINO INTERNATIONAL (about 30 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; ID: SBD)
- PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL (about 34 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: PSP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hemet:
- HEMET-RYAN (about 3 miles; HEMET, CA; ID: HMT)
- BANNING MUNI (about 16 miles; BANNING, CA; ID: BNG)
- FRENCH VALLEY (about 16 miles; MURRIETA/TEMECULA, CA; ID: F70)
HEMET (COCOS REST., 3246 FLORIDA AVE.) - Bus Station
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hemet:
- MOUNT SAN JACINTO COLLEGE (about 4 miles; SAN JACINTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 4,731)
- CRAFTON HILLS COLLEGE (about 21 miles; YUCAIPA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,722)
- UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS (about 25 miles; REDLANDS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,106)
- RIVERSIDE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 31 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 10,798)
- SAN BERNARDINO VALLEY COLLEGE (about 34 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; FT enrollment: 6,100)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SAN BERNARDINO (about 41 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; FT enrollment: 11,953)
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT (about 42 miles; PALM DESERT, CA; FT enrollment: 3,804)
Public high schools in Hemet:
- WEST VALLEY HIGH (Students: 2,675; Location: 3401 MUSTANG WAY; Grades: 09 - 12)
- HEMET SENIOR HIGH (Students: 2,410; Location: 41701 STETSON AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- ALESSANDRO HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 221; Location: 26866 SAN JACINTO ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- HEMET ED. LEARNING CTR. (COMMUNITY DAY) (Students: 65; Location: 136 N. RAMONA ST.; Grades: 07 - 12)
Private high schools in Hemet:
- BAPTIST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 415; Location: 26089 GIRARD STREET; Grades: PK - 12)
- ALPHA OMEGA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 20; Location: 3007 W FLORIDA AVE; Grades: 1 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Hemet:
- SANTA FE MIDDLE (Students: 1,528; Location: 831 E. DEVONSHIRE AVE.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ACACIA MIDDLE (Students: 1,471; Location: 1200 E. ACACIA AVE.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- DARTMOUTH MIDDLE (Students: 1,181; Location: 41535 MAYBERRY AVE.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- BAUTISTA CREEK ELEMENTARY (Students: 1,002; Location: 831 W. DEVONSHIRE AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
- WHITTIER ELEMENTARY (Students: 990; Location: 400 W. WHITTIER AVE.; Grades: KG - 05)
- HEMET ELEMENTARY (Students: 886; Location: 633 E. KIMBALL AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- LITTLE LAKE ELEMENTARY (Students: 820; Location: 26091 S. MERIDIAN ST.; Grades: KG - 05)
- RAMONA ELEMENTARY (Students: 788; Location: 41051 WHITTIER AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- VALLE VISTA ELEMENTARY (Students: 710; Location: 43900 MAYBERRY AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- FRUITVALE ELEMENTARY (Students: 679; Location: 2800 W. FRUITVALE AVE.; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Hemet:
- ST JOHNS LUTHERAN SCHOOL (Students: 125; Location: 26410 COLUMBIA STREET; Grades: KG - 6)
- VALLE VISTA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 119; Location: E FLORIDA AVE; Grades: KG - 8)
- COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 109; Location: 41762 STETSON AVE; Grades: PK - 6)
- HEMET CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 105; Location: 825 SOUTH GILBERT STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- WELCOME SCHOOL (Students: 63; Location: 530 S BUENA VISTA; Grades: PK - KG)
- HEMET VALLEY SEVENTH DAY ADVEN (Students: 38; Location: 26312 HEMET STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- WEE CARE CHILD DEVELOPMENT CTR (Students: 15; Location: 26868 GIRARD ST.; Grades: KG - KG)
Library in Hemet:
- HEMET PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,137,759; Location: 510 E. FLORIDA AVE.; 69,469 books; 2,183 audio materials; 1,662 video materials; 223 serial subscriptions)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- hemet public lbrary is not located on florida ave anymore
| || |
Notable locations in Hemet: Robert M Matts Soil Conservation Checking Station (A), Rancho de Esperanza Equestrian Training Track (B), Mountain Shadows Recreational Vehicle Resort (C), Panorama Golf Course (D), Colonial Country Club (E), Diamond Valley Golf Range (F), Seven Hills Golf Course (G), Echo Hills Golf Course (H), International Bank Note Society Library (I), Simpson Neighborhood Center (J), Hemet Chamber of Commerce (K), Hemet Civic Center (L), Hemet Public Library (M), Domenigoni Valley Reservoir Project Visitors Center (N).
Shopping Centers: Ramona Plaza Shopping Center (1), Hemet Plaza Shopping Center (2), Hemet Valley Mall Shopping Center (3), Hemet Valley Shopping Center (4), Village West Shopping Center (5), Crossroad Shopping Center (6), Diamond Valley Shopping Center (7).
Churches in Hemet include: Cornerstone Christian Assembly Church (A), Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church (B), Unity Valley Church (C), Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd (D), Valley Evangelical Free Church (E), Hemet Valley Christian Church (F), Hemet United Methodist Church (G), Calvary Baptist Church (H).
Parks in Hemet include: Weston Park (1), Gibbel Park (2), Southwest Park (3).
Post office: (A).
Hemet compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Hemet:
- KSDT (1320 AM; 1 kW; HEMET, CA; Owner: RUDEX BROADCASTING LIMITED)
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
- KFMB (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: MIDWEST TELEVISION, INC.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHPY (1670 AM; 10 kW; MORENO VALLEY, CA; Owner: DELBERT L. VAN VOORHIS)
- KCBQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
- KTNQ (1020 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KTNQ-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KXTA (1150 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KDIS (1110 AM; 50 kW; PASADENA, CA; Owner: ABC,INC.)
- KPRZ (1210 AM; 20 kW; SAN MARCOS, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
- KFWB (980 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KNWQ (1140 AM; 10 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hemet:
- KWRP (96.1 FM; SAN JACINTO, CA; Owner: MAGIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXRS (105.7 FM; HEMET, CA; Owner: LAZER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KPLM-FM2 (106.1 FM; SAN JACINTO, CA; Owner: RM BROADCASTING L.L.C.)
- KLRD (90.1 FM; YUCAIPA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KRTM (88.9 FM; TEMECULA, CA; Owner: PENFOLD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KATY-FM (101.3 FM; IDYLLWILD, CA; Owner: ALL PRO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KUOR-FM (89.1 FM; REDLANDS, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS)
- K201AR (88.1 FM; BANNING, CA; Owner: KSGN, INC.)
- K232CX (94.3 FM; DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KXFG (92.9 FM; SUN CITY, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KWVE (107.9 FM; SAN CLEMENTE, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF COSTA MESA)
- KCXX (103.9 FM; LAKE ARROWHEAD, CA; Owner: ALL-PRO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOLA (99.9 FM; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Owner: INLAND EMPIRE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KVCR (91.9 FM; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Owner: SAN BERNARDINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KUCR (88.3 FM; RIVERSIDE, CA; Owner: THE REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF CA)
- KAEH (100.9 FM; BEAUMONT, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING RIVERSIDE, LLC)
- KGGI (99.1 FM; RIVERSIDE, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KLYY (97.5 FM; RIVERSIDE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K201CD (88.1 FM; VICTORVILLE, CA; Owner: SAN BERNARDINO COMMNTY COLLEGE DIST.)
- K295AI (106.9 FM; MUSCOY, CA; Owner: ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY EDUCATION, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Hemet:
- KHIZ (Channel 64; BARSTOW, CA; Owner: SUNBELT TELEVISION, INC.)
- KHEM-LP (Channel 53; HEMET, CA; Owner: LA VERTA W. AND VICTOR W. PAGE)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.