Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,560. Estimated population in July 2005: 9,707 (+28.4% change)
Males: 3,718 (49.2%), Females: 3,842 (50.8%)
Median resident age: 29.9 years
Median household income: $49,451 (year 2000)
Median house value: $101,600 (year 2000)
Imperial, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Imperial:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (61.1%)
- White Non-Hispanic (32.4%)
- Other race (30.9%)
- Two or more races (4.3%)
- Black (2.7%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Filipino (1.3%)
- Japanese (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (6.6%), Irish (4.9%), English (4.3%), United States (3.2%), Scottish (2.0%), Scotch-Irish (1.2%).California
Elevation: -60 feet
Land area: 3.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Imperial
- High school or higher: 78.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.2%
- Unemployed: 8.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Imperial city
- Never married: 24.6%
- Now married: 58.2%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 4.8%
- Divorced: 9.8%
20.8% Foreign born (19.0% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +3,272 (+76.3%).
County Homes - homes & get email updates Browse local information and links />
Centro California - El Centro? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
Search Bakersfield - pictures, details. No obligation. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: AZ Yuma, (66.5 miles www.TripAdvisor.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Diego, CA San (108.3 miles pop. 1,223,400).
Nearest cities: Centro, CA (3.9 miles El CA (8.3 miles Heber, CA (8.8 miles Seeley, CA (9.6 miles Brawley, CA Calexico, (12.4 miles CA (13.4 miles Holtville, CA (13.9 miles Westmorland, CA (20.0 miles Calipatria,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 50 buildings, average cost: $127,600
- 1997: 54 buildings, average cost: $132,600
- 1998: 81 buildings, average cost: $130,100
- 1999: 90 buildings, average cost: $140,000
- 2000: 79 buildings, average cost: $133,400
- 2001: 98 buildings, average cost: $141,800
- 2002: 192 buildings, average cost: $130,600
- 2003: 196 buildings, average cost: $107,200
- 2004: 68 buildings, average cost: $110,600
Latitude: 32.84 N, Longitude: 115.57 W
Area code: 760
Imperial, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.6%), Public administration (19.8%), Retail trade (11.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -861 (-11.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 631 (21.1%)
Crime in Imperial by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||13.2 |
|Robberies ||2 ||1 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||26.5 ||13.2 ||26.5 |
|Assaults ||9 ||4 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||119.0 ||52.9 ||79.4 |
|Burglaries ||58 ||50 ||50 |
| per 100,000 ||767.2 ||661.4 ||661.4 |
|Thefts ||67 ||58 ||78 |
| per 100,000 ||886.2 ||767.2 ||1031.7 |
|Auto thefts ||1 ||0 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||13.2 ||0.0 ||66.1 |
| ||122.0 ||91.5 ||122.0 |
Average climate in Imperial, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Imperial:
- EL CENTRO REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; EL CENTRO, CA)
- PIONEERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL DISTRICT (about 12 miles; BRAWLEY, CA)
- YUMA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 65 miles; YUMA, AZ)
Political contributions by individuals in Imperial, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Imperial:
- YUMA MCAS/YUMA INTL (about 69 miles; YUMA, AZ; ID: YUM)
- PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL (about 93 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: PSP)
- SAN DIEGO INTL-LINDBERGH FLD (about 112 miles; SAN DIEGO, CA; ID: SAN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Imperial:
- IMPERIAL COUNTY (about 1 miles; IMPERIAL, CA; ID: IPL)
- EL CENTRO NAF (about 7 miles; EL CENTRO, CA; ID: NJK)
- BRAWLEY MUNI (about 11 miles; BRAWLEY, CA; ID: BWC)
College/University in Imperial:
- IMPERIAL VALLEY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 4,006; Location: 380 E. Aten Road; Public; Website: www.imperial.cc.ca.us)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Imperial:
- ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE (about 67 miles; YUMA, AZ; Full-time enrollment: 2,595)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-RIVERSIDE (about 71 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 12,213)
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT (about 83 miles; PALM DESERT, CA; FT enrollment: 3,804)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SAN DIEGO (about 89 miles; LA JOLLA, CA; FT enrollment: 19,582)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SAN MARCOS (about 89 miles; SAN MARCOS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,875)
- CUYAMACA COLLEGE (about 93 miles; EL CAJON, CA; FT enrollment: 3,278)
- GROSSMONT COLLEGE (about 97 miles; EL CAJON, CA; FT enrollment: 9,607)
Public high schools in Imperial:
- IMPERIAL HIGH (Students: 741; Location: 517 W BARIONI BLVD.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- IMPERIAL AVE. HOLBROOK HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 44; Location: 322 N IMPERIAL AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Imperial:
- FAITH ACADEMY (Students: 325; Location: 320 SOUTH J STREET; Grades: KG - 12)
- VALLEY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 16; Location: 2353 LA BRUCHERIE ROAD; Grades: 3 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Imperial:
- HULSE (BEN) ELEMENTARY (Students: 861; Location: 303 S. D ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
- WAGGONER (T.L.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 676; Location: 627 JOSHUA TREE STREET; Grades: KG - 06)
- WRIGHT (FRANK M.) INTERMEDIATE (Students: 474; Location: 515 W. TENTH ST.; Grades: 07 - 08)
Library in Imperial:
- IMPERIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $62,860; Location: 200 W. NINTH ST.; 25,616 books; 214 audio materials; 409 video materials; 35 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Imperial: Imperial Valley Pioneer Museum (A), Imperial Public Library (B), Imperial City Hall (C).
Church in Imperial: Imperial Chamber of Commerce (A).
Parks in Imperial include: Evans Park (1), City Park (2), Irving Park (3), California Mid-Winter Fairgrounds (4), Emerson Park (5).
Post office: (A).
Imperial compared to California state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Imperial:
- KWST (1430 AM; 1 kW; EL CENTRO, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KXO (1230 AM; 1 kW; EL CENTRO, CA; Owner: KXO, INC.)
- KFMB (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: MIDWEST TELEVISION, INC.)
- KICO (1490 AM; 1 kW; CALEXICO, CA; Owner: HANSON BROADCASTING CO. OF CALIFORNIA)
- KROP (1300 AM; 1 kW; BRAWLEY, CA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KCBQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KTNQ (1020 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KTNQ-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KPRZ (1210 AM; 20 kW; SAN MARCOS, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Imperial:
- KMXX (99.3 FM; IMPERIAL, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KGBA (100.1 FM; HOLTVILLE, CA; Owner: THE VOICE OF INTERNATONAL CHRISTIAN EVANGELISM, INC.)
- KUBO (88.7 FM; CALEXICO, CA; Owner: RADIO BILINGUE, INC.)
- KXO-FM (107.5 FM; EL CENTRO, CA; Owner: KXO, INC.)
- KSIQ (96.1 FM; BRAWLEY, CA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KSEH (94.5 FM; BRAWLEY, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KZAL (105.5 FM; DESERT CENTER, CA; Owner: WORLDWIDE MULTI-MEDIA B/C CO.)
- KQVO (97.7 FM; CALEXICO, CA; Owner: HANSON BROADCASTING CO. OF CALIFORNIA)
- KSSB (100.9 FM; CALIPATRIA, CA; Owner: PHILLIP J. PLANK)
TV broadcast stations around Imperial:
- K56GC (Channel 56; EL CENTRO-HOLTVILLE, CA; Owner: INSPIRATION TELEVISION, INC.)
- K36FO (Channel 36; CALEXICO, CA; Owner: BROADCAST GROUP, LTD.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.