Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 49,116. Estimated population in July 2005: 70,542 (+43.6% change)
Males: 24,710 (50.3%), Females: 24,406 (49.7%)
Median resident age: 27.3 years
Median household income: $34,624 (year 2000)
Median house value: $99,000 (year 2000)
Indio, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Indio:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (75.4%)
- Other race (42.0%)
- White Non-Hispanic (19.5%)
- Two or more races (3.9%)
- Black (2.8%)
- American Indian (1.5%)
- Filipino (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (3.8%), English (3.0%), Irish (2.7%), United States (1.9%), French (1.1%), Italian (1.1%).
New! California forum
Elevation: -9 feet
Land area: 26.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Indio
- High school or higher: 55.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Indio city
- Never married: 28.8%
- Now married: 53.8%
- Separated: 3.5%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 8.1%
33.2% Foreign born (31.0% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +10,677 (+27.8%).
Springs Rentals - Homes & Condos Since 1972 View pics, Calendar, Book Online />
Springs - Desert vacation rental 2 Beds, 2. Baths, Pool & Spa />
Hotels - to find great deals? Compare low hotel rates before you book. />
Mirage Real Estate - Search For Homes. Find Your Dream Home in California. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Hemet, (51.6 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Riverside, (81.5 miles pop. 255,166).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Diego, CA San (90.4 miles pop. 1,223,400).
Nearest cities: Dunes, CA Bermuda (4.0 miles CA (4.8 miles Coachella, Quinta, CA La (5.5 miles Wells, CA (7.5 miles Indian Desert, CA Palm (9.5 miles Palms, CA Thousand (12.6 miles Mirage, CA (13.4 miles Rancho CA Mecca, (14.9 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 105 buildings, average cost: $104,500
- 1997: 128 buildings, average cost: $103,600
- 1998: 234 buildings, average cost: $114,800
- 1999: 285 buildings, average cost: $116,300
- 2000: 464 buildings, average cost: $127,200
- 2001: 586 buildings, average cost: $130,700
- 2002: 1085 buildings, average cost: $134,100
- 2003: 1716 buildings, average cost: $135,500
- 2004: 2557 buildings, average cost: $154,200
Latitude: 33.72 N, Longitude: 116.23 W
Area code: 760
Indio, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (18.8%), Educational,health and social services (15.8%), Retail trade (12.1%), Construction (11.9%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,963 (-4.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 5,374 (30.8%)
Crime in Indio by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 |
|Murders ||6 ||8 ||3 ||9 |
| per 100,000 ||12.2 ||16.3 ||6.1 ||18.3 |
|Rapes ||20 ||21 ||11 ||28 |
| per 100,000 ||40.7 ||42.8 ||22.4 ||57.0 |
|Robberies ||92 ||77 ||74 ||117 |
| per 100,000 ||187.3 ||156.8 ||150.7 ||238.2 |
|Assaults ||212 ||243 ||292 ||342 |
| per 100,000 ||431.6 ||494.7 ||594.5 ||696.3 |
|Burglaries ||505 ||565 ||526 ||616 |
| per 100,000 ||1028.2 ||1150.3 ||1070.9 ||1254.2 |
|Thefts ||930 ||830 ||720 ||663 |
| per 100,000 ||1893.5 ||1689.9 ||1465.9 ||1349.9 |
|Auto thefts ||487 ||490 ||582 ||557 |
| per 100,000 ||991.5 ||997.6 ||1184.9 ||1134.1 |
| ||398.1 ||407.3 ||407.6 ||484.4 |
Average climate in Indio, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Jonathan Ingram - 2005 NFL player (Kansas City Chiefs, born: Sep 20, 1980).
Hospital/medical center in Indio:
- JOHN F KENNEDY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, INC (47-111 MONROE ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Indio:
- EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER (about 14 miles; RANCHO MIRAGE, CA)
- DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 24 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA)
- HI-DESERT MEDICAL CENTER (about 32 miles; JOSHUA TREE, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Indio, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Indio:
- PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL (about 20 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: PSP)
- MARCH ARB (about 72 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; ID: RIV)
- SAN BERNARDINO INTERNATIONAL (about 74 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; ID: SBD)
Other public-use airports nearest to Indio:
- BERMUDA DUNES (about 3 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: UDD)
- DESERT RESORTS REGIONAL (about 10 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: TRM)
- HI DESERT (about 30 miles; JOSHUA TREE, CA; ID: L80)
INDIO (45995 MONROE ST.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, call for taxi service.
Local government website:
College/University in Indio:
- CENTER FOR EMPLOYMENT TRAINING-INDIO (Full-time enrollment: 151; Location: 44105 JACKSON ST BLDG A; Private, not-for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Indio:
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT (about 11 miles; PALM DESERT, CA; Full-time enrollment: 3,804)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-RIVERSIDE (about 13 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 12,213)
- MOUNT SAN JACINTO COLLEGE (about 50 miles; SAN JACINTO, CA; FT enrollment: 4,731)
- CRAFTON HILLS COLLEGE (about 60 miles; YUCAIPA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,722)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SAN DIEGO (about 65 miles; LA JOLLA, CA; FT enrollment: 19,582)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SAN MARCOS (about 65 miles; SAN MARCOS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,875)
- UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS (about 69 miles; REDLANDS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,106)
Public high schools in Indio:
- INDIO HIGH (Students: 2,375; Location: 81-750 AVE. 46; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PALM DESERT HIGH (Students: 1,902; Location: 43570 PHYLLIS JACKSON LANE; Grades: 09 - 12)
- AMISTAD HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 459; Location: 44-800 AUTO CENTER DR.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Indio:
- JOHN GLENN MIDDLE SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES (Students: 1,351; Location: 79-655 MILES AVENUE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- INDIO MIDDLE (Students: 1,141; Location: 81-195 MILES AVE.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MADISON (JAMES) ELEMENTARY (Students: 878; Location: 80-845 AVE. 46; Grades: KG - 05)
- JOHNSON (LYNDON B.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 750; Location: 44-640 CLINTON ST.; Grades: KG - 05)
- JEFFERSON (THOMAS) MIDDLE (Students: 726; Location: 83-089 HWY. 111; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ROOSEVELT (THEODORE) ELEMENTARY (Students: 710; Location: 83-200 DR. CARREON BLVD.; Grades: KG - 05)
- FORD (GERALD R.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 696; Location: 44-210 WARNER TRAIL; Grades: KG - 05)
- KENNEDY (JOHN F.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 683; Location: 45-100 CLINTON AVE.; Grades: KG - 05)
- DR. REYNALDO J. CARREON JR. ACADEMY (Students: 658; Location: 47-368 MONROE STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
- MOUNTAIN VISTA ELEMENTARY (Students: 652; Location: 49-750 HJORTH ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Indio:
- OUR LADY-PERPETUAL HELP SCH (Students: 188; Location: 82-470 BLISS AVENUE; Grades: PK - 8)
- TRINITY LUTHERAN (Students: 139; Location: 81 500 MILES AVE; Grades: PK - KG)
- QUADRILLE ACADEMY (Students: 79; Location: 48-395 MADISON ST; Grades: KG - 6)
| || |
Notable locations in Indio: Empire Equestrian Center (A), Empire Polo Club (B), Fiesta Recreational Vehicle Park (C), Rancho Casa Blanca Recreational Vehicle Park (D), Bobs Roundup Recreational Vehicle Park (E), Indian Palms Country Club (F), Indian Springs Golf Club (G), Indian Waters Recreational Vehicle Park (H), Indian Wells Recreational Vehicle Park (I), Indio Municipal Golf Course (J), Desert Air Recreational Vehicle Park (K), Eldorado Polo Club (L), Coachella Valley Museum (M), Indio Branch Riverside County Law Library (N), Indio Amtrak Station (O), Max T McCandless Memorial Branch Riverside Public Library (P).
Shopping Centers: Village Square Shopping Center (1), Tyselling Shopping Center (2), Town and Country Shopping Center (3), Indio Fashion Mall Shopping Center (4), Indio Plaza Shopping Center (5).
Churches in Indio include: Cornerstone Church of Indio (A), Grace Baptist Church (B), Iglesia del Valle (C), Independent Evangelical Church (D), Trinity Baptist Church (E), Indio Christian Center (F), Second Missionary Baptist Church (G), First African Methodist Episcopal Church (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Thousand Palm Canyon Wash (A).
Parks in Indio include: Davis Sports Complex (1), Indio Terrace Park (2), North Jackson Park (3), Miles Park (4), Carreon Park (5), Riverside County Fairgrounds (6), South Jackson Park (7), Desert Park (8).
Post office: (A).
Indio compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Indio:
- KESQ (1400 AM; 1 kW; INDIO, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST CO.)
- KNWZ (970 AM; 5 kW; COACHELLA, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KNWQ (1140 AM; 10 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KCMJ (1270 AM; 5 kW; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KXPS (1010 AM; 4 kW; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KPSI (920 AM; 5 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R & R RADIO CORPORATION)
- KFMB (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: MIDWEST TELEVISION, INC.)
- KCBQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTNQ (1020 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KTNQ-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KXTA (1150 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Indio:
- KCLB-FM (93.7 FM; COACHELLA, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KCRI (89.3 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KJJZ (102.3 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: R M BROADCASTING L.L.C.)
- KUNA-FM (96.7 FM; LA QUINTA, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
- KKUU (92.7 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KPSC (88.5 FM; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
- KYOR (106.9 FM; YUCCA VALLEY, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KLRD (90.1 FM; YUCAIPA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KPLM (106.1 FM; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R M BROADCASTING L.L.C.)
- KATY-FM (101.3 FM; IDYLLWILD, CA; Owner: ALL PRO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRCK-FM (97.7 FM; MECCA, CA; Owner: PLAYA DEL SOL BROADCASTERS)
- K201AR (88.1 FM; BANNING, CA; Owner: KSGN, INC.)
- K232CX (94.3 FM; DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KLOB (94.7 FM; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K280CV (103.9 FM; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- K268AH (101.5 FM; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KEZN (103.1 FM; PALM DESERT, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KLVJ (100.1 FM; JULIAN, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KHCS (91.7 FM; PALM DESERT, CA; Owner: PRAIRIE AVENUE GOSPEL CENTER)
- KMRJ (99.5 FM; RANCHO MIRAGE, CA; Owner: DANIEL P. MITCHELL)
TV broadcast stations around Indio:
- K19DH (Channel 19; INDIO, CA; Owner: DESERT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KESQ-TV (Channel 42; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
- KEVC-CA (Channel 5; INDIO, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K06MB (Channel 6; INDIO, CA; Owner: PARK PLACE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KVER-CA (Channel 4; INDIO, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KYAV-LP (Channel 12; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: JDF INVESTMENT CO. LLC)
- KODG-LP (Channel 17; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: BILTMORE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KVPS-LP (Channel 8; INDIO, CA; Owner: VALCOM BROADCASTING LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.