Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 23,694. Estimated population in July 2005: 38,232 (+61.4% change)
Males: 11,619 (49.0%), Females: 12,075 (51.0%)
Median resident age: 36.4 years
Median household income: $54,552 (year 2000)
Median house value: $174,200 (year 2000)
La Quinta, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in La Quinta:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (62.9%)
- Hispanic (32.0%)
- Other race (13.9%)
- Two or more races (3.5%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Black (1.4%)
- Filipino (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (14.3%), English (12.0%), Irish (10.9%), Italian (6.1%), United States (4.4%), French (3.7%).
New! Quinta, California forum
Land area: 31.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in La Quinta
- High school or higher: 84.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.3%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in La Quinta city
- Never married: 18.1%
- Now married: 64.6%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 9.7%
14.2% Foreign born (10.0% Latin America, 1.9% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +12,105 (+104.5%).
Quinta Real Estate - Estate in La Quinta, PGA West The local guy! Dick McGill />
Quinta Hotels - prices from the top travel engines to find the lowest rate. />
Quinta California - cheap hotels, maps, attractions & tours - Yahoo! Travel />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Hemet, (47.3 miles pop. 58,812).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Riverside, (77.8 miles pop. 255,166).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Diego, CA San (85.1 miles pop. 1,223,400).
Nearest cities: Wells, CA (4.1 miles Indian Dunes, CA Bermuda (4.9 miles CA (5.5 miles Indio, Desert, CA Palm (6.0 miles CA (8.4 miles Coachella, Mirage, CA (10.7 miles Rancho Palms, CA Thousand (11.6 miles City, CA (14.7 miles Cathedral
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 479 buildings, average cost: $169,200
- 1997: 467 buildings, average cost: $161,300
- 1998: 888 buildings, average cost: $182,500
- 1999: 1170 buildings, average cost: $189,900
- 2000: 1293 buildings, average cost: $196,200
- 2001: 916 buildings, average cost: $196,300
- 2002: 657 buildings, average cost: $199,500
- 2003: 1116 buildings, average cost: $194,700
- 2004: 1392 buildings, average cost: $207,800
Latitude: 33.68 N, Longitude: 116.30 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 760
La Quinta, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (19.6%), Educational,health and social services (17.0%), Retail trade (11.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,885 (-8.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,297 (22.6%)
Crime in La Quinta by Year
|Type ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 |
|Murders ||3 ||1 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||12.7 ||4.2 ||8.4 |
|Rapes ||7 ||6 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||29.5 ||25.3 ||12.7 |
|Robberies ||14 ||10 ||17 |
| per 100,000 ||59.1 ||42.2 ||71.7 |
|Assaults ||80 ||80 ||90 |
| per 100,000 ||337.6 ||337.6 ||379.8 |
|Burglaries ||303 ||401 ||349 |
| per 100,000 ||1278.8 ||1692.4 ||1472.9 |
|Thefts ||536 ||800 ||798 |
| per 100,000 ||2262.2 ||3376.4 ||3367.9 |
|Auto thefts ||91 ||133 ||121 |
| per 100,000 ||384.1 ||561.3 ||510.7 |
| ||320.5 ||393.0 ||389.7 |
Average climate in La Quinta, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near La Quinta:
- JOHN F KENNEDY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, INC (about 6 miles; INDIO, CA)
- EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER (about 11 miles; RANCHO MIRAGE, CA)
- DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 21 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in La Quinta, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to La Quinta:
- PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL (about 18 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: PSP)
- MARCH ARB (about 68 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; ID: RIV)
- SAN BERNARDINO INTERNATIONAL (about 71 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; ID: SBD)
Other public-use airports nearest to La Quinta:
- BERMUDA DUNES (about 5 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: UDD)
- DESERT RESORTS REGIONAL (about 11 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: TRM)
- BORREGO VALLEY (about 30 miles; BORREGO SPRINGS, CA; ID: L08)
Amtrak stations near La Quinta:
- 6 miles: INDIO (45995 MONROE ST.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, call for taxi service.
- 8 miles: PALM DESERT (MONTEREY AVE. & SAN GORGONIO WAY) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Other and Unallocable ||19 ||$71,180 ||$44,955 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||8 ||$19,302 ||$28,953 ||4 ||$4,789 |
|Streets and Highways ||17 ||$68,776 ||$48,547 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||26 ||$115,843 ||$53,466 ||0 ||$0 |
|Financial Administration ||7 ||$31,919 ||$54,718 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||77 ||$307,020 ||$47,847 ||4 ||$4,789 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to La Quinta:
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT (about 7 miles; PALM DESERT, CA; Full-time enrollment: 3,804)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-RIVERSIDE (about 18 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 12,213)
- MOUNT SAN JACINTO COLLEGE (about 46 miles; SAN JACINTO, CA; FT enrollment: 4,731)
- CRAFTON HILLS COLLEGE (about 57 miles; YUCAIPA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,722)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SAN DIEGO (about 60 miles; LA JOLLA, CA; FT enrollment: 19,582)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SAN MARCOS (about 60 miles; SAN MARCOS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,875)
- UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS (about 66 miles; REDLANDS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,106)
Public high school in La Quinta:
- LA QUINTA HIGH (Students: 2,537; Location: 79-255 WESTWARD HO DR.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in La Quinta:
- TRUMAN (HARRY S.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 1,130; Location: 78-870 AVE. 50; Grades: KG - 05)
- LA QUINTA MIDDLE (Students: 920; Location: 78-900 AVE. , NO. 50; Grades: 06 - 08)
- JOHN ADAMS ELEMENTARY (Students: 874; Location: 50-800 DESERT CLUB DR.; Grades: KG - 05)
- AMELIA EARHART ELMENTARY SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL S (Students: 857; Location: 45-250 DUNE PALMS ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
- HORIZON SCHOOL (Students: 473; Location: 47-950 DUNE PALMS RD.; Grades: KG - 12)
Private primary/middle school in La Quinta:
- LA QUINTA CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP (Students: 25; Location: PO BOX 676/50-800 CALLE PALOMA; Grades: KG - 8)
| || |
Notable locations in La Quinta: Arnold Palmer Golf Course (A), Professional Golfers Association West Golf Course (B), Pete Dye Resort Golf Course (C), Palm Royale Country Club (D), La Quinta Citrus Golf Course (E), La Quinta Dunes Golf Course (F), La Quinta Mountain Golf Course (G), The Pyramids Club (H), TPC Stadium Golf Course (I), Jack Nicklaus Private Golf Course (J), Jack Nicklaus Resort Golf Course (K), La Quinta Branch Riverside City and County Public Library (L), La Quinta City Hall (M).
Shopping Center: One Eleven La Quinta Shopping Center (1).
Reservoir: Lake Cahuilla (A).
Creek: Bear Creek (A).
Parks in La Quinta include: La Quinta Community Park (1), Lake Cahuilla County Park (2), Lake Cahuilla Park (3), Fritz Burns Park (4).
Post office: (A).
La Quinta compared to California state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in La Quinta:
- KNWZ (970 AM; 5 kW; COACHELLA, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KESQ (1400 AM; 1 kW; INDIO, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST CO.)
- KNWQ (1140 AM; 10 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KCMJ (1270 AM; 5 kW; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KXPS (1010 AM; 4 kW; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KPSI (920 AM; 5 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R & R RADIO CORPORATION)
- KFMB (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: MIDWEST TELEVISION, INC.)
- KCBQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWXY (1340 AM; 1 kW; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: GLEN BARNETT, INC.)
- KTNQ (1020 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KTNQ-AM LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in La Quinta:
- KCLB-FM (93.7 FM; COACHELLA, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KCRI (89.3 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KJJZ (102.3 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: R M BROADCASTING L.L.C.)
- KUNA-FM (96.7 FM; LA QUINTA, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
- KATY-FM (101.3 FM; IDYLLWILD, CA; Owner: ALL PRO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLRD (90.1 FM; YUCAIPA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KKUU (92.7 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KPSC (88.5 FM; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
- K201AR (88.1 FM; BANNING, CA; Owner: KSGN, INC.)
- K232CX (94.3 FM; DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KYOR (106.9 FM; YUCCA VALLEY, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KLOB (94.7 FM; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KLVJ (100.1 FM; JULIAN, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K280CV (103.9 FM; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KEZN (103.1 FM; PALM DESERT, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KHCS (91.7 FM; PALM DESERT, CA; Owner: PRAIRIE AVENUE GOSPEL CENTER)
- KMRJ (99.5 FM; RANCHO MIRAGE, CA; Owner: DANIEL P. MITCHELL)
- KDES-FM (104.7 FM; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R & R RADIO CORPORATION)
- KRTM (88.9 FM; TEMECULA, CA; Owner: PENFOLD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KWXY-FM (98.5 FM; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: GLEN BARNETT, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around La Quinta:
- KESQ-TV (Channel 42; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
- KYAV-LP (Channel 12; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: JDF INVESTMENT CO. LLC)
- K19DH (Channel 19; INDIO, CA; Owner: DESERT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KVPS-LP (Channel 8; INDIO, CA; Owner: VALCOM BROADCASTING LLC)
- KEVC-CA (Channel 5; INDIO, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KMIR-TV (Channel 36; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- K06MB (Channel 6; INDIO, CA; Owner: PARK PLACE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KVER-CA (Channel 4; INDIO, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.