Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 58,707
Males: 28,863 (49.2%), Females: 29,844 (50.8%)
Median resident age: 35.1 years
Median household income: $67,967 (year 2000)
Median house value: $278,000 (year 2000)
Lake Forest, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Lake Forest:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (66.7%)
- Hispanic (18.6%)
- Other race (7.5%)
- Two or more races (4.2%)
- Vietnamese (2.4%)
- Filipino (2.2%)
- Black (1.8%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Chinese (1.2%)
- Korean (1.1%)
- Asian Indian (1.1%)
- Japanese (1.0%)
- Other Asian (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (17.6%), English (12.3%), Irish (11.3%), Italian (7.6%), United States (3.7%), French (3.5%).
New! Forest, California forum
Land area: 12.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lake Forest
- High school or higher: 88.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 33.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.8%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lake Forest city
- Never married: 26.1%
- Now married: 57.9%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 4.7%
- Divorced: 9.7%
21.2% Foreign born (9.1% Latin America, 8.7% Asia).
Homes For Sale - Search For Homes. Find Your Dream Home in California. />
Viejo Real Estate - Estate and homes for sale in Mission Viejo and Orange County. />
Viejo Hotel - 70% on Mission Viejo Hotel See Photos, Reviews & Maps! />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Ana, CA Santa (14.8 miles pop. 337,977).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (56.2 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Hills, CA (3.0 miles Laguna Viejo, CA (3.1 miles Mission Woods, CA (3.7 miles Laguna Ranch, CA Foothill (3.7 miles Hills, CA Portola (4.9 miles Viejo, CA Aliso (5.2 miles Flores, CA (5.8 miles Las Santa Margarita, CA Rancho (6.6 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 1 building, cost: $121,200
- 1997: 0 buildings
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $290,800
- 1999: 33 buildings, average cost: $313,700
- 2000: 0 buildings
- 2001: 0 buildings
- 2002: 0 buildings
- 2003: 0 buildings
- 2004: 0 buildings
Latitude: 33.64 N, Longitude: 117.69 W
Lake Forest, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (14.9%), Manufacturing (14.7%), Retail trade (13.6%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (12.8%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (11.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -8,570 (-14.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 4,790 (15.6%)
Crime in Lake Forest (2000):
- 2 murders (3.4 per 100,000)
- 9 rapes (15.2 per 100,000)
- 35 robberies (59.2 per 100,000)
- 84 assaults (142.1 per 100,000)
- 194 burglaries (328.2 per 100,000)
- 765 thefts (1294.4 per 100,000)
- 107 auto thefts (181.0 per 100,000) crime index = 145.9 (higher means more crime, US average = 328.1)
Average climate in Lake Forest, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lake Forest-area historical tornado activity is significantly above California state average. It is 78% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/7/1966, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 15.8 miles away from the Lake Forest city center caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
On 11/9/1982, a category 2 tornado 29.7 miles away from the city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Kelvin Kim - College basketball player (UCLA Bruins).
Main business address for: LIQUIDMETAL TECHNOLOGIES INC (CHEMICALS & ALLIED PRODUCTS), APRIA HEALTHCARE GROUP INC (SERVICES-HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES), I FLOW CORP /DE/ (SURGICAL & MEDICAL INSTRUMENTS & APPARATUS), SPARTA INC /DE (SERVICES-ENGINEERING SERVICES), WESTERN DIGITAL CORP (COMPUTER STORAGE DEVICES), MAI SYSTEMS CORP (SERVICES-COMPUTER INTEGRATED SYSTEMS DESIGN), INSIGHT HEALTH SERVICES HOLDINGS CORP (SERVICES-MEDICAL LABORATORIES).
Hospitals/medical centers near Lake Forest:
- CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL AT MISSION (about 3 miles; MISSION VIEJO, CA)
- MISSION HOSPITAL REGIONAL MED CENTER (about 3 miles; MISSION VIEJO, CA)
- SADDLEBACK MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; LAGUNA HILLS, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Lake Forest, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lake Forest:
- JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT-ORANGE COUNTY (about 13 miles; SANTA ANA, CA; ID: SNA)
- LOS ALAMITOS AAF (about 27 miles; LOS ALAMITOS, CA; ID: SLI)
- ONTARIO INTL (about 29 miles; ONTARIO, CA; ID: ONT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lake Forest:
- CORONA MUNI (about 18 miles; CORONA, CA; ID: AJO)
- CHINO (about 23 miles; CHINO, CA; ID: CNO)
- FULLERTON MUNI (about 25 miles; FULLERTON, CA; ID: FUL)
Amtrak stations near Lake Forest:
- 6 miles: IRVINE (15215 BARRANCA PKWY.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 10 miles: LAGUNA BEACH (TRANSIT DEPOT, BROADWAY BTW. BEACH & FOR) - Bus Station
- 10 miles: SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO (LEE HALL, MONTEREY AVE. & SAN GORGONIO WAY). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Colleges/Universities in Lake Forest:
- COMPUTER EDUCATION INSTITUTE (Full-time enrollment: 506; Location: 24551 RAYMOND WAY STE 155; Private, for-profit; Website: www.computer-education.com)
- ELEGANTE BEAUTY COLLEGE (FT enrollment: 20; Location: 23635 EL TORO RD STE K; Private, for-profit; Website: www.elegantebc.f2s.com)
- LAKE FOREST BEAUTY COLLEGE (FT enrollment: 17; Location: 23600 ROCKFIELD BLVD STE 3C; Private, for-profit)
- EXACTA SCHOOLS (Location: 22691 LAMBERT ST STE 504; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lake Forest:
- IRVINE VALLEY COLLEGE (about 4 miles; IRVINE, CA; Full-time enrollment: 4,777)
- SADDLEBACK COLLEGE (about 4 miles; MISSION VIEJO, CA; FT enrollment: 9,777)
- ORANGE COAST COLLEGE (about 6 miles; COSTA MESA, CA; FT enrollment: 13,224)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-FULLERTON (about 6 miles; FULLERTON, CA; FT enrollment: 22,345)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-IRVINE (about 6 miles; IRVINE, CA; FT enrollment: 19,533)
- SANTIAGO CANYON COLLEGE (about 13 miles; ORANGE, CA; FT enrollment: 4,442)
- CHAPMAN UNIVERSITY-ACADEMIC CENTERS (about 15 miles; ORANGE, CA; FT enrollment: 4,088)
Public high school in Lake Forest:
- EL TORO HIGH (Students: 2,570; Location: 25255 TOLEDO WAY; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Lake Forest:
- SERRANO INTERMEDIATE (Students: 1,502; Location: 24642 JERONIMO ROAD; Grades: 07 - 08)
- LAKE FOREST ELEMENTARY (Students: 899; Location: 21801 PITTSFORD DR.; Grades: KG - 06)
- GATES (RALPH A.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 826; Location: 23882 LANDISVIEW AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- LA MADERA ELEMENTARY (Students: 786; Location: 25350 SERRANO ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- RANCHO CANADA ELEMENTARY (Students: 786; Location: 21801 WINDING WAY; Grades: KG - 06)
- OLIVEWOOD ELEMENTARY (Students: 567; Location: 23391 DUNE MEAR ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- SANTIAGO ELEMENTARY (Students: 491; Location: 24982 RIVENDELL DR.; Grades: KG - 06)
- ALISO ELEMENTARY (Students: 487; Location: 22882 LOUMONT DR.; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Lake Forest:
- ABIDING SAVIOR LUTHERAN SCHOOL (Students: 458; Location: 23262 EL TORO ROAD; Grades: PK - 8)
- WOODCREST PRESCHOOL (Students: 296; Location: 21772 LAKE FOREST DR; Grades: PK - 3)
- MONTESSORI ON THE LAKE (Students: 207; Location: 23311 MUIRLANDS; Grades: KG - 8)
- LAKE FOREST MONTESSORI SCHOOL (Students: 120; Location: 25435 TRABUCO ROAD NO. C-5; Grades: PK - KG)
- EL TORO BAPTIST CHRISTIAN SCHO (Students: 106; Location: 23302 EL TORO RD; Grades: PK - 6)
- CHILDRENS SCHOOL HOUSE (Students: 39; Location: 24601 RAYMOND WAY 8; Grades: PK - KG)
| || |
Notable locations in Lake Forest: El Toro Game Bird Club (A), El Toro Branch Orange County Public Library (B).
Shopping Centers: Lake Forest Village Shopping Center (1), Saddleback Valley Plaza Shopping Center (2), Plaza El Toro Shopping Center (3).
Cemeteries: El Toro Cemetery (1), Ascension Cemetery (2).
Parks in Lake Forest include: Lake Forest Park (1), Heritage Hill Historical Park (2), Serrano Creek Community Park (3), Rimgate Park (4), Mountain View Park (5), Ranchwood Park (6), El Toro Community Park (7).
Lake Forest compared to California state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lake Forest:
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KTNQ (1020 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KTNQ-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KXTA (1150 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KDIS (1110 AM; 50 kW; PASADENA, CA; Owner: ABC,INC.)
- KFWB (980 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KNX (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KMPC (1540 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KBLA (1580 AM; 50 kW; SANTA MONICA, CA)
- KFMB (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: MIDWEST TELEVISION, INC.)
- KVNR (1480 AM; 5 kW; SANTA ANA, CA; Owner: LBI RADIO LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lake Forest:
- KWVE (107.9 FM; SAN CLEMENTE, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF COSTA MESA)
- KSBR (88.5 FM; MISSION VIEJO, CA; Owner: SADDLEBACK COMMUNITY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KRTM (88.9 FM; TEMECULA, CA; Owner: PENFOLD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KDLE (103.1 FM; NEWPORT BEACH, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC.)
- KCBS-FM (93.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KSCA (101.9 FM; GLENDALE, CA; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KLOS (95.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KLOS-FM RADIO, INC.)
- K212FA (90.3 FM; TEMPLE CITY, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KOST (103.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KLVE (107.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KLVE-FM LICENSE CORP.)
- KIIS-FM (102.7 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- K264AF (100.7 FM; GUASTI, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KZLA-FM (93.9 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KPCC (89.3 FM; PASADENA, CA; Owner: PASADENA AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KHHT (92.3 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KBIG-FM (104.3 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KUOR-FM (89.1 FM; REDLANDS, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS)
- KMZT-FM (105.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: MOUNT WILSON FM BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KPFK (90.7 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC)
- KPWR (105.9 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Lake Forest:
- KTRO-LP (Channel 50; LANCASTER, CA; Owner: ROBERT D. ADELMAN)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.