Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,229. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,128 (+14.4% change)
Males: 2,974 (47.7%), Females: 3,255 (52.3%)
Median resident age: 30.5 years
Median household income: $25,754 (year 2000)
Median house value: $85,700 (year 2000)
Live Oak, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Live Oak:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (48.6%)
- White Non-Hispanic (36.9%)
- Other race (32.6%)
- Asian Indian (7.8%)
- Two or more races (4.5%)
- American Indian (2.7%)
- Black (1.6%)
- Other Asian (1.4%)
Ancestries: Irish (5.6%), United States (4.8%), German (3.9%), English (3.9%), French (2.6%), Italian (1.1%).
New! Oak, California forum
Land area: 1.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Live Oak
- High school or higher: 50.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.9%
- Unemployed: 21.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Live Oak city
- Never married: 23.1%
- Now married: 58.5%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 8.6%
33.5% Foreign born (24.1% Latin America, 8.8% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,771 (+39.7%).
Thailand - Work-Ready Offices. Cost-Effective & Flexible Solution. />
Building for Sale - 1000's of apartment buildings and complexes for sale. />
- world class business park on the U.S. Mexican border />
Real Estate - / Sell / Lease commercial property in North Florida />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Chico, (34.3 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Sacramento, (51.5 miles www.LoopNet.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (423.9 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: CA Gridley, (6.6 miles Buena, CA (8.7 miles Tierra CA (9.8 miles Sutter, City, CA Yuba (10.0 miles CA Marysville, (10.1 miles CA (10.2 miles Biggs, Yuba City, CA (11.3 miles South CA (12.4 miles Linda,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 9 buildings, average cost: $70,200
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $73,200
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $73,200
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $73,200
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $73,200
- 2001: 20 buildings, average cost: $89,500
- 2002: 21 buildings, average cost: $89,500
- 2003: 21 buildings, average cost: $105,900
- 2004: 209 buildings, average cost: $173,000
Latitude: 39.27 N, Longitude: 121.66 W
Area code: 530
Live Oak, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Agriculture,forestry,fishing and hunting, and mining (23.2%), Manufacturing (15.2%), Educational,health and social services (11.9%), Retail trade (10.5%).
Average climate in Live Oak, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Live Oak:
- BIGGS GRIDLEY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; EAST GRIDLEY, CA)
- FREMONT MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; YUBA CITY, CA)
- RIDEOUT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Live Oak, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Live Oak:
- BEALE AFB (about 19 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; ID: BAB)
- CHICO MUNI (about 38 miles; CHICO, CA; ID: CIC)
- SACRAMENTO INTERNATIONAL (about 41 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; ID: SMF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Live Oak:
- SUTTER COUNTY (about 12 miles; YUBA CITY, CA; ID: O52)
- OROVILLE MUNI (about 15 miles; OROVILLE, CA; ID: OVE)
- YUBA COUNTY (about 15 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; ID: MYV)
Amtrak stations near Live Oak:
- 11 miles: MARYSVILLE (6TH & A STS.) - Bus Station
- 19 miles: OROVILLE (GRANDE AVE. AT STATE HWY. 70) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Financial Administration ||3 ||$10,209 ||$40,836 ||3 ||$2,329 |
|Other Government Administration ||3 ||$13,397 ||$53,588 ||6 ||$1,895 |
|Streets and Highways ||2 ||$6,410 ||$38,460 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||2 ||$7,694 ||$46,164 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||0 ||$0 || ||2 ||$2,495 |
|Water Supply ||2 ||$5,327 ||$31,962 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||12 ||$43,036 ||$43,036 ||11 ||$6,719 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Live Oak:
- YUBA COLLEGE (about 12 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,593)
- BUTTE COLLEGE (about 21 miles; Oroville, CA; FT enrollment: 7,061)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-CHICO (about 33 miles; CHICO, CA; FT enrollment: 14,658)
- SIERRA COLLEGE (about 45 miles; ROCKLIN, CA; FT enrollment: 9,313)
- AMERICAN RIVER COLLEGE (about 48 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; FT enrollment: 13,984)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-DAVIS (about 51 miles; DAVIS, CA; FT enrollment: 24,405)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SACRAMENTO (about 51 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; FT enrollment: 20,830)
Public high schools in Live Oak:
- LIVE OAK HIGH (Students: 509; Location: 2351 PENINGTON ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- VALLEY OAK CONTINUATION HIGH (Students: 26; Location: 2207 PENNINGTON ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Live Oak:
- LUTHER ELEMENTARY (Students: 673; Location: 10123 CONNECTICUT AVE.; Grades: KG - 04)
- LIVE OAK MIDDLE (Students: 553; Location: 2082 PENNINGTON ROAD; Grades: 05 - 08)
- NUESTRO ELEMENTARY (Students: 112; Location: 3934 BROADWAY ROAD; Grades: KG - 08)
- ENCINAL ELEMENTARY (Students: 85; Location: 6484 LARKIN ROAD; Grades: KG - 08)
- LIVE OAK ALTERNATIVE (Students: 31; Location: 2207 PENNINGTON ROAD; Grades: KG - 12)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Your map is incorrect, it shows the city Live Oak which is nowhere near Santa Cruz. The Live Oak 3.2 miles from the City of Santa Cruz is an unincorporated part of Santa Cruz County, not a city. We are located near Twin Lakes, for which you do have the correct map listed.
| || |
Notable locations in Live Oak: Leo Chesney Correctional Center (A), Barber Branch Sutter County Free Library (B).
Church in Live Oak: Church of the Nazarene (A).
Park in Live Oak: Live Oak Memorial Park (1).
Post office: (A).
Live Oak compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Live Oak:
- KFBK (1530 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KMYC (1410 AM; 5 kW; MARYSVILLE, CA; Owner: THOMAS F. HUTH)
- KFIA (710 AM; 25 kW; CARMICHAEL, CA; Owner: VISTA BROADCASTING INC.)
- KUBA (1600 AM; 5 kW; YUBA CITY, CA; Owner: HARLAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSTE (650 AM; 25 kW; RANCHO CORDOVA, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KOBO (1450 AM; 1 kW; YUBA CITY, CA; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING INC)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KPAY (1290 AM; 5 kW; CHICO, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Live Oak:
- KRCX-FM (99.9 FM; MARYSVILLE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KMJE (101.5 FM; GRIDLEY, CA; Owner: RESULTS RADIO LICENSEE, LLC)
- K213BZ (90.5 FM; RICHVALE, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- K258AQ (99.5 FM; YANKEE HILL, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KKCY (103.1 FM; COLUSA, CA; Owner: RESULTS RADIO LICENSEE, LLC)
- KYIX (104.9 FM; SOUTH OROVILLE, CA; Owner: BUTTE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KXCL (103.9 FM; YUBA CITY, CA; Owner: HARLAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KHAP (89.1 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KHHZ (97.7 FM; OROVILLE, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KHGQ (100.3 FM; QUINCY, CA; Owner: KEILY MILLER)
- KLVC (88.3 FM; MAGALIA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K216CF (91.1 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: YOUR CHRISTIAN COMPANION NETWORK, INC.)
- KZAP (96.7 FM; PARADISE, CA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF CHICO, INC.)
- KHSL-FM (103.5 FM; PARADISE, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCHO (91.7 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: UNIV. FOUNDATION/CA. ST. UNIV. CHICO)
- KMXI (95.1 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- K284AG (104.7 FM; WOODLAND, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KFMF (93.9 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF CHICO, INC)
TV broadcast stations around Live Oak:
- KEZT-CA (Channel 23; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: TELEFUTURA SACRAMENTO LLC)
- KMMK-LP (Channel 14; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: CABALLERO TELEVISION TEXAS, L.L.C.)
- K15CX (Channel 15; OROVILLE, CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.