Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,569
Males: 5,134 (48.6%), Females: 5,435 (51.4%)
Median resident age: 46.6 years
Median household income: $32,337 (year 2000)
Median house value: $126,100 (year 2000)
Magalia, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Magalia:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.9%)
- Hispanic (4.9%)
- Two or more races (2.6%)
- American Indian (2.5%)
- Other race (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (21.2%), English (17.4%), Irish (14.8%), United States (7.4%), French (7.0%), Italian (5.6%).
New! California forum
Elevation: 2400 feet
Land area: 14.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Magalia
- High school or higher: 85.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.5%
- Unemployed: 11.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Magalia CDP
- Never married: 15.8%
- Now married: 62.3%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 8.5%
- Divorced: 11.8%
2.6% Foreign born (1.1% Europe, 0.8% North America, 0.5% Latin America).
Valley Real Estate - Spot To Find It! It Is All Here. />
Valley Real Estate - Real Estate Listings Search. View Properties in California. />
and apartments - apartments, comfort intimacy down town Bucharest />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Chico, (17.0 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Sacramento, (88.3 miles pop. 407,018).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (454.7 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: CA Paradise, (4.5 miles CA (8.7 miles Concow, CA Chico, (17.0 miles CA Durham, (18.5 miles Storrie, CA (20.3 miles) , Tobin, CA (21.9 miles) , CA Oroville, (22.2 miles CA Thermalito, (22.6 miles
Latitude: 39.83 N, Longitude: 121.60 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 530
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (28.7%), Retail trade (11.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,471 (-23.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 440 (13.5%)
Average climate in Magalia, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Magalia:
- FEATHER RIVER HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; PARADISE, CA)
- ENLOE MEDICAL CENTER (about 18 miles; CHICO, CA)
- OROVILLE HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; OROVILLE, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Magalia, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Magalia:
- CHICO MUNI (about 18 miles; CHICO, CA; ID: CIC)
- BEALE AFB (about 50 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; ID: BAB)
- REDDING MUNI (about 66 miles; REDDING, CA; ID: RDD)
Other public-use airports nearest to Magalia:
- PARADISE SKYPARK (about 9 miles; PARADISE, CA; ID: Q88)
- RANCHAERO (about 20 miles; CHICO, CA; ID: O23)
- LAKE OROVILLE LANDING AREA (about 22 miles; OROVILLE, CA; ID: O06)
Amtrak station near Magalia:
- 19 miles: CHICO (W. 5TH & ORANGE STS.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Magalia:
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-CHICO (about 16 miles; CHICO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 14,658)
- BUTTE COLLEGE (about 19 miles; Oroville, CA; FT enrollment: 7,061)
- YUBA COLLEGE (about 47 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; FT enrollment: 5,593)
- SIERRA COLLEGE (about 76 miles; ROCKLIN, CA; FT enrollment: 9,313)
- SHASTA COLLEGE (about 79 miles; REDDING, CA; FT enrollment: 5,251)
- AMERICAN RIVER COLLEGE (about 83 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; FT enrollment: 13,984)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SACRAMENTO (about 88 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; FT enrollment: 20,830)
Public high school in Magalia:
- RIDGEVIEW HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 132; Location: 13665 SKYWAY; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Magalia:
- PINES ACADEMY (Students: 17; Location: 14098 SKYWAY; Grades: 6 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Magalia:
- MOUNTAIN RIDGE MIDDLE (Students: 348; Location: 13835 WEST PARK DR.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- PINES ELEMENTARY (Students: 301; Location: 13878 COMPTON DR.; Grades: KG - 08)
- CEDARWOOD ELEMENTARY (Students: 291; Location: 6400 COLUMBINE ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
| || |
Notable location: Magalia Camp (A).
Churches in Magalia include: Historic Pioneer Church (A), Magalia Community Church (B).
Creek: Middle Butte Creek (A).
Post office: (A).
Magalia compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Magalia:
- KPAY (1290 AM; 5 kW; CHICO, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKXX (930 AM; 1 kW; PARADISE, CA; Owner: BUTTE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KFBK (1530 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFIA (710 AM; 25 kW; CARMICHAEL, CA; Owner: VISTA BROADCASTING INC.)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KSTE (650 AM; 25 kW; RANCHO CORDOVA, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KTCT (1050 AM; 50 kW; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Magalia:
- KLRS (92.7 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: RESULTS RADIO LICENSEE, LLC)
- KZFR (90.1 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: GOLDEN VALLEY COMMUNITY BROADCASTERS)
- K216CF (91.1 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: YOUR CHRISTIAN COMPANION NETWORK, INC.)
- KLVC (88.3 FM; MAGALIA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KZAP (96.7 FM; PARADISE, CA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF CHICO, INC.)
- KHSL-FM (103.5 FM; PARADISE, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCHO (91.7 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: UNIV. FOUNDATION/CA. ST. UNIV. CHICO)
- KMXI (95.1 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KFMF (93.9 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF CHICO, INC)
- KHAP (89.1 FM; CHICO, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KYIX (104.9 FM; SOUTH OROVILLE, CA; Owner: BUTTE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- K258AQ (99.5 FM; YANKEE HILL, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KHHZ (97.7 FM; OROVILLE, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- K205EJ (88.9 FM; CHESTER, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KHGQ (100.3 FM; QUINCY, CA; Owner: KEILY MILLER)
- KTOR (99.7 FM; WESTWOOD, CA; Owner: SIERRA RADIO, INC.)
- KBNF (98.9 FM; CHESTER, CA; Owner: CAROUSEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRCX-FM (99.9 FM; MARYSVILLE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K209AY (89.7 FM; CHESTER, CA; Owner: THE UNIV. FOUND. CA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KRDG (105.3 FM; SHINGLETOWN, CA; Owner: REGENT LICENSEE OF REDDING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Magalia:
- KCVU (Channel 30; PARADISE, CA; Owner: SAINTE PARTNERS II, L.P.)
- K53FT (Channel 53; CHICO, CA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K02OA (Channel 2; CHICO, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- K05EM (Channel 5; PARADISE, CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KHSL-TV (Channel 12; CHICO, CA; Owner: CATAMOUNT BROADCASTING OF CHICO-REDDING, INC.)
- KKPM-CA (Channel 28; CHICO, CA; Owner: PAUL STRIEBY & MATT TUTER)
- KZVU-LP (Channel 22; CHICO, CA; Owner: SAINTE PARTNERS II, L.P.)
- K18AO (Channel 18; OROVILLE/PARADISE, CA; Owner: CHICO LICENSE, L.L.C.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.