Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 33,556. Estimated population in July 2005: 34,852 (+3.9% change)
Males: 16,655 (49.6%), Females: 16,901 (50.4%)
Santa Clara County
Median resident age: 34.0 years
Median household income: $81,958 (year 2000)
Median house value: $435,200 (year 2000)
Morgan Hill, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Morgan Hill:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (61.3%)
- Hispanic (27.5%)
- Other race (13.4%)
- Two or more races (5.1%)
- American Indian (2.1%)
- Black (1.7%)
- Chinese (1.4%)
- Filipino (1.1%)
- Japanese (1.1%)
- Asian Indian (1.0%)
- Vietnamese (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (15.4%), Irish (10.3%), English (9.8%), Italian (9.2%), United States (4.2%), French (3.1%).
New! Hill, California forum
Elevation: 350 feet
Land area: 11.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Morgan Hill
- High school or higher: 86.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 33.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.1%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 33.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Morgan Hill city
- Never married: 23.5%
- Now married: 61.5%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 3.5%
- Divorced: 9.9%
15.2% Foreign born (7.9% Latin America, 3.8% Asia, 2.3% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +9,231 (+37.9%).
with Rent.com - Dallas TX apartments Report your lease and get $100. />
Clara Hotels - Hotel Rates & Availability. Read Real Reviews & Book Online! />
Clara Hotel - 70% on Santa Clara Hotel See Photos, Reviews & Maps! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jose, CA San (20.0 miles pop. 894,943).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (307.6 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Martin, CA (4.0 miles San CA Gilroy, (9.0 miles CA (13.7 miles Interlaken, CA (14.4 miles Corralitos, CA (15.0 miles Amesti, CA (16.3 miles Freedom, CA (16.5 miles Watsonville, CA Aromas, (16.6 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 294 buildings, average cost: $195,300
- 1997: 191 buildings, average cost: $192,400
- 1998: 317 buildings, average cost: $207,600
- 1999: 252 buildings, average cost: $227,100
- 2000: 167 buildings, average cost: $239,400
- 2001: 103 buildings, average cost: $264,900
- 2002: 155 buildings, average cost: $304,600
- 2003: 239 buildings, average cost: $302,000
- 2004: 200 buildings, average cost: $317,500
Latitude: 37.13 N, Longitude: 121.64 W
Area code: 408
Morgan Hill, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (21.2%), Educational,health and social services (15.3%), Retail trade (11.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,095 (-9.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,735 (23.4%)
Crime in Morgan Hill by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||3.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||9 ||6 ||13 ||8 ||7 ||8 |
| per 100,000 ||26.8 ||17.9 ||38.7 ||23.8 ||20.9 ||23.8 |
|Robberies ||20 ||16 ||22 ||18 ||18 ||19 |
| per 100,000 ||59.6 ||47.7 ||65.6 ||53.6 ||53.6 ||56.6 |
|Assaults ||26 ||35 ||41 ||49 ||38 ||23 |
| per 100,000 ||77.5 ||104.3 ||122.2 ||146.0 ||113.2 ||68.5 |
|Burglaries ||131 ||151 ||128 ||178 ||198 ||180 |
| per 100,000 ||390.4 ||450.0 ||381.5 ||530.5 ||590.1 ||536.4 |
|Thefts ||775 ||783 ||621 ||705 ||806 ||685 |
| per 100,000 ||2309.6 ||2333.4 ||1850.6 ||2101.0 ||2402.0 ||2041.4 |
|Auto thefts ||81 ||68 ||52 ||76 ||98 ||84 |
| per 100,000 ||241.4 ||202.6 ||155.0 ||226.5 ||292.0 ||250.3 |
| ||183.1 ||183.4 ||172.7 ||197.1 ||207.8 ||179.5 |
Average climate in Morgan Hill, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Ryan Neufeld - 2005 NFL player (Buffalo Bills, born: Nov 22, 1975), Drew Pearson - College basketball player (Pacific Tigers).
Main business address for: CASTELLE \CA\ (COMPUTER PERIPHERAL EQUIPMENT, NEC), FRESH CHOICE INC (RETAIL-EATING PLACES).
Hospitals/medical centers near Morgan Hill:
- SAINT LOUISE HOSPITAL & HEALTH CENTER (about 10 miles; GILROY, CA)
- SANTA TERESA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; SAN JOSE, CA)
- WATSONVILLE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; WATSONVILLE, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Morgan Hill, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Morgan Hill:
- NORMAN Y. MINETA SAN JOSE INTERNATIONAL (about 25 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; ID: SJC)
- MONTEREY PENINSULA (about 40 miles; MONTEREY, CA; ID: MRY)
- METROPOLITAN OAKLAND INTL (about 57 miles; OAKLAND, CA; ID: OAK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Morgan Hill:
- SOUTH COUNTY ARPT OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY (about 6 miles; SAN MARTIN, CA; ID: Q99)
- WATSONVILLE MUNI (about 17 miles; WATSONVILLE, CA; ID: WVI)
- REID-HILLVIEW OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY (about 18 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; ID: RHV)
Amtrak stations near Morgan Hill:
- 10 miles: GILROY (7250 MONTEREY HWY.) - Bus Station. Services: partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, public transit connection.
- 17 miles: WATSONVILLE (W. LAKE AVE. & RODRIGUEZ ST.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Morgan Hill:
- SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 7 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; Full-time enrollment: 20,861)
- SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY (about 7 miles; SANTA CLARA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,229)
- GAVILAN COLLEGE (about 10 miles; GILROY, CA; FT enrollment: 2,791)
- EVERGREEN VALLEY COLLEGE (about 15 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; FT enrollment: 6,118)
- CABRILLO COLLEGE (about 21 miles; APTOS, CA; FT enrollment: 6,638)
- SAN JOSE CITY COLLEGE (about 25 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; FT enrollment: 5,713)
- WEST VALLEY COLLEGE (about 29 miles; SARATOGA, CA; FT enrollment: 5,880)
Public high schools in Morgan Hill:
- LIVE OAK HIGH (Students: 1,772; Location: 1505 E. MAIN AVE.; Grades: 10 - 12)
- CENTRAL HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 93; Location: 17960 MONTEREY ST.; Grades: 10 - 12)
- ADVENT ACADEMY (Students: 25; Location: 1400 E. EDMUNDSON AVE.; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Morgan Hill:
- BRITTON (LEWIS H.) MIDDLE (Students: 1,173; Location: 80 W. CENTRAL AVE.; Grades: 07 - 09)
- NORDSTROM ELEMENTARY (Students: 639; Location: 1425 E. DUNNE AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- EL TORO ELEMENTARY (Students: 561; Location: 455 EAST MAIN AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- BARRETT ELEMENTARY (Students: 532; Location: 1400 LA CROSSE DR.; Grades: KG - 08)
- JACKSON ELEMENTARY (Students: 528; Location: 2700 FOUNTAIN OAKS DR.; Grades: KG - 06)
- PARADISE VALLEY/MACHADO ELEMENTARY (Students: 491; Location: 1400 LA CROSSE; Grades: KG - 06)
- WALSH (P. A.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 403; Location: 353 W. MAIN AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- BURNETT ELEMENTARY (Students: 381; Location: 85 TILTON AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- CHARTER SCHOOL OF MORGAN HILL (Students: 339; Location: 9530 NORTH MONTEREY ROAD; Grades: KG - 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Morgan Hill:
- SOUTH VALLEY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 297; Location: 145 WRIGHT AVENUE; Grades: KG - 8)
- ST CATHERINE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 294; Location: 17500 SOUTH PEAK AVENUE; Grades: KG - 10)
- MONTESSORI LEARNING FOR LIVING (Students: 80; Location: 16900 DE WITT AVENUE; Grades: PK - KG)
- KIDS WORLD (Students: 77; Location: 17535 DEL MONTE; Grades: PK - KG)
- LITTLE SONSHINE SCHOOL HOUSE (Students: 72; Location: 1760 DEWITT AVE; Grades: PK - KG)
- KINDERCARE LEARNING CENTER (Students: 10; Location: 605 EAST DUNNE AVENUE; Grades: KG - KG)
| || |
Notable locations in Morgan Hill: William F James Boys Ranch (A), Hill Country Golf and Country Club (B), Holiday Lake Golf Course (C), Morgan Hill Museum (D), Morgan Hill House (E), Morgan Hill City Hall (F), Morgan Hill Branch Santa Clara County Free Library (G).
Shopping Centers: Vineyard Town Center Shopping Center (1), Nob Hill Shopping Center (2), Tennant Station Shopping Center (3), Cochrane Plaza Shopping Center (4).
Churches in Morgan Hill include: Valley Baptist Church (A), Interdenominational Church of Morgan Hill (B), First Assembly of God Church (C), First Baptist Church (D), First United Pentecostal Church (E), Morgan Hill Asembly of God Church (F), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (G), Church of the Rock Morgan Hill Foursquare Church (H).
Cemetery: Mount Hope Cemetery (1).
Parks in Morgan Hill include: Murphy Springs Park (1), Morgan Hill Community Park (2), Paradise Park (3), Vasquez Tree Historical Marker (4), Jackson Oaks Park (5), Britton Field (6), Del Monte Park (7), Howard Wiechert Park (8), Galvan Park (9).
Post office: (A).
Morgan Hill compared to California state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Morgan Hill:
- KAZA (1290 AM; 5 kW; GILROY, CA; Owner: RADIO FIESTA CORPORATION)
- KLOK (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KYAA (1200 AM; 25 kW; SOQUEL, CA; Owner: PEOPLE'S RADIO, INC.)
- KTCT (1050 AM; 50 kW; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- KZSJ (1120 AM; 5 kW; SAN MARTIN, CA; Owner: BUSTOS MEDIA HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KFAX (1100 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: GOLDEN GATE BROADCASTING CO, INC.)
- KSRK (540 AM; 10 kW; CARMEL VALLEY, CA; Owner: PEOPLE'S RADIO, INC.)
- KSCO (1080 AM; 10 kW; SANTA CRUZ, CA)
- KSJX (1500 AM; 10 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING INC)
- KDBV (980 AM; 10 kW; SALINAS, CA; Owner: WOLFHOUSE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Morgan Hill:
- KSQQ (96.1 FM; MORGAN HILL, CA; Owner: COYOTE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KBAA (94.5 FM; GILROY, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KSQL (99.1 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: TMS LICENSE CALIFORNIA, INC)
- KBRG (100.3 FM; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KKUP (91.5 FM; CUPERTINO, CA; Owner: ASSURANCE SCIENCES FOUNDATION)
- KDON-FM (102.5 FM; SALINAS, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- K202DU (88.3 FM; SAN JUAN BAUTISTA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KBTU (93.5 FM; HOLLISTER, CA; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- K238AC (95.5 FM; SALIDA, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KLVM (89.7 FM; PRUNEDALE, CA; Owner: PRUNEDALE EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION)
- KHRI (90.7 FM; HOLLISTER, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K265DG (100.9 FM; HOLLISTER, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSJS (90.5 FM; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY)
- K206BQ (89.1 FM; HOLLISTER, CA; Owner: PATAPHYSICAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION, INC.)
- KEZR (106.5 FM; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OF SAN JOSE, INC.)
- KSJO (92.3 FM; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KUOP (91.3 FM; STOCKTON, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC)
- K260AA (99.9 FM; CARMEL VALLEY, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KUSP (88.9 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: PATAPHYSICAL B/CING. FOUNDATION,INC.)
- KWAV (96.9 FM; MONTEREY, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING OF MONTEREY)
TV broadcast stations around Morgan Hill:
- KNTV (Channel 11; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: KNTV LICENSE, INC.)
- KKPX (Channel 65; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: PAXSON SAN JOSE LICENSE, INC.)
- KBIT-CA (Channel 28; SAN FRANCISCO, ETC., CA; Owner: POLAR BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KICU-TV (Channel 36; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: KTVU PARTNERSHIP)
- K21EV (Channel 21; SALINAS, CA; Owner: LIVING FAITH BROADCASTING)
- KDJT-CA (Channel 33; SALINAS/MONTEREY,ETC, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTEH (Channel 54; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: KTEH FOUNDATION)
- KAXT-CA (Channel 22; SANTA CLARA-SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: LINDA K. TRUMBLY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.