Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 12,626
Males: 6,231 (49.4%), Females: 6,395 (50.6%)
San Luis Obispo County
Median resident age: 35.6 years
Median household income: $49,852 (year 2000)
Median house value: $211,000 (year 2000)
Nipomo, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Nipomo:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (60.6%)
- Hispanic (34.5%)
- Other race (16.0%)
- Two or more races (4.7%)
- American Indian (2.6%)
- Filipino (0.8%)
- Black (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (12.9%), Irish (11.5%), English (9.4%), United States (6.1%), Italian (5.5%), Scottish (2.4%).
New! California forum
Elevation: 330 feet
Land area: 11.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Nipomo
- High school or higher: 78.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Nipomo CDP
- Never married: 21.3%
- Now married: 63.5%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 5.6%
- Divorced: 7.5%
12.3% Foreign born (11.1% Latin America).
Bay Travel Guide - diamond AAA Oceanview Rooms Free Breakfast Bar, Book Now! />
Cliffs Resort - luxury resort located minutes from San Luis Obispo wine country. />
and apartments - apartments, comfort intimacy down town Bucharest />
Bay Chamber Hotels - Block to the Waterfront, Spa No Marked Up Rates, No Booking Fees />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Maria, CA (6.7 miles Santa pop. 77,423).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Bakersfield, (102.7 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (159.2 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Maria, CA (6.7 miles Santa CA (7.2 miles Guadalupe, Grande, CA (9.1 miles Arroyo CA (9.7 miles Oceano, Beach, CA Grover (10.9 miles CA Orcutt, (11.6 miles Beach, CA Pismo (13.6 miles AFB, CA (19.3 miles Vandenberg
Latitude: 35.03 N, Longitude: 120.49 W
Area code: 805
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.6%), Retail trade (11.8%), Construction (11.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,419 (-27.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 757 (14.8%)
Average climate in Nipomo, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Nipomo:
- ARROYO GRANDE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; ARROYO GRANDE, CA)
- MARIAN MEDICAL CENTER (about 14 miles; SANTA MARIA, CA)
- FRENCH HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 20 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Nipomo, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Nipomo:
- SANTA MARIA PUB/CAPT G ALLAN HANCOCK FLD (about 11 miles; SANTA MARIA, CA; ID: SMX)
- SAN LUIS COUNTY REGIONAL (about 18 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; ID: SBP)
- PASO ROBLES MUNI (about 45 miles; PASO ROBLES, CA; ID: PRB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Nipomo:
- OCEANO COUNTY (about 10 miles; OCEANO, CA; ID: L52)
- VANDENBERG AFB (about 23 miles; LOMPOC, CA; ID: VBG)
- LOMPOC (about 27 miles; LOMPOC, CA; ID: LPC)
Amtrak stations near Nipomo:
- 8 miles: GUADALUPE/SANTA MARIA (SANTA MARIA, 330 GUADELUPE ST.)
- 8 miles: SANTA MARIA (CYPRESS ST. & NICHOLSON AVE.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 12 miles: GROVER BEACH (180 GRAND AVE.). Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Nipomo:
- ALLAN HANCOCK COLLEGE (about 14 miles; SANTA MARIA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 6,037)
- CALIFORNIA POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIV-SAN LUIS OBISPO (about 22 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; FT enrollment: 15,985)
- CUESTA COLLEGE (about 22 miles; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; FT enrollment: 6,121)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SANTA BARBARA (about 62 miles; SANTA BARBARA, CA; FT enrollment: 19,420)
- SANTA BARBARA CITY COLLEGE (about 69 miles; SANTA BARBARA, CA; FT enrollment: 8,137)
- TAFT COLLEGE (about 74 miles; Taft, CA; FT enrollment: 2,801)
- WEST HILLS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 82 miles; COALINGA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,406)
Public high school in Nipomo:
- NIPOMO HIGH (Students: 943; Location: 525 NORTH THOMPSON RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Nipomo:
- HIGHLAND PREPARATORY SCHOOL (Students: 74; Location: 1075 HOLDER PARK LN PO BOX 238; Grades: KG - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Nipomo:
- DANA ELEMENTARY (Students: 699; Location: 920 W. TEFFT ST.; Grades: 03 - 05)
- NIPOMO ELEMENTARY (Students: 668; Location: 190 E. PRICE; Grades: KG - 02)
| || |
Notable locations in Nipomo: Ross-Kellar Winery (A), Nipomo Senior Center (B), Nipomo Community Center (C), Nipomo Branch San Luis Obispo City-County Library (D), Dana Adobe (E).
Churches in Nipomo include: Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (A), Yo En Dios, Dios En Mi Church (B), Lighthouse Christian Center (C), First Baptist Church of Nipomo (D), Jesus Saves Full Gospel Tabernacle Church (E), New Harvest Community Foursquare Church (F), Church of Christ (G), Nipomo Shepherd of Hope Church (H).
Creeks: Mehlschau Creek (A), Deleissigues Creek (B).
Park in Nipomo: Nipomo Regional Park (1).
Post office: (A).
Nipomo compared to California state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Nipomo:
- KGDP (660 AM; 50 kW; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: RADIO REPRESENTATIVES, INC.)
- KUHL (1440 AM; 5 kW; SANTA MARIA, CA; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KXTK (1280 AM; 10 kW; ARROYO GRANDE, CA; Owner: PAMPLIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLFF (890 AM; 5 kW; ARROYO GRANDE, CA; Owner: JERRY J. COLLINS)
- KSMA (1240 AM; 1 kW; SANTA MARIA, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSBQ (1480 AM; 1 kW; SANTA MARIA, CA; Owner: LAZER BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KTAP (1600 AM; daytime; 0 kW; SANTA MARIA, CA; Owner: EMERALD WAVE MEDIA)
- KERI (1180 AM; 50 kW; WASCO-GREENACRES, CA; Owner: KWSO, INC.)
- KJDJ (1030 AM; 3 kW; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: PADRE SERRA COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KWRU (940 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Nipomo:
- KIDI-FM (105.5 FM; GUADALUPE, CA; Owner: EMERALD WAVE MEDIA)
- KURQ (107.3 FM; GROVER BEACH, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KXFM (99.1 FM; SANTA MARIA, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSNI-FM (102.5 FM; SANTA MARIA, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSTT-FM (101.3 FM; LOS OSOS-BAYWOOD PAR, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSLY-FM (96.1 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KKAL (99.7 FM; MORRO BAY, CA; Owner: SALISBURY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KZOZ (93.3 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: AMERICAN GENERAL MEDIA-TEXAS, INC.)
- KWSR (92.5 FM; PASO ROBLES, CA; Owner: LAGNIAPPE BROADCASTING, INC)
- KKJG (98.1 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: AGM SAN LUIS OBISPO, L.P.)
- KWWV (106.1 FM; SANTA MARGARITA, CA; Owner: SALISBURY RADIO LLC)
- K209CE (89.7 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KLRM (97.1 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: GTM SAN LUIS OBISPO)
- K216FQ (90.9 FM; SANTA MARIA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KIQO (104.5 FM; ATASCADERO, CA; Owner: AMERICAN GENERAL MEDIA OF TEXAS, INC)
- KCBX (90.1 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: KCBX, INC.)
- KLVH (88.5 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K213CO (90.5 FM; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- KPAT (95.7 FM; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: AGM-BIRMINGHAM, LLC)
- KRAZ (105.9 FM; SANTA YNEZ, CA; Owner: KNIGHT BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Nipomo:
- KSSY-LP (Channel 66; ARROYO GRANDE, CA; Owner: CHERIE ERWIN)
- KFUL-LP (Channel 44; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: KJLA, LLC)
- KAGP-LP (Channel 8; ARROYO GRANDE, CA; Owner: GARY M. COCOLA FAMILY TRUST, GARY M. COCOLA TRUSTEE)
- KSBY (Channel 6; SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA; Owner: NVG-SANTA BARBARA II, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.