Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 41,155. Estimated population in July 2005: 47,058 (+14.3% change)
Males: 19,783 (48.1%), Females: 21,372 (51.9%)
Median resident age: 48.0 years
Median household income: $48,316 (year 2000)
Median house value: $189,100 (year 2000)
Palm Desert, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Palm Desert:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (77.6%)
- Hispanic (17.1%)
- Other race (6.5%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
- Black (1.2%)
- American Indian (0.9%)
- Chinese (0.6%)
- Japanese (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (16.5%), English (14.3%), Irish (12.3%), Italian (5.1%), United States (4.8%), French (3.9%).
New! Desert, California forum
Elevation: 243 feet
Land area: 24.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Palm Desert
- High school or higher: 88.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 31.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.3%
- Unemployed: 4.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Palm Desert city
- Never married: 20.0%
- Now married: 56.9%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 12.8%
16.1% Foreign born (7.8% Latin America, 3.6% Europe, 2.3% Asia, 2.2% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: +10,518 (+34.3%).
Quinta Real Estate - listings in La Quinta & the entire Coachella Valley MLS. />
Desert Springs - condo Rentals & Resales Rent and sell timeshares By Owners />
Desert California - Deserts Vacation Rentals Rent Direct and Save! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Hemet, (42.2 miles pop. 58,812).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Riverside, (72.2 miles pop. 255,166).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Diego, CA San (84.4 miles pop. 1,223,400).
Nearest cities: Wells, CA (2.1 miles Indian Mirage, CA (4.7 miles Rancho Dunes, CA Bermuda (5.9 miles Quinta, CA La (6.0 miles Palms, CA Thousand (6.4 miles City, CA (8.7 miles Cathedral CA (9.5 miles Indio, Springs, CA Palm (13.0 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 356 buildings, average cost: $203,000
- 1997: 549 buildings, average cost: $215,400
- 1998: 833 buildings, average cost: $217,700
- 1999: 504 buildings, average cost: $299,200
- 2000: 417 buildings, average cost: $326,600
- 2001: 255 buildings, average cost: $322,300
- 2002: 221 buildings, average cost: $273,900
- 2003: 237 buildings, average cost: $274,500
- 2004: 325 buildings, average cost: $250,600
Latitude: 33.73 N, Longitude: 116.37 W
Area code: 760
Palm Desert, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (21.6%), Educational,health and social services (17.6%), Retail trade (12.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +11,099 (+27.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 8,020 (47.1%)
Crime in Palm Desert by Year
|Type ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 |
|Murders ||0 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||2.4 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||12 ||6 ||9 |
| per 100,000 ||29.2 ||14.6 ||21.9 |
|Robberies ||33 ||47 ||37 |
| per 100,000 ||80.2 ||114.2 ||89.9 |
|Assaults ||121 ||122 ||105 |
| per 100,000 ||294.0 ||296.4 ||255.1 |
|Burglaries ||388 ||538 ||536 |
| per 100,000 ||942.8 ||1307.3 ||1302.4 |
|Thefts ||1,139 ||1,399 ||1,325 |
| per 100,000 ||2767.6 ||3399.3 ||3219.5 |
|Auto thefts ||144 ||206 ||181 |
| per 100,000 ||349.9 ||500.5 ||439.8 |
| ||299.2 ||369.3 ||341.9 |
Average climate in Palm Desert, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Main business address for: PENN OCTANE CORP (WHOLESALE-PETROLEUM & PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (NO BULK STATIONS)).
Hospitals/medical centers near Palm Desert:
- EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; RANCHO MIRAGE, CA)
- JOHN F KENNEDY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, INC (about 10 miles; INDIO, CA)
- DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 15 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Palm Desert, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Palm Desert:
- PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL (about 11 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: PSP)
- MARCH ARB (about 62 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; ID: RIV)
- SAN BERNARDINO INTERNATIONAL (about 65 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; ID: SBD)
Other public-use airports nearest to Palm Desert:
- BERMUDA DUNES (about 8 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: UDD)
- DESERT RESORTS REGIONAL (about 17 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: TRM)
- YUCCA VALLEY (about 27 miles; YUCCA VALLEY, CA; ID: L22)
PALM DESERT (MONTEREY AVE. & SAN GORGONIO WAY) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
College/University in Palm Desert:
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT (Full-time enrollment: 3,804; Location: 43-500 MONTEREY ST; Public; Website: www.desert.cc.ca.us)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Palm Desert:
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-RIVERSIDE (about 22 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; Full-time enrollment: 12,213)
- MOUNT SAN JACINTO COLLEGE (about 41 miles; SAN JACINTO, CA; FT enrollment: 4,731)
- CRAFTON HILLS COLLEGE (about 51 miles; YUCAIPA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,722)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SAN DIEGO (about 59 miles; LA JOLLA, CA; FT enrollment: 19,582)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SAN MARCOS (about 59 miles; SAN MARCOS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,875)
- UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS (about 60 miles; REDLANDS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,106)
- PALOMAR COLLEGE (about 69 miles; SAN MARCOS, CA; FT enrollment: 11,046)
Public primary/middle schools in Palm Desert:
- PALM DESERT MIDDLE (Students: 1,297; Location: 74-200 RUTLEDGE WAY; Grades: 06 - 08)
- LINCOLN (ABRAHAM) ELEMENTARY (Students: 764; Location: 74-100 RUTLEDGE WAY; Grades: KG - 05)
- JAMES EARL CARTER ELEMENTARY (Students: 728; Location: 74-251 EAST HOVLEY LANE; Grades: KG - 05)
- WASHINGTON (GEORGE) CHARTER (ELEM) (Students: 705; Location: 45-768 PORTOLA ST.; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Palm Desert:
- SACRED HEART SCHOOL (Students: 293; Location: 43-775 DEEP CANYON ROAD; Grades: KG - 8)
- PALM DESERT LEARNING TREE CENT (Students: 262; Location: 42 675 WASHINGTON STREET; Grades: PK - 5)
- ST. MARGARET'S EPISCOPAL SCHOO (Students: 112; Location: 47-535 HIGHWAY #74; Grades: KG - 5)
- TOT STOP INC (Students: 102; Location: 77970 DELAWARE PL; Grades: PK - KG)
- MONTESSORI SCHOOL OF THE VALLE (Students: 77; Location: 43250 WARNER TRAIL; Grades: PK - 4)
- THE EDUCATION STATION (Students: 69; Location: 44 911 CABRILLO; Grades: PK - KG)
- DESERT ADVENTIST ACADEMY (Students: 58; Location: 74200 COUNTRY CLUB DR.; Grades: KG - 8)
- MORNING STARS LEARNING PROGRAM (Students: 46; Location: 74015 AFTER STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- DESERT TORAH ACADAMY (Students: 11; Location: 73550 SANTA ROSA WAY; Grades: KG - 5)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- KRCK-FM 97.7 is the only 80\'s radio outlet in the Coachella Valley, and is totally missing from your listing. KRCK has been broadcasting from its studios in Palm Desert for more than 2 years.
| || |
Notable locations in Palm Desert: Emerald Desert Country Club (A), Woodhaven Country Club (B), Avondale Country Club (C), Portola Country Club (D), Bighorn Golf Club (E), Palm Valley Country Club (F), Palm Desert Resort and Country Club (G), Palm Desert Country Club (H), Marrakesh Country Club (I), Oasis Country Club (J), The Lakes Country Club (K), Monterey Country Club (L), Chaparral Country Club (M), Indian Ridge Country Club (N), Desert Falls Country Club (O), Shadow Mountain Golf Course (P), Ironwood Country Club (Q), Santa Rosa Country Club (R), Joslyn Cove Senior Center (S), Palm Desert Country Club Branch Riverside City and County Public Library (T).
Shopping Centers: Monterey Marketplace Shopping Center (1), Plaza de Monterey Shopping Center (2), Palms to Pines West Shopping Center (3), Palms to Pines Shopping Center (4), Palm Desert Shopping Center (5), Town Center Square Shopping Center (6), El Paseo Shopping Center (7).
Churches in Palm Desert include: Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (A), Hope Lutheran Church (B), First Baptist Church (C), Saint George Orthodox Church (D), Christ of the Desert Newman Center (E), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (F), Sacred Heart Catholic Church (G).
Creeks: Ramon Creek (A), Cat Creek (B).
Parks in Palm Desert include: Civic Center Park (1), Palm Desert Community Park (2), Cahuilla Park (3).
Post office: (A).
Palm Desert compared to California state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Palm Desert:
- KNWQ (1140 AM; 10 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KCMJ (1270 AM; 5 kW; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KXPS (1010 AM; 4 kW; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KPSI (920 AM; 5 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R & R RADIO CORPORATION)
- KNWZ (970 AM; 5 kW; COACHELLA, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KESQ (1400 AM; 1 kW; INDIO, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST CO.)
- KFMB (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: MIDWEST TELEVISION, INC.)
- KWXY (1340 AM; 1 kW; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: GLEN BARNETT, INC.)
- KGAM (1450 AM; 1 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R & R RADIO CORPORATION)
- KCBQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Palm Desert:
- KLOB (94.7 FM; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K280CV (103.9 FM; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KEZN (103.1 FM; PALM DESERT, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KCLB-FM (93.7 FM; COACHELLA, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KATY-FM (101.3 FM; IDYLLWILD, CA; Owner: ALL PRO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KHCS (91.7 FM; PALM DESERT, CA; Owner: PRAIRIE AVENUE GOSPEL CENTER)
- KMRJ (99.5 FM; RANCHO MIRAGE, CA; Owner: DANIEL P. MITCHELL)
- KCRI (89.3 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KDES-FM (104.7 FM; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R & R RADIO CORPORATION)
- KJJZ (102.3 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: R M BROADCASTING L.L.C.)
- KUNA-FM (96.7 FM; LA QUINTA, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
- KLRD (90.1 FM; YUCAIPA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KWXY-FM (98.5 FM; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: GLEN BARNETT, INC.)
- K201AR (88.1 FM; BANNING, CA; Owner: KSGN, INC.)
- K232CX (94.3 FM; DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KYOR (106.9 FM; YUCCA VALLEY, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KPSC (88.5 FM; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
- KKUU (92.7 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KLVJ (100.1 FM; JULIAN, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KRTM (88.9 FM; TEMECULA, CA; Owner: PENFOLD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Palm Desert:
- KESQ-TV (Channel 42; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
- KYAV-LP (Channel 12; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: JDF INVESTMENT CO. LLC)
- KVPS-LP (Channel 8; INDIO, CA; Owner: VALCOM BROADCASTING LLC)
- KMIR-TV (Channel 36; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- K25GW (Channel 25; INDIO, CA; Owner: DESERT SPRINGS, INC.)
- KPSP-LP (Channel 58; CATHEDRAL CITY-PALM, CA; Owner: DESERT TELEVISION LLC)
- K19DH (Channel 19; INDIO, CA; Owner: DESERT BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.