Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 21,845. Estimated population in July 2005: 22,032 (+0.9% change)
Males: 10,987 (50.3%), Females: 10,858 (49.7%)
Median resident age: 30.3 years
Median household income: $42,246 (year 2000)
Median house value: $165,200 (year 2000)
Port Hueneme, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Port Hueneme:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (42.7%)
- Hispanic (41.0%)
- Other race (21.8%)
- Two or more races (6.3%)
- Black (6.1%)
- Filipino (4.4%)
- American Indian (2.9%)
- Japanese (0.7%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (9.5%), Irish (7.3%), English (5.9%), United States (3.9%), Italian (3.2%), Scottish (2.0%).
New! Hueneme, California forum
Elevation: 12 feet
Land area: 4.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Port Hueneme
- High school or higher: 75.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.1%
- Unemployed: 5.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Port Hueneme city
- Never married: 30.1%
- Now married: 49.8%
- Separated: 2.9%
- Widowed: 6.0%
- Divorced: 11.2%
20.9% Foreign born (14.5% Latin America, 5.0% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,235 (+6.0%).
Watching In CA - a 3hr or Full Day Tour San Francisco Bay Area />
La Quinta - Deals at La Quinta Inn & Suites Available Nationwide. Book Online! />
Real Estate Info - Info on Ventura Real Estate from 14 Search Engines in 1 />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA (2.3 miles Oxnard, pop. 170,358).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Angeles, CA Los (56.5 miles www.LaQuinta.com )
Nearest cities: Islands Beach, CA (1.9 miles Channel CA (2.3 miles Oxnard, Rio, CA El (6.0 miles Buenaventura (Ventura), CA San (8.3 miles CA Camarillo, (12.0 miles Paula, CA Santa (16.1 miles Conejo, CA (17.3 miles Casa View, CA Oak (17.9 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 0 buildings
- 1997: 0 buildings
- 1998: 0 buildings
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $73,000
- 2000: 40 buildings, average cost: $106,800
- 2001: 33 buildings, average cost: $119,500
- 2002: 5 buildings, average cost: $128,400
- 2003: 24 buildings, average cost: $165,100
- 2004: 49 buildings, average cost: $219,300
Latitude: 34.16 N, Longitude: 119.19 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 805
Port Hueneme, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.8%), Manufacturing (13.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.2%), Retail trade (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +139 (+0.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,491 (25.2%)
Crime in Port Hueneme by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||1 ||0 ||1 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||4.6 ||0.0 ||4.6 ||0.0 ||4.6 |
|Rapes ||9 ||6 ||8 ||6 ||8 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||41.2 ||27.5 ||36.6 ||27.5 ||36.6 ||18.3 |
|Robberies ||32 ||31 ||27 ||37 ||32 ||20 |
| per 100,000 ||146.5 ||141.9 ||123.6 ||169.4 ||146.5 ||91.6 |
|Assaults ||29 ||27 ||35 ||37 ||49 ||63 |
| per 100,000 ||132.8 ||123.6 ||160.2 ||169.4 ||224.3 ||288.4 |
|Burglaries ||137 ||200 ||130 ||93 ||137 ||144 |
| per 100,000 ||627.1 ||915.5 ||595.1 ||425.7 ||627.1 ||659.2 |
|Thefts ||336 ||253 ||248 ||315 ||250 ||290 |
| per 100,000 ||1538.1 ||1158.2 ||1135.3 ||1442.0 ||1144.4 ||1327.5 |
|Auto thefts ||35 ||48 ||40 ||62 ||71 ||96 |
| per 100,000 ||160.2 ||219.7 ||183.1 ||283.8 ||325.0 ||439.5 |
| ||205.2 ||210.8 ||185.5 ||210.4 ||219.1 ||231.4 |
Average climate in Port Hueneme, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Josh Towers - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Toronto Blue Jays, born: Feb 26, 1977).
Hospitals/medical centers near Port Hueneme:
- ST JOHNS REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; OXNARD, CA)
- COMM MEM HOSP OF SAN BUENAVENTURA (about 8 miles; VENTURA, CA)
- VENTURA COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER (about 8 miles; VENTURA, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Port Hueneme, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Port Hueneme:
- OXNARD (about 3 miles; OXNARD, CA; ID: OXR)
- POINT MUGU NAS (NAVAL BASE VENTURA CNTY) (about 7 miles; POINT MUGU, CA; ID: NTD)
- SANTA BARBARA MUNI (about 48 miles; SANTA BARBARA, CA; ID: SBA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Port Hueneme:
- CAMARILLO (about 9 miles; CAMARILLO, CA; ID: CMA)
- SANTA PAULA (about 16 miles; SANTA PAULA, CA; ID: SZP)
- VAN NUYS (about 50 miles; VAN NUYS, CA; ID: VNY)
Amtrak stations near Port Hueneme:
- 3 miles: OXNARD (201 E. 4TH ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 11 miles: VENTURA (HARBOR BLVD. & FIGUEROA ST.). Services: public payphones, call for taxi service.
- 12 miles: CAMARILLO (30 LEWIS RD.). Services: public payphones, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Port Hueneme:
- OXNARD COLLEGE (about 3 miles; OXNARD, CA; Full-time enrollment: 3,760)
- VENTURA COLLEGE (about 8 miles; VENTURA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,285)
- CALIFORNIA LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; THOUSAND OAKS, CA; FT enrollment: 2,322)
- MOORPARK COLLEGE (about 25 miles; Moorpark, CA; FT enrollment: 7,773)
- SIMI VALLEY ADULT SCHOOL (about 31 miles; SIMI VALLEY, CA; FT enrollment: 4,272)
- PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY (about 35 miles; MALIBU, CA; FT enrollment: 5,492)
- WEST VALLEY OCCUPATIONAL CENTER (about 40 miles; WOODLAND HILLS, CA; FT enrollment: 5,240)
Private high school in Port Hueneme:
- STEPS SCHOOL AT ANACAPA (Students: 18; Location: 307 E CLARA STREET; Grades: 7 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Port Hueneme:
- PARKVIEW ELEMENTARY (Students: 756; Location: 1416 SIXTH PL.; Grades: KG - 06)
- BARD (RICHARD) ELEMENTARY (Students: 687; Location: 622 E. PLEASANT VALLEY ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- HUENEME ELEMENTARY (Students: 553; Location: 344 N. THIRD ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Port Hueneme:
- HUENEME CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 382; Location: 312 NORTH VENTURA ROAD; Grades: KG - 8)
- PORT HUENEME PRIVATE SCHOOL (Students: 93; Location: 259 NORTH 3RD ST; Grades: PK - 3)
- NCBC KDGN. (Students: 74; Location: BLDG. 1439 34TH AVE.; Grades: PK - KG)
| || |
Notable locations in Port Hueneme: Port Hueneme Lighthouse (A), Seabee Golf Course (B), Womens Improvement Club of Hueneme (C), Port Hueneme Administration Building (D), Port Hueneme Chamber of Commerce (E), Port Hueneme Historical Museum (F), Seabee Museum (G), Ventura County Maritime Museum (H), R D Prueter Library (I).
Shopping Centers: B and D Shopping Center (1), Beach Port Shopping Center (2), Mandalay Village Marketplace Shopping Center (3), Oliveira Plaza Shopping Center (4), Town and Shore Shopping Center (5).
Churches in Port Hueneme include: Evangelical Baptist Church (A), Westminster Presbyterian Church (B), Port Hueneme First Assembly of God Church (C), Port Hueneme Church of Christ (D).
Parks in Port Hueneme include: Seabee Park (1), Walter B Moranda Park (2), Bolker Park (3), La Jenelle Park (4), Richard Bard Bubbling Springs Park (5), Dewar Park (6), Port Hueneme Beach Park (7).
Port Hueneme compared to California state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Port Hueneme:
- KVTA (1520 AM; 10 kW; PORT HUENEME, CA; Owner: GOLD COAST BROADCASTING LLC)
- KUNX (1590 AM; 5 kW; VENTURA, CA; Owner: GOLD COAST BROADCASTING LLC)
- KOXR (910 AM; 5 kW; OXNARD, CA; Owner: LAZER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KACD (850 AM; 25 kW; THOUSAND OAKS, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KNX (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KVEN (1450 AM; 1 kW; VENTURA, CA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KFWB (980 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KIRN (670 AM; 35 kW; SIMI VALLEY, CA; Owner: LOTUS OXNARD CORP.)
- KGDP (660 AM; 50 kW; ORCUTT, CA; Owner: RADIO REPRESENTATIVES, INC.)
- KBLA (1580 AM; 50 kW; SANTA MONICA, CA)
Strongest FM radio stations in Port Hueneme:
- KSSC (107.1 FM; VENTURA, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KDAR (98.3 FM; OXNARD, CA; Owner: ATEP RADIO, INC.)
- KBBY-FM (95.1 FM; VENTURA, CA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KCRU (89.1 FM; OXNARD, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KCAQ (104.7 FM; OXNARD, CA; Owner: GOLD COAST BROADCASTING LLC)
- KCZN (96.7 FM; SANTA PAULA, CA; Owner: LAZER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KOCP (95.9 FM; CAMARILLO, CA; Owner: GOLD COAST BROADCASTING LLC)
- KMLA (103.7 FM; EL RIO, CA; Owner: GOLD COAST RADIO, L.L.C.)
- K272DI (102.3 FM; FILLMORE, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KFYV (105.5 FM; OJAI, CA; Owner: GOLD COAST BROADCASTING LLC)
- K271AC (102.1 FM; OJAI, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KHAY (100.7 FM; VENTURA, CA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KLFH (89.5 FM; OJAI, CA; Owner: SHEPHERD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KMRO (90.3 FM; CAMARILLO, CA; Owner: THE ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY EDUCATION, INC.)
- KCPB (91.1 FM; THOUSAND OAKS, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
- K254AH (98.7 FM; ISLA VISTA, CA; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- K293AG (106.5 FM; TAFT, CA; Owner: CENTRO CRISTIANO DE FE, INC.)
- K210CH (89.9 FM; OAK VIEW, CA; Owner: LIFE ON THE WAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KKBT (100.3 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- KRAZ (105.9 FM; SANTA YNEZ, CA; Owner: KNIGHT BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Port Hueneme:
- KTRO-LP (Channel 50; LANCASTER, CA; Owner: ROBERT D. ADELMAN)
- KJLA (Channel 57; VENTURA, CA; Owner: KJLA, LLC)
- KADY-TV (Channel 63; OXNARD, CA; Owner: BILTMORE BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.