Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,249. Estimated population in July 2005: 16,514 (+24.6% change)
Males: 6,341 (47.9%), Females: 6,908 (52.1%)
Median resident age: 61.3 years
Median household income: $59,826 (year 2000)
Median house value: $288,100 (year 2000)
Rancho Mirage, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Rancho Mirage:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (87.2%)
- Hispanic (9.4%)
- Other race (3.6%)
- Two or more races (1.3%)
- Black (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: English (17.0%), German (15.2%), Irish (11.5%), Italian (5.3%), Russian (5.1%), French (4.9%).
New! Mirage, California forum
Elevation: 320 feet
Land area: 24.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Rancho Mirage
- High school or higher: 91.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 35.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 15.0%
- Unemployed: 6.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rancho Mirage city
- Never married: 14.1%
- Now married: 62.0%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 12.7%
- Divorced: 10.3%
14.3% Foreign born (4.6% Europe, 4.4% Latin America, 3.5% North America, 1.5% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +3,244 (+32.4%).
Mirage - 5 Star Luxury Rancho Mirage />
Springs Vacations - Vacation Rental Home 2 Beds, 2.5 Baths, Pool & Hot Tub />
Quinta Real Estate - Estate in La Quinta, PGA West The local guy! Dick McGill />
Springs Rentals - Homes & Condos Since 1972 View pics, Calendar, Book Online />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Hemet, (38.7 miles www.lhw.com/RanchoMirage )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Riverside, (68.1 miles pop. 255,166).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Diego, CA San (84.7 miles pop. 1,223,400).
Nearest cities: City, CA (4.0 miles Cathedral Palms, CA Thousand (4.0 miles Desert, CA Palm (4.7 miles Wells, CA (6.6 miles Indian Springs, CA Palm (8.4 miles Dunes, CA Bermuda (9.5 miles Quinta, CA La (10.7 miles CA (13.4 miles Indio,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 98 buildings, average cost: $222,600
- 1997: 250 buildings, average cost: $237,400
- 1998: 256 buildings, average cost: $275,900
- 1999: 297 buildings, average cost: $316,400
- 2000: 308 buildings, average cost: $327,500
- 2001: 477 buildings, average cost: $298,700
- 2002: 413 buildings, average cost: $290,700
- 2003: 690 buildings, average cost: $258,400
- 2004: 425 buildings, average cost: $291,600
Latitude: 33.77 N, Longitude: 116.42 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 760
Rancho Mirage, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (19.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (15.2%), Retail trade (14.5%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (12.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +5,778 (+43.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,339 (32.1%)
Crime in Rancho Mirage by Year
|Type ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||5 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||7.5 ||37.7 ||15.1 |
|Robberies ||3 ||3 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||22.6 ||22.6 ||7.5 |
|Assaults ||22 ||42 ||18 |
| per 100,000 ||166.1 ||317.0 ||135.9 |
|Burglaries ||113 ||159 ||180 |
| per 100,000 ||852.9 ||1200.1 ||1358.6 |
|Thefts ||261 ||358 ||375 |
| per 100,000 ||1970.0 ||2702.1 ||2830.4 |
|Auto thefts ||33 ||46 ||61 |
| per 100,000 ||249.1 ||347.2 ||460.4 |
| ||201.4 ||305.2 ||280.6 |
Average climate in Rancho Mirage, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospital/medical center in Rancho Mirage:
- EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER (39-000 BOB HOPE DRIVE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Rancho Mirage:
- DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 10 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA)
- JOHN F KENNEDY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, INC (about 14 miles; INDIO, CA)
- HI-DESERT MEDICAL CENTER (about 30 miles; JOSHUA TREE, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Rancho Mirage, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Rancho Mirage:
- PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL (about 7 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: PSP)
- MARCH ARB (about 58 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; ID: RIV)
- SAN BERNARDINO INTERNATIONAL (about 61 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; ID: SBD)
Other public-use airports nearest to Rancho Mirage:
- BERMUDA DUNES (about 11 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: UDD)
- DESERT RESORTS REGIONAL (about 22 miles; PALM SPRINGS, CA; ID: TRM)
- YUCCA VALLEY (about 24 miles; YUCCA VALLEY, CA; ID: L22)
Amtrak stations near Rancho Mirage:
- 4 miles: PALM DESERT (MONTEREY AVE. & SAN GORGONIO WAY) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 10 miles: PALM SPRINGS (300 N. INDIAN AVE.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 13 miles: PALM SPRINGS - NORTH (PALM SPRINGS, INDIAN CANYON DR. @ I-10). Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public restrooms, public payphones.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2004)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Parks and Recreation ||2 ||$8,198 ||$49,188 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||14 ||$79,912 ||$68,496 ||0 ||$0 |
|Local Libraries ||8 ||$32,417 ||$48,625 ||26 ||$17,302 |
|Housing and Community Development(Local) ||3 ||$19,775 ||$79,100 ||0 ||$0 |
|Financial Administration ||6 ||$31,855 ||$63,710 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||14 ||$71,351 ||$61,158 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||30 ||$164,881 ||$65,952 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||77 ||$408,390 ||$63,645 ||26 ||$17,302 |College/University in Rancho Mirage:
- ACADEMY FOR INSTRUCTION IN MIND MOTIVATION (Location: 10 VENUS DR; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rancho Mirage:
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT (about 5 miles; PALM DESERT, CA; Full-time enrollment: 3,804)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-RIVERSIDE (about 26 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 12,213)
- MOUNT SAN JACINTO COLLEGE (about 37 miles; SAN JACINTO, CA; FT enrollment: 4,731)
- CRAFTON HILLS COLLEGE (about 47 miles; YUCAIPA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,722)
- UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS (about 56 miles; REDLANDS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,106)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SAN DIEGO (about 60 miles; LA JOLLA, CA; FT enrollment: 19,582)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SAN MARCOS (about 60 miles; SAN MARCOS, CA; FT enrollment: 4,875)
Private high school in Rancho Mirage:
- THE PALM VALLEY SCHOOL (Students: 289; Location: 35525 DA VALL DRIVE; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Rancho Mirage:
- RANCHO MIRAGE ELEMENTARY (Students: 624; Location: 42-985 INDIAN TRAIL ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle school in Rancho Mirage:
- MARYWOOD COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL (Students: 201; Location: 72-850 CLANCY LANE; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in Rancho Mirage:
- RANCHO MIRAGE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,562,020; Location: 42-520 BOB HOPE DR.; 49,305 books; 4,803 audio materials; 3,254 video materials; 1,317 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in Rancho Mirage: Anneberg Golf Course (A), Rancho las Palmas Country Club (B), Rancho Mirage Country Club (C), Rancho Las Arenas (D), Morningside Country Club (E), Pete Dye Resort Golf Course (F), Thunderbird Country Club (G), Mission Hills Country Club (H), Mission Hills North Golf Course (I), The Springs Country Club (J), Tamarisk Country Club (K), Sunrise Country Club (L), Snyder Date Gardens (M), Desert Island Country Club (N), Dinah Shore Golf Course (O), Childrens Museum (P), Del E Webb Memorial Medical Information Center (Q), Rancho Mirage Chamber of Commerce (R), Rancho Mirage City Hall (S), Rancho Mirage Public Library (T).
Shopping Centers: Monterey Shore Shopping Center (1), Rancho las Palmas Shopping Center (2), Rancho Mirage Plaza Shopping Center (3).
Parks in Rancho Mirage include: Wolfson Park (1), Whitewater Park (2), Magnesia Canyon Ecological Reserve (3), Bloch Cancer Survivors Park (4).
Post office: (A).
Rancho Mirage compared to California state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Rancho Mirage:
- KNWQ (1140 AM; 10 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KXPS (1010 AM; 4 kW; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KCMJ (1270 AM; 5 kW; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KPSI (920 AM; 5 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R & R RADIO CORPORATION)
- KWXY (1340 AM; 1 kW; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: GLEN BARNETT, INC.)
- KGAM (1450 AM; 1 kW; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R & R RADIO CORPORATION)
- KNWZ (970 AM; 5 kW; COACHELLA, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KFMB (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: MIDWEST TELEVISION, INC.)
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
- KCBQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN DIEGO, CA; Owner: RADIO 1210, INC.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KESQ (1400 AM; 1 kW; INDIO, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST CO.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Rancho Mirage:
- KLOB (94.7 FM; THOUSAND PALMS, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K280CV (103.9 FM; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KEZN (103.1 FM; PALM DESERT, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KHCS (91.7 FM; PALM DESERT, CA; Owner: PRAIRIE AVENUE GOSPEL CENTER)
- KMRJ (99.5 FM; RANCHO MIRAGE, CA; Owner: DANIEL P. MITCHELL)
- KDES-FM (104.7 FM; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: R & R RADIO CORPORATION)
- KWXY-FM (98.5 FM; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: GLEN BARNETT, INC.)
- KATY-FM (101.3 FM; IDYLLWILD, CA; Owner: ALL PRO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLRD (90.1 FM; YUCAIPA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K201AR (88.1 FM; BANNING, CA; Owner: KSGN, INC.)
- K232CX (94.3 FM; DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KYOR (106.9 FM; YUCCA VALLEY, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KCLB-FM (93.7 FM; COACHELLA, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KCRI (89.3 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KJJZ (102.3 FM; INDIO, CA; Owner: R M BROADCASTING L.L.C.)
- KUNA-FM (96.7 FM; LA QUINTA, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
- KPSC (88.5 FM; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
- KRTM (88.9 FM; TEMECULA, CA; Owner: PENFOLD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLVJ (100.1 FM; JULIAN, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KUOR-FM (89.1 FM; REDLANDS, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS)
TV broadcast stations around Rancho Mirage:
- KESQ-TV (Channel 42; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: GULF-CALIFORNIA BROADCAST COMPANY)
- KYAV-LP (Channel 12; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: JDF INVESTMENT CO. LLC)
- KVPS-LP (Channel 8; INDIO, CA; Owner: VALCOM BROADCASTING LLC)
- KMIR-TV (Channel 36; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- K25GW (Channel 25; INDIO, CA; Owner: DESERT SPRINGS, INC.)
- KPSP-LP (Channel 58; CATHEDRAL CITY-PALM, CA; Owner: DESERT TELEVISION LLC)
- KVES-LP (Channel 28; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KDPX-LP (Channel 45; CATHEDRAL CITY, CA; Owner: CHARLES R. MEEKER)
- K21DO (Channel 21; PALM SPRINGS/INDIO, CA; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K66BM (Channel 66; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- KPSE-LP (Channel 50; PALM SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MIRAGE MEDIA, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.