Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 185,401. Estimated population in July 2005: 198,550 (+7.1% change)
Males: 91,150 (49.2%), Females: 94,251 (50.8%)
San Bernardino County
Median resident age: 27.6 years
Median household income: $31,140 (year 2000)
Median house value: $98,700 (year 2000)
San Bernardino, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in San Bernardino:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (47.5%)
- White Non-Hispanic (28.9%)
- Other race (27.1%)
- Black (16.4%)
- Two or more races (5.3%)
- American Indian (2.5%)
- Other Asian (1.2%)
- Filipino (1.0%)
- Vietnamese (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (6.6%), Irish (4.5%), English (4.3%), United States (3.1%), Italian (2.5%), French (1.6%).
New! Bernardino, California forum
Elevation: 1200 feet
Land area: 58.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in San Bernardino
- High school or higher: 64.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 11.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in San Bernardino city
- Never married: 33.0%
- Now married: 46.9%
- Separated: 3.6%
- Widowed: 5.6%
- Divorced: 10.9%
20.6% Foreign born (16.0% Latin America, 3.4% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +11,880 (+6.8%).
Maps & Weather - Local Info Including Maps, Driving Directions and More! />
Homes For Sale - A Complete List of Homes. Free Search for Homes in California />
Bernardino La Quinta - Great Deals for La Quinta Inn. Make Your Reservation Online Now! />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Riverside, (14.4 miles pop. 255,166).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (74.5 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: CA Muscoy, (4.1 miles CA (4.9 miles Colton, CA (6.3 miles Rialto, CA Highland, (6.3 miles Linda, CA Loma (6.3 miles Terrace, CA Grand (7.0 miles CA Crestline, (7.8 miles CA (8.3 miles Highgrove,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 108 buildings, average cost: $120,700
- 1998: 137 buildings, average cost: $125,500
- 1999: 120 buildings, average cost: $125,500
- 2000: 76 buildings, average cost: $132,800
- 2001: 144 buildings, average cost: $138,600
- 2002: 310 buildings, average cost: $132,700
- 2003: 185 buildings, average cost: $137,300
- 2004: 296 buildings, average cost: $150,400
Latitude: 34.13 N, Longitude: 117.29 W
Area code: 909
San Bernardino, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.1%), Retail trade (13.1%), Manufacturing (10.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +17,660 (+9.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 23,593 (38.9%)
Crime in San Bernardino by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||23 ||32 ||30 ||42 ||48 ||50 |
| per 100,000 ||12.4 ||17.3 ||16.2 ||22.7 ||25.9 ||27.0 |
|Rapes ||81 ||99 ||89 ||102 ||120 ||96 |
| per 100,000 ||43.7 ||53.4 ||48.0 ||55.0 ||64.7 ||51.8 |
|Robberies ||709 ||663 ||829 ||886 ||1,032 ||959 |
| per 100,000 ||382.4 ||357.6 ||447.1 ||477.9 ||556.6 ||517.3 |
|Assaults ||1,207 ||1,310 ||1,449 ||1,454 ||1,664 ||1,530 |
| per 100,000 ||651.0 ||706.6 ||781.5 ||784.2 ||897.5 ||825.2 |
|Burglaries ||2,570 ||2,201 ||2,299 ||2,340 ||2,524 ||2,543 |
| per 100,000 ||1386.2 ||1187.2 ||1240.0 ||1262.1 ||1361.4 ||1371.6 |
|Thefts ||5,524 ||5,599 ||5,868 ||6,226 ||6,401 ||5,508 |
| per 100,000 ||2979.5 ||3019.9 ||3165.0 ||3358.1 ||3452.5 ||2970.9 |
|Auto thefts ||1,795 ||1,966 ||2,239 ||2,705 ||3,313 ||3,248 |
| per 100,000 ||968.2 ||1060.4 ||1207.7 ||1459.0 ||1786.9 ||1751.9 |
| ||568.5 ||575.9 ||635.8 ||684.3 ||774.6 ||722.9 |
Average climate in San Bernardino, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Edith Head - (1907-1981), costumer, Gene Hackman - (born 1931), actor, Darrell May - 2005 Major League Baseball player (New York Yankees, born: Jun 13, 1972), Jeremy Stevenson - NHL player (Nashville Predators, born: Jul 28, 1974), Ryan Nece - 2005 NFL player (Tampa Bay Buccaneers, born: Feb 24, 1979), Shawn Estes - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Arizona Diamondbacks, born: Feb 18, 1973), Aleem Harris - College football player (New Mexico Lobos), Alvin Reed - College basketball player (Colgate Red Raiders), Antoine Wright - College basketball player (Texas A&M Aggies), Blake Walker - College basketball player (Portland State Vikings).
Hospitals/medical centers in San Bernardino:
- COMMUNITY HOSPITAL OF SAN BERNARDINO (1805 MEDICAL CENTER DRIVE)
- ST BERNARDINE MEDICAL CENTER (2101 N WATERMAN AVE)
- SUN HEALTH ROBERT H BALLARD REHAB HOSP (1760 WEST 16TH ST)
Political contributions by individuals in San Bernardino, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to San Bernardino:
- SAN BERNARDINO INTERNATIONAL (about 6 miles; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; ID: SBD)
- MARCH ARB (about 19 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; ID: RIV)
- ONTARIO INTL (about 22 miles; ONTARIO, CA; ID: ONT)
Other public-use airports nearest to San Bernardino:
- RIALTO MUNI /MIRO FLD/ (about 8 miles; RIALTO, CA; ID: L67)
- REDLANDS MUNI (about 12 miles; REDLANDS, CA; ID: L12)
- FLABOB (about 13 miles; RIVERSIDE/RUBIDOUX/, CA; ID: RIR)
SAN BERNADINO (1170 W. 3RD ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2004)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Water Supply ||221 ||$936,642 ||$50,858 ||16 ||$19,040 |Colleges/Universities in San Bernardino:
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SAN BERNARDINO (Full-time enrollment: 11,953; Location: 5500 UNIVERSITY PKY; Public; Website: www.csusb.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- SAN BERNARDINO VALLEY COLLEGE (FT enrollment: 6,100; Location: 701 S MT VERNON AVE; Public; Website: www.sbccd.cc.ca.us.)
- SKADRON COLLEGE (FT enrollment: 850; Location: 295 E CAROLINE ST, STE. D; Private, for-profit; Website: www.cci.edu)
- ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (FT enrollment: 815; Location: 630 E BRIER DRIVE STE 150; Private, for-profit; Website: www.itt-tech.edu)
- CONCORDE CAREER INSTITUTE (FT enrollment: 551; Location: 570 W 4TH ST STE 107; Private, for-profit; Website: concordecareercolleges.com)
- UNITED EDUCATION INSTITUTE-SAN BERNARDINO CAMPUS (FT enrollment: 133; Location: 295 Esat Caroline Street, Suite E; Private, for-profit; Website: www.ueiglobal.com)
- MARINELLO SCHOOL OF BEAUTY (FT enrollment: 91; Location: 721E W 2ND ST; Private, for-profit; Website: www.marinello.com)
- HAIR MASTERS UNIVERSITY (FT enrollment: 42; Location: 208 W HIGHLAND AVE; Private, for-profit)
- ROSSTON SCHOOL OF MENS HAIR DESIGN (Location: 673 W 5TH ST; Private, for-profit)
- RANDS SYSTEM INC (Location: 1814 COMMERCENTER W STE H; Private, for-profit)
- REALTY INSTITUTE (Location: 2086 SOUTH E ST; Private, for-profit; Website: WWW.REALTYINST.COM)
- SAN BERNARDINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT (Location: 441 W 8TH ST; Public)
- BMR TRAINING CENTERS (Location: 1808 COMMERCENTER W STE A; Private, for-profit)
- SECURITY OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY (Location: 136 S ARROWHEAD AVE; Private, for-profit)
- INTERNAL CONTROL (Location: 394 ORANGE SHOW LN; Private, for-profit)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near San Bernardino:
- UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS (about 11 miles; REDLANDS, CA; Full-time enrollment: 4,106)
- RIVERSIDE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 14 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 10,798)
- CRAFTON HILLS COLLEGE (about 19 miles; YUCAIPA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,722)
- CHAFFEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA; FT enrollment: 7,749)
- VICTOR VALLEY COLLEGE (about 26 miles; VICTORVILLE, CA; FT enrollment: 4,963)
- UNIVERSITY OF LA VERNE (about 34 miles; LA VERNE, CA; FT enrollment: 4,718)
- MOUNT SAN JACINTO COLLEGE (about 34 miles; SAN JACINTO, CA; FT enrollment: 4,731)
Public high schools in San Bernardino:
- ARROYO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 3,091; Location: 1881 WEST BASELINE STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
- SAN GORGONIO HIGH (Students: 3,043; Location: 2299 E. PACIFIC AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- CAJON HIGH (Students: 2,577; Location: 1200 HILL DR.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PACIFIC HIGH (Students: 2,560; Location: 1020 PACIFIC ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- SAN BERNARDINO HIGH (Students: 2,516; Location: 1850 NORTH E ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- SIERRA HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 581; Location: 570 E. NINTH ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PAL ACADEMY (Students: 158; Location: 2450 BLAKE ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- MIDDLE COLLEGE HIGH (Students: 153; Location: 701 S. MT. VERNON AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- YWCA ACADEMY (Students: 36; Location: 567 N. SIERRA WAY; Grades: 09 - 12)
- BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB ACADEMY (Students: 17; Location: 1180 WEST NINTH; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in San Bernardino:
- AQUINAS HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 311; Location: 2772 STERLING AVE; Grades: 9 - 12)
- GATEWAY EDUCATION CENTER (Students: 123; Location: 4380 FOURTH AVE; Grades: KG - 12)
- PETROS CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 67; Location: 985 KENDALL DR. NO. A-360; Grades: KG - 12)
- NORTH VALLEY SCHOOL (Students: 32; Location: 2915 N LITTLE MOUNTAIN DR; Grades: 4 - 12)
- REGENCY H S AT SHANDIN HILLS (Students: 18; Location: 4164 N. FOURTH AVE.; Grades: 6 - 12)
- ODELL YOUNG ALTERNATIVE (Students: 12; Location: 1302 E. MARSHALL BLVD.; Grades: 4 - 12; Boys only)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in San Bernardino:
- ARROWVIEW MIDDLE (Students: 2,261; Location: 2299 NORTH G ST.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SHANDIN HILLS MIDDLE (Students: 1,840; Location: 4301 LITTLE MOUNTAIN DR.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SPECIAL EDUCATION (Students: 1,788; Location: 601 N. E ST.; Grades: KG - 12)
- DEL VALLEJO MIDDLE (Students: 1,519; Location: 1885 E. LYNWOOD DR.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- KING (MARTIN LUTHER JR) MIDDLE (Students: 1,442; Location: 1250 N. MEDICAL CENTER DR.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- GOLDEN VALLEY MIDDLE (Students: 1,406; Location: 3800 WATERMAN AVE.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CURTIS MIDDLE (Students: 1,347; Location: 1472 E. SIXTH ST.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- LINCOLN ELEMENTARY (Students: 1,236; Location: 255 W. 13TH ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
- DEL ROSA ELEMENTARY (Students: 1,028; Location: 3395 MOUNTAIN AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- ROBERTS (E. NEAL) ELEMENTARY (Students: 1,011; Location: 494 E. NINTH ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
Biggest private primary/middle schools in San Bernardino:
- OUR LADY ASSUMPTION ELEM SCH (Students: 284; Location: 796 WEST 48TH STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- ST ANTHONY SCHOOL (Students: 270; Location: 1510 WEST 16TH STREET; Grades: KG - 8)
- DEL ROSA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 236; Location: 1333 EAST 39TH STREET; Grades: PK - 6)
- HOLY ROSARY SCHOOL (Students: 218; Location: 2620 NORTH ARROWHEAD; Grades: KG - 8)
- ST ANNE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 170; Location: 6886 DEL ROSA AVENUE; Grades: PK - 7)
- CONGREGATION EMANUEL CLRE CHER (Students: 170; Location: 3512 NORTH E STREET; Grades: PK - 6)
- VALLEY CHRISTIAN ELEM SCH (Students: 124; Location: 1671 NORTH SIERRA WAY; Grades: KG - 8)
- MULBERRY CHILD CARE (Students: 117; Location: 2155 E HIGHLAND; Grades: PK - KG)
- SAN BERNARDINO CHRISTIAN SCH (Students: 117; Location: 2898 NORTH G STREET; Grades: KG - 6)
- LA PETITE ACADEMY (Students: 101; Location: 855 E HOSPITALITY LN; Grades: PK - KG)
Libraries in San Bernardino:
- SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY LIBRARY (Operating income: $11,064,126; Location: 104 W. FOURTH ST.; 1,035,226 books; 34,509 audio materials; 33,775 video materials; 2,188 serial subscriptions)
- SAN BERNARDINO PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $2,666,435; Location: 555 W. SIXTH ST.; 233,729 books; 10,714 audio materials; 5,898 video materials; 503 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in San Bernardino: San Bernardino Public Golf Course (A), San Bernardino Golf Club (B), Arrowhead Country Club (C), Arrowhead Springs Station (D), Warm Creek Golf Course (E), Little Mountain Lookout (F), Kendall Curve (G), Palm Meadows Golf Course (H), Twin Creek Spreading Grounds (I), National Orange Show Grounds (J), Del Rosa Depot (K), Shandin Hills Golf Course (L), Santa Fe Railroad Yards (M), Rowe Branch San Bernardino Public Library (N), John M Pfau Library (O), Samaritan Counseling Center (P), Samuel E Adams Memorial Library (Q), San Bernardino Amtrack Station (R), San Bernardino City Hall (S), San Bernardino County Library (T).
Shopping Centers: Wildwood Plaza Shopping Center (1), Highland Avenue Plaza Shopping Center (2), Mountain Shadows Plaza Shopping Center (3), Westside Shopping Center (4), Highland Plaza Shopping Center (5), West Side Plaza Shopping Center (6), West Highland Shopping Center (7).
Churches in San Bernardino include: Golden Avenue Church (A), Allen Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church (B), Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (C), Grace Baptist Church (D), Our Lady of the Rosary Church (E), Templo Baptista (F), Tabernacle Evangelist Church (G), Holy Tabernacle Church (H).
Cemeteries: Indian Cemetery (1), Pioneer Memorial Cemetery (2), Home of Eternity Cemetery (3), Mountain View Cemetery (4), Campo Santo Cemetery (5), Gateway Pet Cemetery (6).
Reservoirs: Secombe Lake (A), Sweetwater Percolation Basin (B), Sycamore Percolation Basin (C), Waterman Percolation Basins (D), West Badger Percolation Basin (E), Wiggins Percolation Basin (F), Badger Percolation Basin (G), Devils Canyon Percolation Basins (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Lytle Creek (A), East Twin Creek (B), San Timoteo Wash (C), Sand Creek (D), City Creek (E).
Parks in San Bernardino include: Plaza Park (1), Pioneer Park (2), Perris Hill Park (3), Dellman Heights Park (4), Wildwood Park (5), Del Vallejo Park (6), Lytle Creek Park (7), Belcher Park (8), Palm Field Park (9).
Post offices: Downtown Station San Bernardino Post Office (A), Del Rosa Station San Bernardino Post Office (B), Upton Station San Bernardino Post Office (C), Westside Station San Bernardino Post Office (D), Norton Air Force Base Station San Bernardino Post Office (E), Northfork Station San Bernardino Post Office (F).
San Bernardino compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in San Bernardino:
- KTDD (1350 AM; 5 kW; SAN BERNARDINO, CA)
- KKDD (1290 AM; 5 kW; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KRLH (590 AM; 2 kW; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KPLS (830 AM; 50 kW; ORANGE, CA; Owner: CRN LICENSES, LLC)
- KEZY (1240 AM; 1 kW; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Owner: HI-FAVOR BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KCAL (1410 AM; 5 kW; REDLANDS, CA; Owner: LAZER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KHPY (1670 AM; 10 kW; MORENO VALLEY, CA; Owner: DELBERT L. VAN VOORHIS)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KTNQ (1020 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KTNQ-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KDIS (1110 AM; 50 kW; PASADENA, CA; Owner: ABC,INC.)
- KXTA (1150 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPRO (1570 AM; 5 kW; RIVERSIDE, CA; Owner: OLIVE L. SHERBAN)
Strongest FM radio stations in San Bernardino:
- KUOR-FM (89.1 FM; REDLANDS, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF REDLANDS)
- K295AI (106.9 FM; MUSCOY, CA; Owner: ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY EDUCATION, INC.)
- KCXX (103.9 FM; LAKE ARROWHEAD, CA; Owner: ALL-PRO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOLA (99.9 FM; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Owner: INLAND EMPIRE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KUCR (88.3 FM; RIVERSIDE, CA; Owner: THE REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF CA)
- KVCR (91.9 FM; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Owner: SAN BERNARDINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KFRG (95.1 FM; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KGGI (99.1 FM; RIVERSIDE, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KLYY (97.5 FM; RIVERSIDE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K201CD (88.1 FM; VICTORVILLE, CA; Owner: SAN BERNARDINO COMMNTY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KLRD (90.1 FM; YUCAIPA, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KCAL-FM (96.7 FM; REDLANDS, CA; Owner: SBR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KSGN (89.7 FM; RIVERSIDE, CA; Owner: KSGN, INC.)
- K264AF (100.7 FM; GUASTI, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K201AR (88.1 FM; BANNING, CA; Owner: KSGN, INC.)
- K232CX (94.3 FM; DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KRTM (88.9 FM; TEMECULA, CA; Owner: PENFOLD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KWVE (107.9 FM; SAN CLEMENTE, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF COSTA MESA)
- KHMS (88.5 FM; VICTORVILLE, CA; Owner: FAITH COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KCBS-FM (93.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around San Bernardino:
- KHIZ (Channel 64; BARSTOW, CA; Owner: SUNBELT TELEVISION, INC.)
- KTRO-LP (Channel 50; LANCASTER, CA; Owner: ROBERT D. ADELMAN)
- KVCR-TV (Channel 24; SAN BERNARDINO, CA; Owner: SAN BERNARDINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KSGA-LP (Channel 59; SANTA BARBARA, CA; Owner: KJLA, LLC)
- KBLM-LP (Channel 25; RIVERSIDE/PERRIS, CA; Owner: LOUIS MARTINEZ FAMILY GROUP, LLC)
- KTBN1 (Channel 40; LAKE ARROWHEAD, CA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.