Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 40,165. Estimated population in July 2005: 39,752 (-1.0% change)
Males: 19,822 (49.4%), Females: 20,343 (50.6%)
San Mateo County
Median resident age: 36.3 years
Median household income: $62,081 (year 2000)
Median house value: $385,100 (year 2000)
San Bruno, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in San Bruno:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (46.9%)
- Hispanic (24.1%)
- Other race (10.8%)
- Filipino (7.7%)
- Two or more races (7.5%)
- Chinese (5.4%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (2.9%)
- Asian Indian (2.2%)
- Black (2.0%)
- Japanese (1.2%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Korean (1.2%)
- Other Asian (0.8%)
Ancestries: Irish (11.8%), Italian (10.8%), German (9.1%), English (5.4%), French (2.6%), United States (2.2%).
New! Bruno, California forum
Elevation: 16 feet
Land area: 5.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in San Bruno
- High school or higher: 84.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.7%
- Unemployed: 2.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in San Bruno city
- Never married: 28.2%
- Now married: 54.5%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 10.0%
32.4% Foreign born (12.4% Asia, 11.6% Latin America, 4.5% Europe, 3.4% Oceania).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,315 (+3.4%).
Quarters - Furnished Short Term Housing for 30 days or more in San Bruno /> California. />
Mateo County Homes - you're looking to buy or sell Be sure to consult the Expert! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: San Francisco, CA (2.1 miles South pop. 60,552).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Francisco, CA San (9.3 miles www.House-Real-Estate.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (370.6 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: San Francisco, CA (2.1 miles South CA Millbrae, (2.4 miles CA Pacifica, (4.1 miles CA Colma, (4.2 miles CA (4.5 miles Brisbane, CA (5.1 miles Burlingame, City, CA (5.3 miles Daly CA (5.9 miles Broadmoor,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 1 building, cost: $225,000
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $218,300
- 1998: 0 buildings
- 1999: 14 buildings, average cost: $242,600
- 2000: 0 buildings
- 2001: 0 buildings
- 2002: 14 buildings, average cost: $240,100
- 2003: 27 buildings, average cost: $258,100
- 2004: 101 buildings, average cost: $260,000
Latitude: 37.63 N, Longitude: 122.43 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 650
San Bruno, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (14.1%), Retail trade (13.4%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.6%), Transportation and warehousing,and utilities (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -5,392 (-13.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,940 (14.0%)
Crime in San Bruno by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||1 ||0 ||1 ||5 ||1 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||2.5 ||0.0 ||2.5 ||12.4 ||2.5 ||2.5 |
|Rapes ||6 ||7 ||11 ||14 ||9 ||9 |
| per 100,000 ||14.9 ||17.4 ||27.4 ||34.9 ||22.4 ||22.4 |
|Robberies ||27 ||29 ||34 ||31 ||23 ||51 |
| per 100,000 ||67.2 ||72.2 ||84.7 ||77.2 ||57.3 ||127.0 |
|Assaults ||28 ||45 ||56 ||46 ||56 ||54 |
| per 100,000 ||69.7 ||112.0 ||139.4 ||114.5 ||139.4 ||134.4 |
|Burglaries ||131 ||66 ||105 ||127 ||155 ||127 |
| per 100,000 ||326.2 ||164.3 ||261.4 ||316.2 ||385.9 ||316.2 |
|Thefts ||714 ||694 ||706 ||840 ||649 ||660 |
| per 100,000 ||1777.7 ||1727.9 ||1757.7 ||2091.4 ||1615.8 ||1643.2 |
|Auto thefts ||111 ||143 ||136 ||158 ||164 ||205 |
| per 100,000 ||276.4 ||356.0 ||338.6 ||393.4 ||408.3 ||510.4 |
| ||158.6 ||160.1 ||182.4 ||209.7 ||180.8 ||205.1 |
Average climate in San Bruno, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Suzanne Somers - (born 1946), actress.
Hospitals/medical centers near San Bruno:
- KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITAL (about 2 miles; SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA)
- MILLS-PENINSULA HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; BURLINGAME, CA)
- SETON MEDICAL CENTER (about 6 miles; DALY CITY, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in San Bruno, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to San Bruno:
- SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL (about 5 miles; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; ID: SFO)
- METROPOLITAN OAKLAND INTL (about 16 miles; OAKLAND, CA; ID: OAK)
- BUCHANAN FIELD (about 36 miles; CONCORD, CA; ID: CCR)
Other public-use airports nearest to San Bruno:
- HALF MOON BAY (about 11 miles; HALF MOON BAY, CA; ID: HAF)
- SAN CARLOS (about 16 miles; SAN CARLOS, CA; ID: SQL)
- HAYWARD EXECUTIVE (about 22 miles; HAYWARD, CA; ID: HWD)
SAN FRANCISCO INT'L AIRPO (SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, car rental agency, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government website:
College/University in San Bruno:
- SKYLINE COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 4,335; Location: 3300 COLLEGE DR; Public; Website: skylinecollege.net)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near San Bruno:
- CITY COLLEGE OF SAN FRANCISCO (about 7 miles; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 17,819)
- SAN FRANCISCO STATE UNIVERSITY (about 8 miles; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; FT enrollment: 21,373)
- COLLEGE OF SAN MATEO (about 9 miles; SAN MATEO, CA; FT enrollment: 5,619)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SAN FRANCISCO (about 10 miles; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; FT enrollment: 3,517)
- UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO (about 11 miles; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; FT enrollment: 7,199)
- ACADEMY OF ART COLLEGE (about 12 miles; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; FT enrollment: 4,548)
- GOLDEN GATE UNIVERSITY-SAN FRANCISCO (about 12 miles; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; FT enrollment: 3,092)
Public high schools in San Bruno:
- CAPUCHINO HIGH (Students: 1,149; Location: 1501 MAGNOLIA DR.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PENINSULA HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 229; Location: 300 PIEDMONT; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in San Bruno:
- PARKSIDE INTERMEDIATE (Students: 617; Location: 1801 NILES AVE.; Grades: 07 - 08)
- MONTE VERDE ELEMENTARY (Students: 464; Location: 2551 ST. CLOUD DR.; Grades: KG - 05)
- BELLE AIR ELEMENTARY (Students: 431; Location: 450 THIRD AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- ALLEN (DECIMA M.) ELEMENTARY (Students: 417; Location: 875 W. ANGUS AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- JOHN MUIR ELEMENTARY (Students: 373; Location: 130 CAMBRIDGE LANE; Grades: KG - 06)
- LOMITA PARK ELEMENTARY (Students: 254; Location: 200 SANTA HELENA AVE.; Grades: KG - 05)
- ROLLINGWOOD ELEMENTARY (Students: 239; Location: 2500 COTTONWOOD DR.; Grades: KG - 06)
- CRESTMOOR ELEMENTARY (Students: 235; Location: 2322 CRESTMOOR DR.; Grades: KG - 06)
- PORTOLA ELEMENTARY (Students: 206; Location: 300 AMADOR AVE.; Grades: KG - 06)
- EL CRYSTAL ELEMENTARY (Students: 199; Location: 201 N. BALBOA WAY; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in San Bruno:
- HIGHLANDS CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS (Students: 770; Location: 1900 MONTEREY DR; Grades: PK - 8)
- HAPPY HALL SCHOOL INC. (Students: 147; Location: 233 SANTA INEZ AVE; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in San Bruno:
- SAN BRUNO PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,572,139; Location: 701 ANGUS AVE. W.; 102,370 books; 4,921 audio materials; 3,267 video materials; 278 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in San Bruno: San Bruno City Hall (A), San Bruno Public Library (B).
Shopping Centers: San Bruno Towne Center Shopping Center (1), Bayhill Shopping Center (2), Portola Highlands Plaza Shopping Center (3), Mills Park Shopping Center (4), Tanforan Park Shopping Center (5), Skycrest Shopping Center (6).
Churches in San Bruno include: First Baptist Church (A), First Church of Christ Scientist (B), Saint Johns Evangelical Church (C), Saint Brunos Roman Catholic Church (D), Saint Andrews Episcopal Church of Millbrae-San Bruno (E), Church of God (F), Church of the Nazarene (G), Community Methodist Church (H).
Cemetery: Golden Gate National Cemetery (1).
Creek: San Bruno Creek (A).
Parks in San Bruno include: Herman Park (1), Bayshore Circle Park (2), Belle Air Park (3), Pacific Heights Park (4), Fleetwood Park (5), Forest Lane Park (6), Buckeye Park (7), North Park (8), Glenview Park (9).
Post office: (A).
San Bruno compared to California state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in San Bruno:
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KYCY (1550 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KIQI (1010 AM; 35 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF SAN FRANCISCO LICENSE CORP.)
- KTCT (1050 AM; 50 kW; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- KFAX (1100 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: GOLDEN GATE BROADCASTING CO, INC.)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KSFO (560 AM; 5 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KOIT (1260 AM; 5 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KNEW (910 AM; 20 kW; OAKLAND, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KFRC (610 AM; 5 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF LOS ANGELES)
- KABL (960 AM; 5 kW; OAKLAND, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in San Bruno:
- KFRC-FM (99.7 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY KFRC-FM, INC.)
- KYLD (94.9 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KBLX-FM (102.9 FM; BERKELEY, CA; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS - CA, INC.)
- KSAN (107.7 FM; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- KZBR (95.7 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KMEL (106.1 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KQED-FM (88.5 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KQED, INC.)
- KIOI (101.3 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KITS (105.3 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KOIT-FM (96.5 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KKSF (103.7 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFOG (104.5 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KFFG LICO, INC)
- KSOL (98.9 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: TMS LICENSE CALIFORNIA, INC)
- KALW (91.7 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DIST.)
- KBAY (93.3 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF SAN FRANCISCO)
- KDFC-FM (102.1 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KSFB-FM (100.7 FM; SAN RAFAEL, CA; Owner: GOLDEN GATE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KKSF-FM1 (103.7 FM; PLEASANTON, ETC., CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KISQ (98.1 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KEAR (106.9 FM; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around San Bruno:
- KQED (Channel 9; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KQED, INC.)
- KCSM-TV (Channel 60; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SAN MATEO COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KGO-TV (Channel 7; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO TELEVISION, INC.)
- KPIX-TV (Channel 5; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- KTVU (Channel 2; OAKLAND, CA; Owner: KTVU PARTNERSHIP)
- KRON-TV (Channel 4; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF SAN FRANCISCO, INC.)
- KMTP-TV (Channel 32; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: MINORITY TELEVISION PROJECT)
- KBHK-TV (Channel 44; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: VIACOM TELEVISION STATIONS GROUP OF SAN FRANCISCO INC.)
- KBWB (Channel 20; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KBWB LICENSE, INC.)
- KFSF (Channel 66; VALLEJO, CA; Owner: TELEFUTURA SAN FRANCISCO LLC)
- KCNS (Channel 38; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: WRAY, INC.)
- KTSF (Channel 26; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: LINCOLN BROADCASTING COMPANY, A CALIFORNIA LP)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.