Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,385. Estimated population in July 2005: 11,154 (-2.0% change)
Males: 5,544 (48.7%), Females: 5,841 (51.3%)
Santa Cruz County
Median resident age: 38.3 years
Median household income: $72,449 (year 2000)
Median house value: $447,900 (year 2000)
Scotts Valley, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Scotts Valley:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (85.1%)
- Hispanic (6.4%)
- Two or more races (3.5%)
- Other race (2.2%)
- Chinese (1.2%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Asian Indian (1.1%)
- Japanese (0.7%)
- Filipino (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (21.4%), English (15.7%), Irish (13.8%), Italian (10.5%), Scottish (4.7%), Swedish (4.2%).
New! Valley, California forum
Elevation: 570 feet
Land area: 4.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Scotts Valley
- High school or higher: 94.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 40.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.1%
- Unemployed: 2.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Scotts Valley city
- Never married: 20.8%
- Now married: 59.5%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 8.9%
- Divorced: 9.0%
10.6% Foreign born (4.1% Europe, 3.8% Asia, 1.4% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +2,675 (+30.7%).
Attractions - info on Tourist Attractions & Sightseeing. Find any spot here. />
Cruz Guatemala - house for rent, right on the shore of Lake Atitlan. Info />
Cruz Hotels - Hotel Rates & Availability. Read Real Reviews & Book Online! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Cruz, CA Santa (5.6 miles Yahoo.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Jose, CA San (20.0 miles pop. 894,943).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (323.3 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: CA Felton, (2.9 miles Lomond, CA Ben (5.3 miles Oak, CA (5.3 miles Live Cruz, CA Santa (5.6 miles Lakes, CA (6.2 miles Twin CA Soquel, (6.4 miles CA Capitola, (6.6 miles Cliffs, CA (6.9 miles Opal
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 101 buildings, average cost: $193,100
- 1997: 113 buildings, average cost: $243,600
- 1998: 25 buildings, average cost: $250,400
- 1999: 29 buildings, average cost: $278,900
- 2000: 16 buildings, average cost: $329,600
- 2001: 11 buildings, average cost: $365,700
- 2002: 14 buildings, average cost: $205,900
- 2003: 26 buildings, average cost: $262,200
- 2004: 26 buildings, average cost: $378,600
Latitude: 37.05 N, Longitude: 122.01 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 831
Scotts Valley, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.4%), Manufacturing (18.1%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (14.3%), Retail trade (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,795 (+24.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,484 (27.3%)
Crime in Scotts Valley by Year
|Type ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||2 ||1 ||1 ||4 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||17.6 ||8.8 ||8.8 ||35.1 ||17.6 |
|Robberies ||4 ||3 ||1 ||4 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||35.1 ||26.4 ||8.8 ||35.1 ||26.4 |
|Assaults ||38 ||34 ||10 ||14 ||10 |
| per 100,000 ||333.8 ||298.6 ||87.8 ||123.0 ||87.8 |
|Burglaries ||67 ||70 ||45 ||64 ||35 |
| per 100,000 ||588.5 ||614.8 ||395.3 ||562.1 ||307.4 |
|Thefts ||252 ||281 ||260 ||264 ||220 |
| per 100,000 ||2213.4 ||2468.2 ||2283.7 ||2318.8 ||1932.4 |
|Auto thefts ||8 ||16 ||12 ||13 ||10 |
| per 100,000 ||70.3 ||140.5 ||105.4 ||114.2 ||87.8 |
| ||219.7 ||224.2 ||151.2 ||190.4 ||138.3 |
Average climate in Scotts Valley, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Main business address for: RAINMAKER SYSTEMS INC (SERVICES-MANAGEMENT SERVICES), BORLAND SOFTWARE CORP (SERVICES-PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE).
Hospitals/medical centers near Scotts Valley:
- DOMINICAN HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; SANTA CRUZ, CA)
- SUTTER MATERNITY AND SURGERY CENTER (about 4 miles; SANTA CRUZ, CA)
- COMMUNITY HOSP LOS GATOS (about 13 miles; LOS GATOS, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Scotts Valley, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Scotts Valley:
- NORMAN Y. MINETA SAN JOSE INTERNATIONAL (about 22 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; ID: SJC)
- MONTEREY PENINSULA (about 35 miles; MONTEREY, CA; ID: MRY)
- SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL (about 46 miles; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; ID: SFO)
Other public-use airports nearest to Scotts Valley:
- WATSONVILLE MUNI (about 18 miles; WATSONVILLE, CA; ID: WVI)
- REID-HILLVIEW OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY (about 23 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; ID: RHV)
- PALO ALTO ARPT OF SANTA CLARA CO (about 29 miles; PALO ALTO, CA; ID: PAO)
Amtrak station near Scotts Valley:
- 6 miles: SANTA CRUZ (920 PACIFIC AVE.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, public transit connection.
Local government website:
College/University in Scotts Valley:
- BETHANY COLLEGE OF THE ASSEMBLIES OF GOD (Full-time enrollment: 433; Location: 800 BETHANY DR; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.bethany.edu; Offers Master's degree)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Scotts Valley:
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-SANTA CRUZ (about 5 miles; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Full-time enrollment: 11,773)
- CABRILLO COLLEGE (about 10 miles; APTOS, CA; FT enrollment: 6,638)
- WEST VALLEY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; SARATOGA, CA; FT enrollment: 5,880)
- DE ANZA COLLEGE (about 19 miles; CUPERTINO, CA; FT enrollment: 13,197)
- SAN JOSE CITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; FT enrollment: 5,713)
- SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; SAN JOSE, CA; FT enrollment: 20,861)
- SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; SANTA CLARA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,229)
Public high school in Scotts Valley:
- SCOTTS VALLEY HIGH (Students: 767; Location: 555 GLENWOOD DR.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Scotts Valley:
- SCOTTS VALLEY MIDDLE (Students: 752; Location: 8 BEAN CREEK ROAD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- VINE HILL ELEMENTARY (Students: 605; Location: 151 VINE HILL SCHOOL ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle school in Scotts Valley:
- BAYMONTE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 452; Location: 5000 B GRANITE CREEK ROAD; Grades: KG - 8)
| || |
Notable locations in Scotts Valley: Valley Garden Golf Course (A), Sequoia Industrial Park (B), Scotts Valley Branch Santa Cruz City-County Library (C), Scotts Valley Chamber of Commerce (D), Scotts Valley City Hall (E).
Shopping Centers: Graham Plaza Shopping Center (1), Kings Village Shopping Center (2), Camp Evers Shopping Center (3), Scotts Village Shopping Center (4), Scotts Valley Square Shopping Center (5), Santas Village Shopping Center (6).
Churches in Scotts Valley include: Scotts Valley First Baptist Church (A), Scotts Valley Community Bible Church (B), San Augustin Catholic Church (C), Community Foursquare Church of Scotts Valley (D).
Reservoir: Spring Lakes (A).
Parks in Scotts Valley include: Siltanen Community Park (1), Lodato Park (2), MacDorsa Park (3), Bethany Park (4).
Post office: (A).
Scotts Valley compared to California state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Scotts Valley:
- KSCO (1080 AM; 10 kW; SANTA CRUZ, CA)
- KLOK (1170 AM; 50 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KTCT (1050 AM; 50 kW; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- KFAX (1100 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: GOLDEN GATE BROADCASTING CO, INC.)
- KYCY (1550 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KOMY (1340 AM; 1 kW; LA SELVA BEACH, CA; Owner: ZWERLING BROADCASTING SYSTEM, LTD)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSJX (1500 AM; 10 kW; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING INC)
- KYAA (1200 AM; 25 kW; SOQUEL, CA; Owner: PEOPLE'S RADIO, INC.)
- KIQI (1010 AM; 35 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF SAN FRANCISCO LICENSE CORP.)
- KSRK (540 AM; 10 kW; CARMEL VALLEY, CA; Owner: PEOPLE'S RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Scotts Valley:
- KTEE (93.7 FM; FELTON, CA; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- KSQL (99.1 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: TMS LICENSE CALIFORNIA, INC)
- KKUP (91.5 FM; CUPERTINO, CA; Owner: ASSURANCE SCIENCES FOUNDATION)
- KBRG (100.3 FM; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- K216AX (91.1 FM; LAUREL, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KZSC (88.1 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA)
- KSRI (90.7 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KBAA (94.5 FM; GILROY, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- K240CD (95.9 FM; SOQUEL, ETC., CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KUFX (98.5 FM; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KRTY (95.3 FM; LOS GATOS, CA; Owner: KRTY, LTD.)
- KFJC (89.7 FM; LOS ALTOS, CA; Owner: FOOTHILL-DE ANZA COMM. COLLEGE DIST.)
- KDON-FM (102.5 FM; SALINAS, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- K202DU (88.3 FM; SAN JUAN BAUTISTA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KBTU (93.5 FM; HOLLISTER, CA; Owner: MAPLETON COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- KUSP (88.9 FM; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: PATAPHYSICAL B/CING. FOUNDATION,INC.)
- K260AA (99.9 FM; CARMEL VALLEY, CA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KWAV (96.9 FM; MONTEREY, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING OF MONTEREY)
- KTOM-FM (100.7 FM; SALINAS, CA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KKSF-FM1 (103.7 FM; PLEASANTON, ETC., CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around Scotts Valley:
- KNTV (Channel 11; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: KNTV LICENSE, INC.)
- KQED (Channel 9; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KQED, INC.)
- KKPX (Channel 65; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: PAXSON SAN JOSE LICENSE, INC.)
- KBIT-CA (Channel 28; SAN FRANCISCO, ETC., CA; Owner: POLAR BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KICU-TV (Channel 36; SAN JOSE, CA; Owner: KTVU PARTNERSHIP)
- KTEH1 (Channel 54; SANTA CRUZ, CA; Owner: KTEH FOUNDATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.