Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,541
Males: 9,001 (66.5%), Females: 4,540 (33.5%)
Median resident age: 32.1 years
Median household income: $35,675 (year 2000)
Median house value: $103,800 (year 2000)
Susanville, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Susanville:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (64.4%)
- Hispanic (15.6%)
- Black (12.5%)
- American Indian (4.3%)
- Other race (3.5%)
- Two or more races (2.8%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (10.2%), Irish (10.1%), English (6.9%), Italian (4.0%), United States (3.0%), Dutch (2.4%).
New! California forum
Elevation: 4258 feet
Land area: 5.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Susanville
- High school or higher: 80.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 9.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 13.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Susanville city
- Never married: 15.0%
- Now married: 70.0%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 9.4%
1.3% Foreign born
Hotels - Susanville? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
and apartments - apartments, comfort intimacy down town Bucharest />
Lassen Lodging - Cascade CA Vacation Rentals Rent Direct and Save! />
Melbourne Apartments - City Selection! Short or Long Term, Furnished or Unfurnished. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NV Reno, (83.6 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Sacramento, (140.6 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (464.8 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: CA (25.7 miles Westwood, Taylorsville, CA (27.2 miles) , CA (28.4 miles Greenville, Mills, CA (28.8 miles Crescent East Shore, CA (32.0 miles) , Branch, CA (32.5 miles Hamilton Canyondam, CA (34.1 miles) , Indian Falls, CA (34.2 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 31 buildings, average cost: $85,400
- 1997: 24 buildings, average cost: $88,400
- 1998: 44 buildings, average cost: $88,500
- 1999: 45 buildings, average cost: $101,500
- 2000: 40 buildings, average cost: $95,100
- 2001: 38 buildings, average cost: $95,100
- 2002: 28 buildings, average cost: $114,400
- 2003: 30 buildings, average cost: $114,400
- 2004: 70 buildings, average cost: $138,900
Latitude: 40.42 N, Longitude: 120.65 W
Area code: 530
Susanville, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Public administration (30.1%), Educational,health and social services (24.5%), Retail trade (11.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,819 (+13.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,763 (74.0%)
Crime in Susanville (2001):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 5 rapes (36.3 per 100,000)
- 3 robberies (21.8 per 100,000)
- 42 assaults (304.5 per 100,000)
- 49 burglaries (355.3 per 100,000)
- 199 thefts (1442.8 per 100,000)
- 8 auto thefts (58.0 per 100,000) crime index = 172.3 (higher means more crime, US average = 330.8)
Crime in Susanville (2002):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 8 rapes (57.0 per 100,000)
- 4 robberies (28.5 per 100,000)
- 54 assaults (384.7 per 100,000)
- 74 burglaries (527.1 per 100,000)
- 261 thefts (1859.2 per 100,000)
- 6 auto thefts (42.7 per 100,000) crime index = 231.1 (higher means more crime, US average = 328.4)
Average climate in Susanville, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Mike Skinner - Nextel Cup series NASCAR driver (born: Jun 28, 1957).
Hospital/medical center in Susanville:
- LASSEN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (560 HOSPITAL LANE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Susanville:
- INDIAN VALLEY DISTRICT HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; GREENVILLE, CA)
- PLUMAS DISTRICT HOSPITAL (about 40 miles; QUINCY, CA)
- SENECA DISTRICT HOSPITAL (about 42 miles; CHESTER, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Susanville, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Susanville:
- RENO/TAHOE INTERNATIONAL (about 89 miles; RENO, NV; ID: RNO)
- CHICO MUNI (about 94 miles; CHICO, CA; ID: CIC)
- BEALE AFB (about 104 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; ID: BAB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Susanville:
- SUSANVILLE MUNI (about 7 miles; SUSANVILLE, CA; ID: SVE)
- SPAULDING (about 19 miles; SUSANVILLE, CA; ID: 1Q2)
- RAVENDALE (about 34 miles; RAVENDALE, CA; ID: O39)
College/University in Susanville:
- LASSEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,231; Location: HWY 139; Public; Website: www.lassen.cc.ca.us)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Susanville:
- UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA-RENO (about 74 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 10,375)
- TRUCKEE MEADOWS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 84 miles; RENO, NV; FT enrollment: 4,615)
- BUTTE COLLEGE (about 88 miles; Oroville, CA; FT enrollment: 7,061)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-CHICO (about 93 miles; CHICO, CA; FT enrollment: 14,658)
- WESTERN NEVADA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 105 miles; Carson City, NV; FT enrollment: 2,167)
- YUBA COLLEGE (about 107 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; FT enrollment: 5,593)
- SHASTA COLLEGE (about 117 miles; REDDING, CA; FT enrollment: 5,251)
Public high schools in Susanville:
- LASSEN HIGH (Students: 1,085; Location: 1110 MAIN ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- LASSEN COUNTY COMMUNITY (Students: 34; Location: 477-060 SHERIFF CADY LANE; Grades: 07 - 12)
- CREDENCE HIGH (CONT) (Students: 30; Location: 814 COTTAGE ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
- JUVENILE COURT SCHOOL (Students: 10; Location: 477-060 SHERIFF CADY LANE; Grades: 07 - 12)
- ALTERNATIVE/OPPORTUNITY (Students: 10; Location: 472-103 JOHNSTONVILLE ROAD N; Grades: 07 - 12)
- LASSEN COMMUNITY DAY (Students: 2; Location: 1110 MAIN ST.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Susanville:
- CORNERSTONE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 41; Location: 2545 RIVERSIDE DR.; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Susanville:
- MCKINLEY ELEMENTARY (Students: 517; Location: 2005 FOURTH ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
- MEADOW VIEW ELEMENTARY (Students: 491; Location: 478-275 PAIUTE LANE; Grades: KG - 06)
- DIAMOND VIEW ELEMENTARY (Students: 299; Location: 850 RICHMOND ROAD; Grades: 07 - 08)
- JOHNSTONVILLE ELEMENTARY (Students: 266; Location: 704-795 BANGHAM LANE; Grades: KG - 08)
- RICHMOND ELEMENTARY (Students: 220; Location: 700-585 RICHMOND ROAD E.; Grades: KG - 08)
- SPECIAL EDUCATION (Students: 52; Location: 472-013 JOHNSTONVILLE ROAD, N.; Grades: KG - 12)
- SPRING RIDGE COMMUNITY DAY SCHOOL (Students: 9; Location: 55 S. WEATHERLOW STREET; Grades: 09 - 10)
- SUSAN RIVER COMMUNITY DAY (Students: 6; Location: 120 S. LASSEN ST.; Grades: 07 - 08)
- PAIUTE CREEK COMMUNITY DAY (Students: 5; Location: 135 N. LASSEN ST.; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Susanville:
- NEW HORIZONS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 26; Location: 995 PAIUTE LANE; Grades: KG - 8)
- SUSANVILLE SDA SCHOOL (Students: 8; Location: 455 CEDAR STREET; Grades: 1 - 8)
Library in Susanville:
- SUSANVILLE DISTRICT LIBRARY (Operating income: $310,163; Location: 1618 MAIN ST.; 42,800 books; 696 audio materials; 766 video materials; 70 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in Susanville: Susanville Indian Rancheria (A), Susanville City Hall (B), Lassen County Courthouse (C), Lassen County Free Library (D), Veterans Memorial Hall (E).
Churches in Susanville include: Good Shepherd Episcopal Church (A), Gospel Tabernacle (B), Susanville Church of the Nazarene (C), Indian Heights Full Gospel Church (D), Calvary Baptist Church (E), Calvary Chapel of Susanville (F), First Baptist Church (G), First Southern Baptist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Susanville Cemetery (1), Lassen Cemetery (2), Indian Cemetery (3).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Piute Creek (A), Jensen Slu (B), Brockman Slough (C).
Parks in Susanville include: Susan River Park (1), Memorial Park (2), Lasen County Fairgrounds (3), Riverside Park (4), Compton Park (5).
Post office: (A).
Susanville compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Susanville:
- KSUE (1240 AM; 1 kW; SUSANVILLE, CA; Owner: SIERRA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KPCO (1370 AM; 5 kW; QUINCY, CA; Owner: CAROUSEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFIA (710 AM; 25 kW; CARMICHAEL, CA; Owner: VISTA BROADCASTING INC.)
- KFBK (1530 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KCFJ (570 AM; 5 kW; ALTURAS, CA; Owner: EDI MEDIA, INC.)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
- KSTE (650 AM; 25 kW; RANCHO CORDOVA, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KBZZ (1270 AM; 13 kW; SPARKS, NV; Owner: AMERICOM LAS VEGAS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Susanville:
- K205EK (88.9 FM; SUSANVILLE, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K253AA (98.5 FM; SUSANVILLE, CA; Owner: CAROUSEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KJDX (93.3 FM; SUSANVILLE, CA; Owner: SIERRA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K205EJ (88.9 FM; CHESTER, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KTOR (99.7 FM; WESTWOOD, CA; Owner: SIERRA RADIO, INC.)
- KBNF (98.9 FM; CHESTER, CA; Owner: CAROUSEL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K209AY (89.7 FM; CHESTER, CA; Owner: THE UNIV. FOUND. CA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KHGQ (100.3 FM; QUINCY, CA; Owner: KEILY MILLER)
- KHJQ (92.3 FM; SUSANVILLE, CA; Owner: SIERRA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K278AB (103.5 FM; ALTURAS, CA; Owner: THE UNIV FOUND, CA STATE UNIV, CHICO)
- K203DZ (88.5 FM; JOHNSTONVILLE, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.