Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,957. Estimated population in July 2005: 11,752 (+7.3% change)
Males: 7,584 (69.2%), Females: 3,373 (30.8%)
Median resident age: 33.2 years
Median household income: $29,208 (year 2000)
Median house value: $90,000 (year 2000)
Tehachapi, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Tehachapi:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (50.2%)
- Hispanic (32.7%)
- Other race (23.8%)
- Black (13.8%)
- Two or more races (3.0%)
- American Indian (2.8%)
Ancestries: German (9.4%), Irish (7.2%), English (6.2%), United States (4.1%), Italian (1.6%), French (1.6%).
New! California forum
Elevation: 3973 feet
Land area: 9.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Tehachapi
- High school or higher: 71.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 8.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tehachapi city
- Never married: 10.2%
- Now married: 75.7%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 6.4%
- Divorced: 5.9%
6.9% Foreign born (5.9% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: -885 (-7.5%).
Real Estate - Current & Local Home Listings. Find Real Estate In CA. Free! />
California - Tehachapi? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
Hotels - waste time! Compare prices from top engines and book fast. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CA Lancaster, (36.6 miles www.TripAdvisor.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CA Bakersfield, (43.1 miles www.HomeGain.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (72.3 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Hills, CA (3.4 miles Golden CA (11.9 miles Keene, Springs, CA Stallion (13.3 miles Valley Springs, CA Bear (13.8 miles CA Mojave, (19.4 miles CA (24.6 miles Rosamond, CA (26.9 miles Arvin, CA Bodfish, (31.9 miles
Latitude: 35.13 N, Longitude: 118.45 W
Area code: 661
Tehachapi, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Public administration (18.8%), Educational,health and social services (14.1%), Retail trade (11.5%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +627 (+5.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 905 (41.0%)
Average climate in Tehachapi, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospital/medical center in Tehachapi:
- TEHACHAPI HOSPITAL (115 WEST STREET)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Tehachapi:
- KERN VALLEY HEALTHCARE DISTRICT (about 34 miles; LAKE ISABELLA, CA)
- ANTELOPE VALLEY HOSPITAL MED CENTER (about 37 miles; LANCASTER, CA)
- LAC/HIGH DESERT HOSPITAL (about 37 miles; LANCASTER, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Tehachapi, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Tehachapi:
- EDWARDS AFB (about 43 miles; EDWARDS, CA; ID: EDW)
- PALMDALE PRODN FLT/TEST INSTLN AF PLANT 42 (about 44 miles; PALMDALE, CA; ID: PMD)
- MEADOWS FIELD (about 47 miles; BAKERSFIELD, CA; ID: BFL)
Other public-use airports nearest to Tehachapi:
- TEHACHAPI MUNI (about 2 miles; TEHACHAPI, CA; ID: TSP)
- MOUNTAIN VALLEY (about 3 miles; TEHACHAPI, CA; ID: L94)
- MOJAVE (about 22 miles; MOJAVE, CA; ID: MHV)
TEHACHAPI (416 W. TEHACHAPI BLVD.) - Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Financial Administration ||4 ||$15,888 ||$47,664 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||7 ||$23,684 ||$40,601 ||8 ||$1,846 |
|Firefighters ||2 ||$4,604 ||$27,624 ||12 ||$6,620 |
|Streets and Highways ||6 ||$44,536 ||$89,072 ||0 ||$0 |
|Airports ||2 ||$4,308 ||$25,848 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||2 ||$6,854 ||$41,124 ||1 ||$912 |
|Water Supply ||1 ||$6,144 ||$73,728 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||24 ||$106,018 ||$53,009 ||21 ||$9,378 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tehachapi:
- ANTELOPE VALLEY COLLEGE (about 29 miles; LANCASTER, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,308)
- BAKERSFIELD COLLEGE (about 42 miles; BAKERSFIELD, CA; FT enrollment: 7,978)
- COLLEGE OF THE CANYONS (about 51 miles; SANTA CLARITA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,024)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-BAKERSFIELD (about 51 miles; BAKERSFIELD, CA; FT enrollment: 5,273)
- LOS ANGELES MISSION COLLEGE (about 57 miles; Sylmar, CA; FT enrollment: 3,449)
- CERRO COSO COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 63 miles; RIDGECREST, CA; FT enrollment: 2,347)
- SIMI VALLEY ADULT SCHOOL (about 64 miles; SIMI VALLEY, CA; FT enrollment: 4,272)
Public high schools in Tehachapi:
- TEHACHAPI HIGH (Students: 1,454; Location: 801 SOUTH DENNISON ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- MONROE HIGH (CONT.) (Students: 167; Location: 28661 EUMATILLA; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Tehachapi:
- COUNTRY OAKS BAPTIST COMMUNITY (Students: 57; Location: PO BOX 1356; Grades: KG - 12)
- VIANNEY ACADEMY (Students: 26; Location: 20617 SOUTH ST; Grades: 7 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Tehachapi:
- JACOBSEN JUNIOR HIGH (Students: 1,194; Location: 711 ANITA DRIVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CUMMINGS VALLEY ELEMENTARY (Students: 714; Location: 24220 BEAR VALLEY ROAD, HC80; Grades: KG - 05)
- GOLDEN HILLS ELEMENTARY (Students: 708; Location: 20215 PARK ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
- TOMPKINS ELEMENTARY (Students: 595; Location: 1120 S. CURRY ST.; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Tehachapi:
- OAK HILL CARDEN SCHOOL (Students: 80; Location: 213 EAST E STREET/P O BOX 1066; Grades: KG - 8)
- GOOD SHEPHERD PRESCHOOL - CCC (Students: 32; Location: 329 S MILL ST; Grades: PK - KG)
- MIGHTY OAKS CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 6; Location: 26920 COLUMBIA WAY; Grades: 1 - 10)
| || |
Notable locations in Tehachapi: Tehachapi Branch Kern County Library (A), Tehachapi City Hall (B).
Churches in Tehachapi include: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (A), Tehachapi Valley United Methodist Church (B), Tehachapi Seventh Day Adventist Church (C), Tehachapi Lighthouse United Pentecostal Church (D), Valley Christian Fellowship Church (E), Mision Asamblea de Dios (F), Saint Malachys Catholic Church (G), Church of Christ (H).
Reservoir: Sherm Chitwood Reservoir (A).
Parks in Tehachapi include: West Park (1), Tehachapi City Park (2).
Post office: (A).
Tehachapi compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Tehachapi:
- KIRN (670 AM; 35 kW; SIMI VALLEY, CA; Owner: LOTUS OXNARD CORP.)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KERI (1180 AM; 50 kW; WASCO-GREENACRES, CA; Owner: KWSO, INC.)
- KFWB (980 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KNZR (1560 AM; 25 kW; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORP. OF CALIF.)
- KMAP (1050 AM; 10 kW; FRAZIER PARK, CA; Owner: KMAP, INC.)
- KDIS (1110 AM; 50 kW; PASADENA, CA; Owner: ABC,INC.)
- KTNQ (1020 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KTNQ-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KXTA (1150 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KAVL (610 AM; 5 kW; LANCASTER, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KUZZ (550 AM; 5 kW; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: OWENS ONE COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tehachapi:
- KKZQ (100.1 FM; TEHACHAPI, CA; Owner: HIGH DESERT BROADCASTING LLC)
- KMYX-FM (92.5 FM; ARVIN, CA; Owner: FARMWORKER EDUC. RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- K266AH (101.1 FM; BENA, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KTQX (90.1 FM; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: RADIO BILINGUE, INC.)
- KTPI-FM (103.1 FM; TEHACHAPI, CA; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP OF CALIFORNIA, INC.)
- KFRB (91.3 FM; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KUZZ-FM (107.9 FM; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: OWENS ONE COMPANY, INC)
- KCRY (88.1 FM; MOJAVE, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- K293AG (106.5 FM; TAFT, CA; Owner: CENTRO CRISTIANO DE FE, INC.)
- KISV (94.1 FM; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: AMERICAN GENERAL MEDIA CORP.)
- KGFM (101.5 FM; BAKERSFIELD, CA; Owner: LAGNIAPPE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCBS-FM (93.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- K202DJ (88.3 FM; PALMDALE, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KRTH-FM (101.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KVLI-FM (104.5 FM; LAKE ISABELLA, CA; Owner: ROBERT J. AND KATHERINE M. BOHN)
- KSCA (101.9 FM; GLENDALE, CA; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- K212FA (90.3 FM; TEMPLE CITY, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KLOS (95.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KLOS-FM RADIO, INC.)
- KOST (103.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCNQ (102.5 FM; KERNVILLE, CA; Owner: ROBERT J. & KATHERINE M. BOHN)
TV broadcast stations around Tehachapi:
- KTRO-LP (Channel 50; LANCASTER, CA; Owner: ROBERT D. ADELMAN)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.