Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,368. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,585 (+2.6% change)
Males: 4,025 (48.1%), Females: 4,343 (51.9%)
Los Angeles County
Median resident age: 44.6 years
Median household income: $94,571 (year 2000)
Median house value: $433,800 (year 2000)
Westlake Village, CA residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Westlake Village:
- White Non-Hispanic (86.6%)
- Hispanic (4.6%)
- Chinese (2.4%)
- Two or more races (2.2%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- Black (0.8%)
- Japanese (0.8%)
- Korean (0.8%)
- Filipino (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (17.8%), English (15.8%), Irish (11.1%), Russian (7.9%), Italian (7.0%), United States (5.6%).
New! Village, California forum
Elevation: 900 feet
Land area: 5.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Westlake Village
- High school or higher: 95.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 51.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 22.5%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Westlake Village city
- Never married: 16.4%
- Now married: 68.9%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 7.9%
13.9% Foreign born (7.0% Asia, 2.9% Europe, 2.0% Latin America, 1.5% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: +975 (+13.2%).
Angeles Sightseeing - of Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Movie Stars' Homes and much more. />
Village Dentist - you need to know about Westlake Village Dentist />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Oaks, CA Thousand (5.0 miles pop. 117,005).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Angeles, CA Los (30.7 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Hills, CA Agoura (4.0 miles Park, CA (4.7 miles Oak Oaks, CA Thousand (5.0 miles CA Malibu, (8.2 miles Conejo, CA (9.1 miles Casa CA Moorpark, (10.3 miles Valley, CA Simi (10.5 miles CA Calabasas, (10.9 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 14 buildings, average cost: $330,700
- 1997: 16 buildings, average cost: $330,200
- 1998: 5 buildings, average cost: $330,200
- 1999: 8 buildings, average cost: $330,200
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $803,500
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $803,500
- 2002: 0 buildings
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $803,500
- 2004: 0 buildings
Latitude: 34.14 N, Longitude: 118.82 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 805
Westlake Village, California business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (17.7%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (13.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +4,452 (+53.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 667 (16.3%)
Crime in Westlake Village by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||1 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||12.0 ||12.0 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||0 ||6 ||1 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||71.7 ||12.0 ||47.8 |
|Assaults ||8 ||11 ||9 ||10 |
| per 100,000 ||95.6 ||131.5 ||107.6 ||119.5 |
|Burglaries ||45 ||61 ||41 ||38 |
| per 100,000 ||537.8 ||729.0 ||490.0 ||454.1 |
|Thefts ||85 ||98 ||84 ||93 |
| per 100,000 ||1015.8 ||1171.1 ||1003.8 ||1111.4 |
|Auto thefts ||9 ||8 ||8 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||107.6 ||95.6 ||95.6 ||59.8 |
| ||106.0 ||158.1 ||112.0 ||119.3 |
Average climate in Westlake Village, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Jack Wilson - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Pittsburgh Pirates, born: Dec 29, 1977).
Main business address for: GUITAR CENTER INC (RETAIL-RADIO TV & CONSUMER ELECTRONICS STORES), VALUECLICK INC/CA (SERVICES-ADVERTISING AGENCIES), DIODES INC /DEL/ (SEMICONDUCTORS & RELATED DEVICES), DOLE FOOD COMPANY INC (AGRICULTURE PRODUCTION - CROPS), K SWISS INC (FOOTWEAR, (NO RUBBER)), HOMESTORE INC (REAL ESTATE AGENTS & MANAGERS (FOR OTHERS)).
Hospitals/medical centers near Westlake Village:
- LOS ROBLES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 6 miles; THOUSAND OAKS, CA)
- SIMI VALLEY HOSPITAL & HEALTH CARE SVC (about 10 miles; SIMI VALLEY, CA)
- PINE GROVE HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; CANOGA PARK, CA)
Political contributions by individuals in Westlake Village, CA
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Westlake Village:
- POINT MUGU NAS (NAVAL BASE VENTURA CNTY) (about 21 miles; POINT MUGU, CA; ID: NTD)
- OXNARD (about 27 miles; OXNARD, CA; ID: OXR)
- LOS ANGELES INTL (about 33 miles; LOS ANGELES, CA; ID: LAX)
Other public-use airports nearest to Westlake Village:
- CAMARILLO (about 19 miles; CAMARILLO, CA; ID: CMA)
- SANTA PAULA (about 21 miles; SANTA PAULA, CA; ID: SZP)
- VAN NUYS (about 24 miles; VAN NUYS, CA; ID: VNY)
Amtrak stations near Westlake Village:
- 11 miles: MOORPARK (300 HIGH ST.). Services: free short-term parking, public transit connection.
- 13 miles: SIMI VALLEY (5000 E. LOS ANGELES AVE.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 16 miles: CAMARILLO (30 LEWIS RD.). Services: public payphones, public transit connection.
Local government website:
College/University in Westlake Village:
- INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED PSYCHOLOGICAL STUDIES (Location: 32129 LINDERO CYN RD STE 201; Private, for-profit; Website: WWW.INSTITUTEPSYCHOLOGICAL.COM; Offers Master's degree)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Westlake Village:
- CALIFORNIA LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY (about 6 miles; THOUSAND OAKS, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,322)
- SIMI VALLEY ADULT SCHOOL (about 10 miles; SIMI VALLEY, CA; FT enrollment: 4,272)
- PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY (about 11 miles; MALIBU, CA; FT enrollment: 5,492)
- MOORPARK COLLEGE (about 11 miles; Moorpark, CA; FT enrollment: 7,773)
- WEST VALLEY OCCUPATIONAL CENTER (about 15 miles; WOODLAND HILLS, CA; FT enrollment: 5,240)
- OXNARD COLLEGE (about 24 miles; OXNARD, CA; FT enrollment: 3,760)
- COLLEGE OF THE CANYONS (about 26 miles; SANTA CLARITA, CA; FT enrollment: 6,024)
Public high schools in Westlake Village:
- WESTLAKE HIGH (Students: 2,168; Location: 100 LAKEVIEW CANYON ROAD; Grades: 08 - 12)
- CENTURY HIGH (Students: 29; Location: 100 N. LAKEVIEW CANYON; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Westlake Village:
- WESTLAKE HILLS ELEMENTARY (Students: 687; Location: 3333 MEDICINE BOW CT.; Grades: KG - 06)
- WESTLAKE ELEMENTARY (Students: 613; Location: 1571 E. POTRERO ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- WHITE OAK ELEMENTARY (Students: 568; Location: 31761 W. VILLAGE SCHOOL_ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
| || |
Notable location: Westlake Village Golf Course (A).
Cemetery: Valley Oaks Memorial Park Cemetery (1).
Reservoir: Westlake Lake (A).
Park in Westlake Village: Bennett Park (1).
Westlake Village compared to California state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Westlake Village:
- KACD (850 AM; 25 kW; THOUSAND OAKS, CA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSPN (710 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KNX (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KSUR (1260 AM; 25 kW; BEVERLY HILLS, CA)
- KFWB (980 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KFI (640 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KBLA (1580 AM; 50 kW; SANTA MONICA, CA)
- KIRN (670 AM; 35 kW; SIMI VALLEY, CA; Owner: LOTUS OXNARD CORP.)
- KMPC (1540 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KTNQ (1020 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KTNQ-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KVTA (1520 AM; 10 kW; PORT HUENEME, CA; Owner: GOLD COAST BROADCASTING LLC)
- KDIS (1110 AM; 50 kW; PASADENA, CA; Owner: ABC,INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Westlake Village:
- KMLT (92.7 FM; THOUSAND OAKS, CA; Owner: AMATURO GROUP OF L.A., LTD.)
- K220FR (91.9 FM; SIMI VALLEY, CA; Owner: LIFE ON THE WAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KCSN (88.5 FM; NORTHRIDGE, CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, NORTHRIDGE)
- KKBT (100.3 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- K272DI (102.3 FM; FILLMORE, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DIST.)
- KCZN (96.7 FM; SANTA PAULA, CA; Owner: LAZER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KMRO-FM1 (90.3 FM; CAMARILLO, CA; Owner: THE ASSOCIATION FOR COMMUNITY EDUCATION, INC.)
- KCLU (88.3 FM; THOUSAND OAKS, CA; Owner: CALIFORNIA LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY)
- KRTH-FM (101.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KZLA-FM (93.9 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KBBY-FM (95.1 FM; VENTURA, CA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KPWR (105.9 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KCRU (89.1 FM; OXNARD, CA; Owner: SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KLSX (97.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- K261AB (100.1 FM; NEWHALL, ETC., CA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- KUSC (91.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
- KKLA-FM (99.5 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: NEW INSPIRATION BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KCBS-FM (93.1 FM; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KSCA (101.9 FM; GLENDALE, CA; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- K212FA (90.3 FM; TEMPLE CITY, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
TV broadcast stations around Westlake Village:
- KTRO-LP (Channel 50; LANCASTER, CA; Owner: ROBERT D. ADELMAN)
- KADY-TV (Channel 63; OXNARD, CA; Owner: BILTMORE BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- KSMV-LP (Channel 33; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: KJLA, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.