Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,478. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,878 (+6.2% change)
Males: 3,064 (47.3%), Females: 3,414 (52.7%)
Median resident age: 36.5 years
Median household income: $32,929 (year 2000)
Median house value: $115,500 (year 2000)
Fruita, CO residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Fruita:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (85.3%)
- Hispanic (11.9%)
- Other race (5.4%)
- Two or more races (2.1%)
- American Indian (1.9%)
Ancestries: German (20.1%), English (13.8%), Irish (12.4%), United States (7.4%), Italian (4.7%), Scotch-Irish (3.8%).Colorado
Elevation: 4503 feet
Land area: 5.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fruita
- High school or higher: 81.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.8%
- Unemployed: 7.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fruita city
- Never married: 21.1%
- Now married: 57.5%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 8.9%
- Divorced: 11.8%
2.1% Foreign born (1.1% Latin America, 0.4% North America, 0.3% Africa, 0.3% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +2,108 (+48.2%).
Vacation Homes - galore. Buena Vista, CO Now This Is Really Colorado! />
Junction Houses - Real Estate Listings Search. View Properties in Colorado. />
CO Real Estate - all property listings - the entire MLS. Emails. Photos. Free />
Junction La Quinta - Deals at La Quinta Inn & Suites Available Nationwide. Book Online! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: UT Provo, (215.3 miles pop. 105,166).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: CO Denver, (261.3 miles pop. 554,636).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: AZ Phoenix, (452.3 miles pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: CO Redlands, (7.8 miles Junction, CO Grand (12.5 miles Mesa, CO (15.9 miles Orchard CO (17.3 miles Fruitvale, CO Clifton, (18.7 miles CO Palisade, (25.7 miles Beque, CO De (37.1 miles CO Parachute, (50.5 miles
Latitude: 39.16 N, Longitude: 108.72 W
Area code: 970
Fruita, Colorado business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.1%), Retail trade (20.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,267 (-19.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 598 (21.1%)
Average climate in Fruita, Colorado
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Birthplace of: Daven Harmeling - College basketball player (Washington State Cougars), Jon Rakiecki - College basketball player (Colorado State Rams).
Hospital/medical center in Fruita:
- FAMILY HEALTH WEST HOSPITAL - CAH (228 NORTH CHERRY ST PO BOX 130)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Fruita:
- COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; GRAND JUNCTION, CO)
- ST MARYS HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER (about 20 miles; GRAND JUNCTION, CO)
- DELTA COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 54 miles; DELTA, CO)
Political contributions by individuals in Fruita, CO
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fruita:
- WALKER FIELD (about 15 miles; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; ID: GJT)
- MONTROSE REGIONAL (about 74 miles; MONTROSE, CO; ID: MTJ)
- TELLURIDE REGIONAL (about 101 miles; TELLURIDE, CO; ID: TEX)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fruita:
- MACK MESA (about 12 miles; MACK, CO; ID: C07)
- HAWKINS FIELD (about 50 miles; DELTA, CO; ID: D17)
- BLAKE FIELD (about 54 miles; DELTA, CO; ID: 1V9)
Amtrak station near Fruita:
- 13 miles: GRAND JUNCTION (339 S. 1ST ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, snack bar, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2004)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Solid Waste Management ||1 ||$2,567 ||$30,804 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||5 ||$15,952 ||$38,284 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||5 ||$11,816 ||$28,358 ||10 ||$2,137 |
|Financial Administration ||3 ||$10,366 ||$41,464 ||0 ||$0 |
|Judicial and Legal ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$912 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||11 ||$39,642 ||$43,245 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police - Other ||2 ||$4,767 ||$28,602 ||1 ||$1,616 |
|Other Government Administration ||7 ||$22,663 ||$38,850 ||1 ||$1,160 |
|Streets and Highways ||5 ||$15,912 ||$38,188 ||0 ||$0 |
|Health ||1 ||$1,995 ||$23,940 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||2 ||$4,736 ||$28,416 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||42 ||$130,416 ||$37,261 ||13 ||$5,825 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fruita:
- MESA STATE COLLEGE (about 14 miles; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Full-time enrollment: 4,415)
- COLORADO MOUNTAIN COLLEGE (about 100 miles; GLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO; FT enrollment: 3,400)
- WESTERN STATE COLLEGE COLORADO (about 128 miles; GUNNISON, CO; FT enrollment: 2,199)
- FORT LEWIS COLLEGE (about 142 miles; DURANGO, CO; FT enrollment: 4,051)
- SAN JUAN COLLEGE (about 168 miles; FARMINGTON, NM; FT enrollment: 2,837)
- SNOW COLLEGE (about 198 miles; EPHRAIM, UT; FT enrollment: 2,632)
- UTAH VALLEY STATE COLLEGE (about 221 miles; OREM, UT; FT enrollment: 14,182)
Public high school in Fruita:
- FRUITA MONUMENT HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,686; Location: 1102 WILDCAT AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Fruita:
- FRUITA MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 715; Location: 239 N MAPLE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SHELLEDY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 708; Location: 353 NORTH MESA; Grades: PK - 05)
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Adobe Creek (A), Little Salt Wash (B).
Fruita compared to Colorado state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fruita:
- KJOL (620 AM; 10 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: UNITED MINISTRIES)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTMM (1340 AM; 1 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: MBC GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KEXO (1230 AM; 1 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KUBC (580 AM; 5 kW; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: WOODLAND COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KKZN (760 AM; 50 kW; THORNTON, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KOA (850 AM; 50 kW; DENVER, CO; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING OF COLORADO, INC.)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fruita:
- KEKB (99.9 FM; FRUITA, CO; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KBKL (107.9 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KMGJ (93.1 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M.B.C. GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMXY (104.3 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KMOZ-FM (100.7 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: MBC GRAND BROADCASTING INC)
- KMSA (91.3 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: MESA STATE COLLEGE)
- KPRN (89.5 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: PUBLIC BROADCASTING OF COLORADO INC.)
- KLFV (90.3 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KAFM (88.1 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: GRAND VALLEY PUBLIC RADIO CO, INC)
- KZKS-FM1 (105.3 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: WESTERN SLOPE COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- KJYE (92.3 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K256AD (99.1 FM; PALISADE, CO; Owner: NORTH FORK VALLEY PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- K205CK (88.9 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K214CA (90.7 FM; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- K210CE (89.9 FM; MESA, CO; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KZKS (105.3 FM; RIFLE, CO; Owner: WESTERN SLOPE COMMUNICATIONS, L.L.C.)
- KKNN (95.1 FM; DELTA, CO; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KSTR-FM (96.1 FM; MONTROSE, CO; Owner: LEGGETT BROADCASTING, INC)
- KPRU (103.3 FM; DELTA, CO; Owner: PUBLIC BROADCASTING OF COLORADO INC)
TV broadcast stations around Fruita:
- KREX-TV (Channel 5; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- KKCO (Channel 11; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: EAGLE III BROADCASTING, LLC)
- K25FZ (Channel 25; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KFQX (Channel 4; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: JOHN HARVEY REES)
- K65CE (Channel 65; GRAND JUNCTION, ETC., CO; Owner: MESA COUNTY)
- K67CJ (Channel 67; GRAND JUNCTION, ETC., CO; Owner: MESA COUNTY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.