Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,241
Males: 5,673 (55.4%), Females: 4,568 (44.6%)
Median resident age: 23.5 years
Median household income: $40,033 (year 2000)
Median house value: $123,800 (year 2000)
Conning Towers-Nautilus Park, CT residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Conning Towers-Nautilus Park:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (78.5%)
- Black (9.6%)
- Hispanic (6.2%)
- Two or more races (3.6%)
- Other race (2.3%)
- American Indian (1.6%)
- Filipino (1.6%)
Ancestries: German (19.0%), Irish (15.1%), United States (9.7%), English (9.4%), Italian (7.8%), French (5.0%).Towers-Nautilus Park, Connecticut forum
Land area: 5.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Conning Towers-Nautilus Park
- High school or higher: 90.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 12.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Conning Towers-Nautilus Park CDP
- Never married: 23.5%
- Now married: 69.0%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 2.5%
- Divorced: 3.4%
4.0% Foreign born (1.4% Asia, 1.4% Latin America, 0.8% Europe).
Hill Marriott Hotel - in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. Book online for room rate guarantee />
Sites & Services - website for Connecticut Event Sites and Service Providers />
Real Estate - Buy, sell or rent a home in Connecticut. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Southampton, (40.9 miles pop. 54,712).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY (71.7 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (135.2 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Hill, CT (2.3 miles Long CT Groton, (2.6 miles London, CT New (3.0 miles Bridge, CT (4.4 miles Poquonock Waterford, CT (4.8 miles Central River, CT (5.0 miles Oxoboxo
Latitude: 41.38 N, Longitude: 72.07 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 860
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (29.6%), Retail trade (18.4%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (14.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,441 (+23.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,057 (58.5%)
Average climate in Conning Towers-Nautilus Park, Connecticut
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Conning Towers-Nautilus Park-area historical tornado activity is below Connecticut state average. It is 47% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/21/1951, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 32.3 miles away from the Conning Towers-Nautilus Park city center injured 8 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 10/3/1979, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 53.5 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 500 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Conning Towers-Nautilus Park:
- LAWRENCE & MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; NEW LONDON, CT)
- WILLIAM W BACKUS HOSPITAL (about 11 miles; NORWICH, CT)
- WESTERLY HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; WESTERLY, RI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Conning Towers-Nautilus Park:
- GROTON-NEW LONDON (about 6 miles; GROTON NEW LONDON, CT; ID: GON)
- HARTFORD-BRAINARD (about 47 miles; HARTFORD, CT; ID: HFD)
- THEODORE FRANCIS GREEN STATE (about 51 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: PVD)
Other public-use airports nearest to Conning Towers-Nautilus Park:
- ELIZABETH FIELD (about 10 miles; FISHERS ISLAND, NY; ID: 0B8)
- WESTERLY STATE (about 20 miles; WESTERLY, RI; ID: WST)
- MONTAUK (about 25 miles; MONTAUK, NY; ID: MTP)
Amtrak stations near Conning Towers-Nautilus Park:
- 3 miles: NEW LONDON (27 WATER ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 9 miles: MYSTIC (RTE. 1). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 9 miles: FOXWOOD CASINO (LEDYARD, ROUTE 2) - Bus Station
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Conning Towers-Nautilus Park:
- EASTERN CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; WILLIMANTIC, CT; Full-time enrollment: 4,165)
- UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT (about 32 miles; STORRS, CT; FT enrollment: 16,952)
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND (about 39 miles; KINGSTON, RI; FT enrollment: 11,759)
- WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (about 43 miles; MIDDLETOWN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,993)
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF RHODE ISLAND (about 49 miles; WARWICK, RI; FT enrollment: 8,650)
- NEW ENGLAND INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 49 miles; WARWICK, RI; FT enrollment: 2,419)
- TRINITY COLLEGE (about 50 miles; HARTFORD, CT; FT enrollment: 2,056)
Notable locations in Conning Towers-Nautilus Park: Naval Undersea Warfare Center-Detachment Technical Library (A), United State Naval Submarine Base Library (B), USS Nautilus Memorial Submarine Force Library and Museum (C).
Churches in Conning Towers-Nautilus Park include: Pleasant Valley Community Prayer Church (A), Groton Bible Chapel (B), Covenant Presbyterian Church (C).
Cemeteries: Toll Gate Cemetery (1), Turner Cemetery (2), Bethel Cemetery (3), Starr Cemetery (4).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Rock Pond (A), Latham Reservoir (B), Ledyard Reservoir (C), Crystal Lake (D), YMCA Pond (E), Latham Bog (F).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Beaverdam Brook (A), Thompson Brook (B).
Parks in Conning Towers-Nautilus Park include: USS Nautilus Memorial (1), Nautilus Park (2), Romanella Subdivision Park (3), Trident Park (4), Phoenix Drive Park (5).
Conning Towers-Nautilus Park compared to Connecticut state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Conning Towers-Nautilus Park:
- WSUB (980 AM; 1 kW; GROTON, CT; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WICH (1310 AM; 5 kW; NORWICH, CT; Owner: WICH, INCORPORATED)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WLIS (1420 AM; 5 kW; OLD SAYBROOK, CT; Owner: CROSSROADS COMM. OLD SAYBROOK, LLC)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Conning Towers-Nautilus Park:
- WQGN-FM (105.5 FM; GROTON, CT; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCNI (90.9 FM; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT COLLEGE BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION, INC.)
- WNLC (98.7 FM; EAST LYME, CT; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBMW (106.5 FM; LEDYARD, CT; Owner: RED WOLF BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCTY (97.7 FM; NORWICH, CT; Owner: WICH, INC.)
- W233AG (94.5 FM; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: MONROE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WKNL (100.9 FM; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHJM (107.7 FM; PAWCATUCK, CT; Owner: FULLER BROADCASTING INTERNATIONAL, LLC)
- WILI-FM (98.3 FM; WILLIMANTIC, CT; Owner: NUTMEG BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXLM (102.3 FM; STONINGTON, CT; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWRX-FM (103.7 FM; WESTERLY, RI; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WECS (90.1 FM; WILLIMANTIC, CT; Owner: EASTERN CONNECTICUT STATE COLLEGE)
- WHBE (96.7 FM; EAST HAMPTON, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WMOS (104.7 FM; MONTAUK, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Conning Towers-Nautilus Park:
- WHPX (Channel 26; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: PAXSON HARTFORD LICENSE, INC.)
- WEDN (Channel 53; NORWICH, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WTIC-TV (Channel 61; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.