Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 18,118. Estimated population in July 2005: 18,459 (+1.9% change)
Males: 8,716 (48.1%), Females: 9,402 (51.9%)
Median resident age: 39.0 years
Median household income: $66,539 (year 2000)
Median house value: $164,500 (year 2000)
East Lyme, CT residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in East Lyme:
- White Non-Hispanic (84.9%)
- Black (6.4%)
- Hispanic (4.6%)
- Two or more races (1.8%)
- Other race (1.2%)
- Chinese (1.1%)
- American Indian (1.0%)
- Asian Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: Irish (20.7%), English (16.5%), Italian (16.1%), German (12.9%), Polish (7.4%), French (5.5%).Lyme, Connecticut forum
For population 25 years and over in East Lyme
- High school or higher: 89.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 35.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 16.1%
- Unemployed: 3.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in East Lyme town
- Never married: 22.7%
- Now married: 60.1%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 9.5%
5.3% Foreign born (2.0% Asia, 1.9% Europe, 0.6% Latin America).
Lyme Connecticut - Vacation Rentals Rent Direct From Owners and Save! />
Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Maintenance Software - breakdown and work backlog 10000s downloaded. Download Now! />
Sites & Services - website for Connecticut Event Sites and Service Providers />
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 77 buildings, average cost: $108,400
- 1997: 83 buildings, average cost: $98,000
- 1998: 80 buildings, average cost: $122,300
- 1999: 71 buildings, average cost: $119,100
- 2000: 74 buildings, average cost: $163,000
- 2001: 70 buildings, average cost: $169,700
- 2002: 72 buildings, average cost: $175,300
- 2003: 76 buildings, average cost: $235,700
- 2004: 88 buildings, average cost: $233,200
Birthplace of: Chris Winters - College basketball player (Central Conn. Blue Devils).
Political contributions by individuals in East Lyme, CT
Public high school in East Lyme:
- EAST LYME HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,234; Location: 30 CHESTERFIELD RD.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in East Lyme:
- FLANDERS SCHOOL (Students: 404; Location: 167 BOSTON POST RD.; Grades: KG - 04)
- HOMEBOUND (Location: BOSTON POST ROAD; Grades: PK - 12)
Library in East Lyme:
- EAST LYME PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $785,848; Location: 39 SOCIETY ROAD; 96,447 books; 1,973 audio materials; 1,960 video materials; 350 serial subscriptions)
East Lyme compared to Connecticut state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.