Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,807. Estimated population in July 2005: 11,254 (+4.1% change)
Males: 5,360 (49.6%), Females: 5,447 (50.4%)
Median resident age: 36.7 years
Median household income: $50,156 (year 2000)
Median house value: $122,800 (year 2000)
Griswold, CT residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Griswold:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.2%)
- American Indian (2.1%)
- Hispanic (1.9%)
- Two or more races (1.7%)
- Black (1.4%)
- Other race (0.7%)
Ancestries: French (18.9%), Irish (18.1%), Polish (15.7%), English (13.0%), German (12.0%), Italian (11.9%).Connecticut forum
For population 25 years and over in Griswold
- High school or higher: 83.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Griswold town
- Never married: 23.8%
- Now married: 53.9%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 6.3%
- Divorced: 14.2%
2.6% Foreign born (1.0% Europe, 0.7% Latin America, 0.6% North America, 0.3% Asia).
CT Homes for Sale - CT luxury homes exclusive real estate listings. />
Education - colleges, private schools, school profiles , SAT scores & more />
Condo Guide - for buyers & sellers of CT condos in all Connecticut Counties. />
Real Estate - Real Estate Info Start searching today. Learn more. />
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 39 buildings, average cost: $76,600
- 1998: 49 buildings, average cost: $84,600
- 1999: 42 buildings, average cost: $96,300
- 2000: 39 buildings, average cost: $83,200
- 2001: 42 buildings, average cost: $109,400
- 2002: 44 buildings, average cost: $116,000
- 2003: 55 buildings, average cost: $122,500
- 2004: 64 buildings, average cost: $129,100
Political contributions by individuals in Griswold, CT
Public high school in Griswold:
- GRISWOLD SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 750; Location: 267 SLATER AVE.; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Griswold:
- GRISWOLD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 956; Location: 303 SLATER AVE.; Grades: PK - 05)
- GRISWOLD MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 516; Location: 211 SLATER AVE.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- HOMEBOUND (Location: 267 SLATER AVENUE; Grades: PK - 12)
Library in Griswold:
- SLATER LIBRARY & FANNING ANNEX (Operating income: $158,892; Location: 26 MAIN ST.; 21,845 books; 395 audio materials; 539 video materials; 60 serial subscriptions)
Griswold compared to Connecticut state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.