Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,746
Males: 3,223 (47.8%), Females: 3,523 (52.2%)
Median resident age: 36.3 years
Median household income: $38,979 (year 2000)
Median house value: $98,100 (year 2000)
Putnam District, CT residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Putnam District:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.3%)
- Hispanic (2.3%)
- Two or more races (1.9%)
- American Indian (1.7%)
- Black (1.5%)
- Other race (0.6%)
Ancestries: French (24.2%), French Canadian (20.2%), Irish (13.9%), English (12.1%), Polish (10.5%), Italian (8.0%).District, Connecticut forum
Land area: 3.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Putnam District
- High school or higher: 77.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.0%
- Unemployed: 4.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Putnam District CDP
- Never married: 32.2%
- Now married: 44.0%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 8.4%
- Divorced: 12.9%
2.4% Foreign born (1.6% Europe, 0.6% North America).
CT Apartments - Tours & Appointments online Contact us today! 2/3 bds available />
all area homes today - time, money, and buy "right". Buyer's Representative Real Estate />
Connecticut - towns, find your next home, restaurant reviews w/ directions />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Worcester, (25.0 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (62.7 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (161.8 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: CT (0.5 miles Putnam, Woodstock, CT (3.4 miles South CT (4.0 miles Thompson, CT (4.2 miles Pomfret, Grosvenor Dale, CT (4.3 miles North CT (4.9 miles Woodstock, CT (6.7 miles Quinebaug, CT Danielson, (8.0 miles
Latitude: 41.92 N, Longitude: 71.91 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 860
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (24.0%), Educational,health and social services (21.1%), Retail trade (13.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,023 (-15.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 624 (18.2%)
Average climate in Putnam District, Connecticut
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Putnam District-area historical tornado activity is near Connecticut state average. It is 19% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 37.3 miles away from the Putnam District city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 19.6 miles away from the city center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Putnam District:
- DAY KIMBALL HOSPITAL (about 2 miles; PUTNAM, CT)
- HUBBARD REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; WEBSTER, MA)
- HARRINGTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; SOUTHBRIDGE, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Putnam District:
- WORCESTER REGIONAL (about 24 miles; WORCESTER, MA; ID: ORH)
- THEODORE FRANCIS GREEN STATE (about 37 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: PVD)
- GROTON-NEW LONDON (about 43 miles; GROTON NEW LONDON, CT; ID: GON)
Other public-use airports nearest to Putnam District:
- DANIELSON (about 8 miles; DANIELSON, CT; ID: 5B3)
- TOUTANT (about 11 miles; PUTNAM, CT; ID: C44)
- SOUTHBRIDGE MUNI (about 16 miles; SOUTHBRIDGE, MA; ID: 3B0)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Putnam District:
- COLLEGE OF THE HOLY CROSS (about 24 miles; WORCESTER, MA; Full-time enrollment: 2,808)
- CLARK UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,563)
- WORCESTER STATE COLLEGE (about 25 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,846)
- WORCESTER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (about 25 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,426)
- ASSUMPTION COLLEGE (about 25 miles; WORCESTER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,356)
- UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT (about 25 miles; STORRS, CT; FT enrollment: 16,952)
- EASTERN CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY (about 26 miles; WILLIMANTIC, CT; FT enrollment: 4,165)
Notable locations in Putnam District: Putnam Public Library (A), Putnam Law Library (B).
Shopping Center: Putnam Plaza Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Putnam District include: Assembly of God Church (A), Saint Marys Church (B), Saint Philips Episcopal Church (C), Sons of Zion Synagogue (D), Congregational Church of Putnam (E), Daughters of the Holy Spirit Church (F), Methodist Church of Putnam (G).
Cemeteries: Grove Street Cemetery (1), Aspinwall Cemetery (2).
Reservoirs: Cargill Falls Reservoir (A), Quinebaug River Reservoir (B).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Little Dam Tavern Brook (A), Wheatons Brook (B).
Park in Putnam District: Murphy Recreation Park (1).
Post office: (A).
Putnam District compared to Connecticut state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Putnam District:
- WINY (1350 AM; 5 kW; PUTNAM, CT; Owner: OSBREY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WGFP (940 AM; 1 kW; WEBSTER, MA; Owner: CHOWDER BROADCAST GROUP LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Putnam District:
- WBVC (91.1 FM; POMFRET, CT; Owner: POMFRET SCHOOL)
- WWFX (100.1 FM; SOUTHBRIDGE, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WORC-FM (98.9 FM; WEBSTER, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WAAF (107.3 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSRS (96.1 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WYCM (90.1 FM; CHARLTON, MA; Owner: BAY PATH VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL)
- WWRX-FM (103.7 FM; WESTERLY, RI; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WHUS (91.7 FM; STORRS, CT; Owner: THE BD. OF TRUSTEES, THE UNIV. OF CT)
- WWKX (106.3 FM; WOONSOCKET, RI; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WILI-FM (98.3 FM; WILLIMANTIC, CT; Owner: NUTMEG BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWBB (101.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPRO-FM (92.3 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSKO-FM (99.7 FM; WAKEFIELD-PEACEDALE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWLI (105.1 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WICN (90.5 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: WICN PUBLIC RADIO, INC)
- W258AC (99.5 FM; STORRS, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC)
- WECS (90.1 FM; WILLIMANTIC, CT; Owner: EASTERN CONNECTICUT STATE COLLEGE)
- WBPR (91.9 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
TV broadcast stations around Putnam District:
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WYDN (Channel 48; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TV CORPORATION)
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WHPX (Channel 26; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: PAXSON HARTFORD LICENSE, INC.)
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WRIW-LP (Channel 50; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: ZGS PROVIDENCE, INC.)
- WCRN-LP (Channel 34; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.