Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 22,857. Estimated population in July 2005: 23,503 (+2.8% change)
Males: 11,043 (48.3%), Females: 11,814 (51.7%)
Median resident age: 31.4 years
Median household income: $35,087 (year 2000)
Median house value: $105,200 (year 2000)
Windham, CT residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Windham:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (65.6%)
- Hispanic (26.8%)
- Other race (15.2%)
- Black (5.1%)
- Two or more races (3.8%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
Ancestries: Irish (13.4%), French (11.1%), Italian (8.1%), English (8.1%), German (6.9%), Polish (6.8%).Connecticut
Elevation: 279 feet
For population 25 years and over in Windham
- High school or higher: 73.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.0%
- Unemployed: 11.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Windham town
- Never married: 34.2%
- Now married: 45.9%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 11.0%
9.2% Foreign born (4.3% Latin America, 1.9% Europe, 1.5% North America, 1.3% Asia).
Robin Inn - rooms, hilltop, open all year - Rated best in Lakeville-Tripadvisor />
People Search - Anyone in the U.S. for Free. Search by name. Free. />
Apartments - Apartments in Connecticut All you need to know and more. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CT (25.6 miles Manchester, pop. 54,740).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY (82.5 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (139.2 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Windham, CT (2.0 miles South CT (3.9 miles Willimantic, CT (5.2 miles Scotland, Center, CT (5.3 miles Mansfield CT (5.8 miles Lebanon, CT (6.3 miles Franklin, CT (6.9 miles Chaplin, CT Mansfield, (7.0 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 11 buildings, average cost: $72,800
- 1997: 13 buildings, average cost: $74,600
- 1998: 23 buildings, average cost: $64,800
- 1999: 36 buildings, average cost: $63,400
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $62,200
- 2001: 20 buildings, average cost: $81,200
- 2002: 29 buildings, average cost: $74,400
- 2003: 20 buildings, average cost: $85,200
- 2004: 25 buildings, average cost: $87,600
- 2005: 54 buildings, average cost: $104,800
Latitude: 41.70 N, Longitude: 72.16 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 860
Windham, Connecticut business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (29.3%), Retail trade (16.2%), Manufacturing (12.1%).
Average climate in Windham, Connecticut
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Windham-area historical tornado activity is near Connecticut state average. It is 22% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/1979, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 37.4 miles away from the Windham city center killed 3 people and injured 500 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 8/21/1951, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 24.9 miles away from the city center injured 8 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
height="300" alt="Windham topographic map" width="400" align="right" border="0" />
Hospitals/medical centers near Windham:
- WINDHAM COMM MEM HOSP & HATCH HOSP (about 4 miles; WILLIMANTIC, CT)
- NATCHAUG HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; MANSFIELD CENTER, CT)
- WILLIAM W BACKUS HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; NORWICH, CT)
Political contributions by individuals in Windham, CT
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Windham:
- GROTON-NEW LONDON (about 28 miles; GROTON NEW LONDON, CT; ID: GON)
- HARTFORD-BRAINARD (about 35 miles; HARTFORD, CT; ID: HFD)
- BRADLEY INTL (about 39 miles; WINDSOR LOCKS, CT; ID: BDL)
Other public-use airports nearest to Windham:
- WINDHAM (about 3 miles; WILLIMANTIC, CT; ID: IJD)
- TOUTANT (about 19 miles; PUTNAM, CT; ID: C44)
- DANIELSON (about 20 miles; DANIELSON, CT; ID: 5B3)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Windham:
- EASTERN CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY (about 4 miles; WILLIMANTIC, CT; Full-time enrollment: 4,165)
- UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT (about 10 miles; STORRS, CT; FT enrollment: 16,952)
- WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (about 36 miles; MIDDLETOWN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,993)
- TRINITY COLLEGE (about 38 miles; HARTFORD, CT; FT enrollment: 2,056)
- WESTERN NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE (about 39 miles; SPRINGFIELD, MA; FT enrollment: 3,285)
- MANCHESTER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 40 miles; MANCHESTER, CT; FT enrollment: 2,863)
- SPRINGFIELD COLLEGE (about 40 miles; SPRINGFIELD, MA; FT enrollment: 4,176)
Public primary/middle school in Windham:
- WINDHAM CENTER SCHOOL (Students: 261; Location: 45 NORTH RD.; Grades: KG - 04)
Libraries in Windham:
- WILLIMANTIC PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $477,843; Location: 905 MAIN ST.; 59,024 books; 1,613 audio materials; 1,388 video materials; 137 serial subscriptions)
- GUILFORD SMITH MEMORIAL LIBRARY, INC. (Operating income: $93,095; Location: 17 MAIN ST.; 10,450 books; 10 audio materials; 40 video materials; 40 serial subscriptions)
- WINDHAM FREE LIBRARY (Operating income: $30,058; Location: ON THE GREEN; 8,843 books; 46 video materials; 53 serial subscriptions)
Windham compared to Connecticut state average:
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Windham:
- WILI (1400 AM; 1 kW; WILLIMANTIC, CT; Owner: THE NUTMEG BROADCASTING CO.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WICH (1310 AM; 5 kW; NORWICH, CT; Owner: WICH, INCORPORATED)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WINY (1350 AM; 5 kW; PUTNAM, CT; Owner: OSBREY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Windham:
- WILI-FM (98.3 FM; WILLIMANTIC, CT; Owner: NUTMEG BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WECS (90.1 FM; WILLIMANTIC, CT; Owner: EASTERN CONNECTICUT STATE COLLEGE)
- WHUS (91.7 FM; STORRS, CT; Owner: THE BD. OF TRUSTEES, THE UNIV. OF CT)
- W258AC (99.5 FM; STORRS, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC)
- WCTY (97.7 FM; NORWICH, CT; Owner: WICH, INC.)
- WBMW (106.5 FM; LEDYARD, CT; Owner: RED WOLF BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHJM (107.7 FM; PAWCATUCK, CT; Owner: FULLER BROADCASTING INTERNATIONAL, LLC)
- WRCH (100.5 FM; NEW BRITAIN, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKNL (100.9 FM; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWRX-FM (103.7 FM; WESTERLY, RI; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WAAF (107.3 FM; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WWFX (100.1 FM; SOUTHBRIDGE, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBVC (91.1 FM; POMFRET, CT; Owner: POMFRET SCHOOL)
- WORC-FM (98.9 FM; WEBSTER, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WQGN-FM (105.5 FM; GROTON, CT; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Windham:
- WHPX (Channel 26; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: PAXSON HARTFORD LICENSE, INC.)
- WEDN (Channel 53; NORWICH, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WYDN (Channel 48; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TV CORPORATION)
- WTIC-TV (Channel 61; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- W11BJ (Channel 11; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: COMMUNICATIONS SITE MANAGEMENT LLC)
- WTXX (Channel 20; WATERBURY, CT; Owner: WTXX INC.)
- WUVN (Channel 18; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WVIT (Channel 30; NEW BRITAIN, CT; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.