Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 14,806
Males: 7,262 (49.0%), Females: 7,544 (51.0%)
Median resident age: 33.5 years
Median household income: $50,107 (year 2000)
Median house value: $107,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Brookside:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (74.8%)
- Black (15.0%)
- Hispanic (5.6%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
- Other race (2.2%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
- Chinese (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (18.1%), German (14.1%), English (10.8%), Italian (9.7%), Polish (5.9%), United States (5.4%).Delaware
Elevation: 80 feet
Land area: 3.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Brookside
- High school or higher: 82.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Brookside CDP
- Never married: 30.2%
- Now married: 50.3%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 6.3%
- Divorced: 10.6%
6.9% Foreign born (2.8% Latin America, 2.7% Asia, 0.9% Europe).
County, PA Homes - Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
City Real Estate - Delaware City Home Listings Search by Bed, Bath & Price Range />
Homes - Millions of Homes for Sale. Virtual Tours & Expert Advice. />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: DE Wilmington, (12.7 miles pop. 72,664).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: PA Philadelphia, (45.5 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: DE Newark, (2.8 miles DE (4.1 miles Bear, Creek, DE (4.8 miles Pike DE (4.8 miles Glasgow, Star, DE (6.3 miles North DE (8.1 miles Newport, DE Hockessin, (8.2 miles MD (8.5 miles Elkton,
Latitude: 39.67 N, Longitude: 75.72 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 302
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.7%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (13.2%), Manufacturing (13.2%), Retail trade (11.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,575 (-24.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 551 (7.4%)
Average climate in Brookside, Delaware
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Brookside-area historical tornado activity is above Delaware state average. It is 31% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/27/1994, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 6.0 miles away from the Brookside city center injured 11 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/28/1961, a category 3 tornado 10.2 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Brookside:
- ALFRED I DUPONT INSTITUTE (about 8 miles; WILMINGTON, DE)
- MEDICAL CNTR OF DELAWARE (about 8 miles; WILMINGTON, DE)
- DELAWARE PSYCHIATRIC CENTER (about 9 miles; NEW CASTLE, DE)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Brookside:
- NEW CASTLE COUNTY (about 9 miles; WILMINGTON, DE; ID: ILG)
- PHILADELPHIA INTL (about 37 miles; PHILADELPHIA, PA; ID: PHL)
- DOVER AFB (about 43 miles; DOVER, DE; ID: DOV)
Other public-use airports nearest to Brookside:
- SUMMIT (about 11 miles; MIDDLETOWN, DE; ID: EVY)
- RAINTREE (about 11 miles; ELKTON, MD; ID: 1C4)
- NEW GARDEN (about 11 miles; TOUGHKENAMON, PA; ID: N57)
Amtrak stations near Brookside:
- 3 miles: NEWARK (429 S. COLLEGE AVE.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 13 miles: WILMINGTON (M. L. KING BLVD, & FRENCH ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, car rental agency, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Brookside:
- DELAWARE TECHNICAL & COMM COLL-STANTON-WILMINGTON (about 3 miles; NEWARK, DE; Full-time enrollment: 3,817)
- WILMINGTON COLLEGE (about 9 miles; NEW CASTLE, DE; FT enrollment: 3,087)
- UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE (about 12 miles; NEWARK, DE; FT enrollment: 17,786)
- WEST CHESTER UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 21 miles; WEST CHESTER, PA; FT enrollment: 10,419)
- WIDENER UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 27 miles; CHESTER, PA; FT enrollment: 3,646)
- IMMACULATA COLLEGE (about 27 miles; IMMACULATA, PA; FT enrollment: 2,042)
- DELAWARE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 28 miles; MEDIA, PA; FT enrollment: 5,248)
Notable locations in Brookside: Delaware Industrial Park (A), Chestnut Hill Plaza (B).
Shopping Center: Brookside Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Brookside include: Holy Family Church (A), Newark Revival Tabernacle (B), Newark Christian And Missionary Alliance Church (C), Church of Christ (D), Kingswood Methodist Church (E), Living Waters Church of God (F).
Park in Brookside: Cobbs-Gauger Park (1).
Brookside compared to Delaware state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Brookside:
- WAMS (1260 AM; 1 kW; NEWARK, DE; Owner: CAPITOL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WTMC (1380 AM; 5 kW; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: STATE OF DELAWARE DEPARTMENT OF TRAN)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WNWR (1540 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA)
- WDEL (1150 AM; 5 kW; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WPHT (1210 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WXHL (1550 AM; 1 kW; ELKTON, MD; Owner: PRIORITY RADIO, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WJBR (1290 AM; 3 kW; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Brookside:
- WVUD (91.3 FM; NEWARK, DE; Owner: UNIVERSITYOF DELAWARE)
- WPLY (100.3 FM; MEDIA, PA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WSTW (93.7 FM; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXHL-FM (89.1 FM; CHRISTIANA, DE; Owner: PRIORITY RADIO, INC.)
- WJBR-FM (99.5 FM; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: NM LICENSING, LLC)
- WOEL-FM (89.9 FM; ELKTON, MD; Owner: MARANATHA BIBLE INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WMHS (88.1 FM; PIKE CREEK, DE; Owner: RED CLAY CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WMWX (95.7 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WMGK (102.9 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WOGL (98.1 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSNI-FM (104.5 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBEB (101.1 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: WEAZ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WRTI (90.1 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV. OF THE COMMONWEALTH, ET)
- WPHI-FM (103.9 FM; JENKINTOWN, PA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WXPN (88.5 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNA.)
- WHYY-FM (90.9 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: WHYY, INC.)
- WXCY (103.7 FM; HAVRE DE GRACE, MD; Owner: DELMARVA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXTU (92.5 FM; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: WXTU LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDAC (94.5 FM; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: WDAC RADIO COMPANY)
- WBMP (88.1 FM; WARWICK, PA; Owner: FOUR RIVERS COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Brookside:
- WTSD-CA (Channel 14; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: PRIORITY COMMUNICATIONS MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KYW-TV (Channel 3; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WPHL-TV (Channel 17; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- WPPX (Channel 61; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: PAXSON PHILADELPHIA LICENSE, INC.)
- WPVI-TV (Channel 6; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WPSG (Channel 57; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: VIACOM STATIONS GROUP OF PHILADELPHIA INC.)
- WCAU (Channel 10; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WCAU-TV), L.P.)
- WGTW (Channel 48; BURLINGTON, NJ; Owner: BRUNSON COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WYBE (Channel 35; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INDEPENDENCE PUBLIC MEDIA OF PHILADELPHIA, INC.)
- WHYY-TV (Channel 12; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: WHYY, INC.)
- WTXF-TV (Channel 29; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: FOX TV STATIONS OF PHILADELPHIA)
- W40AZ (Channel 40; WILMINGTON, DE; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- W55BT (Channel 55; TALLEYVILLE, DE; Owner: MEDIACASTING LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.