Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,253
Males: 4,068 (49.3%), Females: 4,185 (50.7%)
Median resident age: 50.7 years
Median household income: $29,121 (year 2000)
Median house value: $86,300 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Hernando:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.3%)
- Black (2.3%)
- Hispanic (1.6%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (21.4%), English (16.3%), Irish (15.8%), United States (11.5%), Italian (5.8%), Polish (4.4%).
New! Florida forum
Elevation: 50 feet
Land area: 31.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Hernando
- High school or higher: 73.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.9%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hernando CDP
- Never married: 14.1%
- Now married: 61.2%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 9.0%
- Divorced: 14.2%
3.1% Foreign born (1.5% Europe, 0.9% Asia, 0.4% Latin America).
Hill FL Homes - the Spring Hill FL mls View Local FL Homes For Sale />
Hill, FL homes - FL homes for sale Hernando County homes for sale />
Florida Homes - home and real estate listings in Tampa, Florida. Updated MLS. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Hill, FL Spring (33.4 miles pop. 69,078).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: FL Tampa, (66.6 miles pop. 303,447).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (895.7 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Hills, FL (4.5 miles Citrus Highlands North, FL (4.5 miles Inverness Hills, FL (5.7 miles Beverly FL Inverness, (6.7 miles Ridge, FL (7.1 miles Pine Springs, FL Citrus (7.5 miles Diamond, FL (8.2 miles Black FL (9.2 miles Lecanto,
Latitude: 28.93 N, Longitude: 82.37 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.0%), Construction (15.9%), Retail trade (13.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,902 (-23.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 480 (15.7%)
Average climate in Hernando, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hernando-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Florida state average. It is 61% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/9/1983, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.7 miles away from the Hernando city center killed 3 people and injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 12/31/1975, a category 3 tornado 17.5 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 26 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Hernando:
- CITRUS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; INVERNESS, FL)
- SEVEN RIVERS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL)
- MUNROE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 26 miles; OCALA, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hernando:
- OCALA INTL-JIM TAYLOR FIELD (about 20 miles; OCALA, FL; ID: OCF)
- GAINESVILLE RGNL (about 53 miles; GAINESVILLE, FL; ID: GNV)
- TAMPA INTL (about 67 miles; TAMPA, FL; ID: TPA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hernando:
- DUNNELLON/MARION CO & PARK OF COMMERCE (about 9 miles; DUNNELLON, FL; ID: X35)
- INVERNESS (about 11 miles; INVERNESS, FL; ID: X40)
- CRYSTAL RIVER (about 14 miles; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; ID: CGC)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hernando:
- CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 22 miles; OCALA, FL; Full-time enrollment: 3,101)
- SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY (about 42 miles; ST LEO, FL; FT enrollment: 6,597)
- PASCO-HERNANDO COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 47 miles; NEW PORT RICHEY, FL; FT enrollment: 2,868)
- UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA (about 52 miles; GAINESVILLE, FL; FT enrollment: 41,543)
- SANTA FE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 52 miles; GAINESVILLE, FL; FT enrollment: 7,942)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA (about 60 miles; TAMPA, FL; FT enrollment: 26,221)
- HILLSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 69 miles; TAMPA, FL; FT enrollment: 9,630)
Public primary/middle schools in Hernando:
- FOREST RIDGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 794; Location: 2927 N FOREST RIDGE BOULE; Grades: PK - 05)
- HERNANDO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 650; Location: 2353 N CROFT AVENUE; Grades: PK - 05)
Notable locations in Hernando: Stokes Ferry (A), Citrus County Volunteer Fire Station (B), Citrus County Sheriffs Office-Substation (C), Quail Run Water Treatment Facility (D), Quail Run Community Center (E), Progress Energy Electric Substation (F), Holder Community Center (G).
Churches in Hernando include: Church of the Living God (A), Citrus Family Worship Center (B), Mount Carmel Baptist Church (C), Mount Carmel Missionary Baptist Church (D), Mount Zion AME Church (E), New Testament Baptist Church (F), Bethel Baptist Church (G), Trinity Independent Baptist Church (H).
Cemetery: Burke Cemetery (1).
Lake: Twomile Prairie Lake (A).
Hernando compared to Florida state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Hernando:
- WRZN (720 AM; 10 kW; HERNANDO, FL; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WINV (1560 AM; daytime; 7 kW; BEVERLY HILLS, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC.)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQTM (740 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCFI (1290 AM; 10 kW; OCALA, FL; Owner: VECTOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQYK (1010 AM; 50 kW; SEFFNER, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF TAMPA)
- WDYZ (990 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WMGG (820 AM; 50 kW; LARGO, FL; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ST. PETERSBURG LICENSEE)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WOCA (1370 AM; 5 kW; OCALA, FL; Owner: WESTSHORE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFLA (970 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WONQ (1030 AM; 45 kW; OVIEDO, FL; Owner: FLORIDA BROADCASTERS)
- WQBQ (1410 AM; 10 kW; LEESBURG, FL)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hernando:
- WXCV (95.3 FM; HOMOSASSA SPRINGS, FL; Owner: WXOF, INC.)
- WOGK (93.7 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: OCALA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WAQV (90.9 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WHGN (91.9 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WJUF (90.1 FM; INVERNESS, FL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES, UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA)
- WKTK (98.5 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; Owner: ENTERCOM GAINESVILLE LICENSE, LLC)
- WLMS (88.3 FM; LECANTO, FL; Owner: THE BP OF DIOCESE OF ST. P/BURG FL.)
- W215AJ (90.9 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, ETC., FL; Owner: MARION COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.)
- WTRS (102.3 FM; DUNNELLON, FL; Owner: ASTERISK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WMFQ (92.9 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: ASTERISK COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WXOF (96.3 FM; YANKEETOWN, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC)
- WSKY-FM (97.3 FM; MICANOPY, FL; Owner: ENTERCOM GAINESVILLE LICENSE, LLC)
- WIFL (104.3 FM; INGLIS, FL; Owner: SEVEN RIVERS BROADCAST MINISTRY, INC.)
- WGUL-FM (106.3 FM; BEVERLY HILLS, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC.)
- WWKO (91.3 FM; BELLEVIEW, FL; Owner: WALKER INFORMATION & ED INSTITUTE INC)
- WHIJ (88.1 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- W244BC (96.7 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC)
- WJIK-LP (100.1 FM; INVERNESS, FL; Owner: STANDING IN THE GAP INC)
TV broadcast stations around Hernando:
- W61AK (Channel 61; INVERNESS, FL; Owner: VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.)
- WYKE-LP (Channel 49; INGLIS/YANKEETOWN, FL; Owner: CITRUS COUNTY ASSOCIATION FOR RETARDED CITIZENS, INC)
- WOGX (Channel 51; OCALA, FL; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCJB-TV (Channel 20; GAINESVILLE, FL; Owner: DIVERSIFIED BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.