Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 12,458
Males: 6,169 (49.5%), Females: 6,289 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 43.2 years
Median household income: $28,035 (year 2000)
Median house value: $72,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Homosassa Springs:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.9%)
- Hispanic (2.1%)
- American Indian (1.3%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Black (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (21.6%), Irish (17.8%), English (15.5%), United States (11.6%), Italian (7.0%), French (4.4%).
New! Springs, Florida forum
Elevation: 6 feet
Land area: 25.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Homosassa Springs
- High school or higher: 73.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Homosassa Springs CDP
- Never married: 16.5%
- Now married: 59.2%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 9.5%
- Divorced: 14.0%
2.7% Foreign born (1.2% Europe, 0.7% North America, 0.4% Asia, 0.4% Latin America).
in Plantation, FL - the perfect home in Plantation Florida - Keller Williams />
Homes - Current Home Listings, MLS, Houses For Sale & More In FL. Free! />
FL Homes for Sale - estates, new homes, and more Michael Saunders & Company />
Florida Homes - home and real estate listings in Tampa, Florida. Updated MLS. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Hill, FL Spring (22.7 miles pop. 69,078).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: FL Tampa, (58.1 miles pop. 303,447).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (884.2 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: FL (4.9 miles Homosassa, Woods, FL (5.4 miles Sugarmill FL (5.5 miles Lecanto, River, FL Crystal (7.1 miles Diamond, FL (8.2 miles Black Hills, FL (10.0 miles Beverly Hills, FL (10.3 miles Citrus Ridge, FL (10.7 miles Pine
Latitude: 28.81 N, Longitude: 82.55 W
Area code: 352
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.5%), Retail trade (16.4%), Construction (15.1%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,101 (-24.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 712 (15.0%)
Average climate in Homosassa Springs, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Homosassa Springs-area historical tornado activity is near Florida state average. It is 51% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/9/1983, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 7.7 miles away from the Homosassa Springs city center killed 3 people and injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 12/31/1975, a category 3 tornado 32.2 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 26 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Homosassa Springs:
- SEVEN RIVERS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 11 miles; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL)
- CITRUS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; INVERNESS, FL)
- BROOKSVILLE REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 23 miles; BROOKSVILLE, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Homosassa Springs:
- OCALA INTL-JIM TAYLOR FIELD (about 34 miles; OCALA, FL; ID: OCF)
- TAMPA INTL (about 58 miles; TAMPA, FL; ID: TPA)
- ST PETERSBURG-CLEARWATER INTL (about 64 miles; ST PETERSBURG-CLEARWATER, FL; ID: PIE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Homosassa Springs:
- CRYSTAL RIVER (about 5 miles; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; ID: CGC)
- INVERNESS (about 18 miles; INVERNESS, FL; ID: X40)
- DUNNELLON/MARION CO & PARK OF COMMERCE (about 21 miles; DUNNELLON, FL; ID: X35)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Homosassa Springs:
- PASCO-HERNANDO COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 36 miles; NEW PORT RICHEY, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,868)
- CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 37 miles; OCALA, FL; FT enrollment: 3,101)
- SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY (about 38 miles; ST LEO, FL; FT enrollment: 6,597)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA (about 53 miles; TAMPA, FL; FT enrollment: 26,221)
- HILLSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 61 miles; TAMPA, FL; FT enrollment: 9,630)
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA (about 61 miles; TAMPA, FL; FT enrollment: 2,963)
- SANTA FE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 61 miles; GAINESVILLE, FL; FT enrollment: 7,942)
Cemetery: Stage Stand Cemetery (1).
Homosassa Springs compared to Florida state average:
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Homosassa Springs:
- WRZN (720 AM; 10 kW; HERNANDO, FL; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WINV (1560 AM; daytime; 7 kW; BEVERLY HILLS, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC.)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQTM (740 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMGG (820 AM; 50 kW; LARGO, FL; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ST. PETERSBURG LICENSEE)
- WQYK (1010 AM; 50 kW; SEFFNER, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF TAMPA)
- WFLA (970 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDYZ (990 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WHNZ (1250 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WCFI (1290 AM; 10 kW; OCALA, FL; Owner: VECTOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WFVR (910 AM; 50 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTBN (570 AM; 5 kW; PINELLAS PARK, FL; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Homosassa Springs:
- WHGN (91.9 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WJIX-LP (103.1 FM; HOMOSASSA, FL; Owner: CHRISTIAN RADIO NETWORK INC)
- WXCV (95.3 FM; HOMOSASSA SPRINGS, FL; Owner: WXOF, INC.)
- WJUF (90.1 FM; INVERNESS, FL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES, UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA)
- WLMS (88.3 FM; LECANTO, FL; Owner: THE BP OF DIOCESE OF ST. P/BURG FL.)
- W215AJ (90.9 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, ETC., FL; Owner: MARION COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.)
- WKTK (98.5 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; Owner: ENTERCOM GAINESVILLE LICENSE, LLC)
- WXOF (96.3 FM; YANKEETOWN, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC)
- WOGK (93.7 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: OCALA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WDUV (105.5 FM; NEW PORT RICHEY, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGUL-FM (106.3 FM; BEVERLY HILLS, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC.)
- WIFL (104.3 FM; INGLIS, FL; Owner: SEVEN RIVERS BROADCAST MINISTRY, INC.)
- WXTB (97.9 FM; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WAQV (90.9 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WTRS (102.3 FM; DUNNELLON, FL; Owner: ASTERISK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Homosassa Springs:
- WYKE-LP (Channel 49; INGLIS/YANKEETOWN, FL; Owner: CITRUS COUNTY ASSOCIATION FOR RETARDED CITIZENS, INC)
- W61AK (Channel 61; INVERNESS, FL; Owner: VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.)
- WTSP (Channel 10; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
- WOGX (Channel 51; OCALA, FL; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.