Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,846. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,606 (-3.5% change)
Males: 3,626 (53.0%), Females: 3,220 (47.0%)
Median resident age: 46.2 years
Median household income: $41,522 (year 2000)
Median house value: $263,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Islamorada:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (90.9%)
- Hispanic (6.7%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Other race (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (21.1%), German (19.3%), English (18.5%), United States (8.0%), Italian (7.2%), Polish (5.7%).
New! Florida forum
Elevation: 5 feet
Land area: 7.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Islamorada
- High school or higher: 91.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 28.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.0%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Islamorada
- Never married: 23.1%
- Now married: 56.7%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 13.6%
6.7% Foreign born (2.9% Europe, 2.7% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +109 (+1.6%).
West Real Estate - all sales listings in the Florida Keys, including Key West! />
hotels - Great Deals & Exclusive ORBITZ Rates at Leading Hotels in Florida! />
Hotels - Here First for Great Deals on hotels in Islamorada, Florida. />
Miami FL Homes - View Hundreds of FL Homes Search the North Miami FL mls />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: FL Kendall, (53.6 miles pop. 75,226).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: FL Miami, (64.7 miles pop. 362,470).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (1068.3 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: FL (8.8 miles Tavernier, Layton, FL (15.7 miles) , Largo, FL Key (17.3 miles Key, FL Duck (23.2 miles Colony Beach, FL (31.4 miles Key Key Largo, FL North (32.3 miles FL Marathon, (32.7 miles City, FL Florida (36.7 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $95,000
Latitude: 24.94 N, Longitude: 80.61 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (21.1%), Retail trade (20.2%), Educational,health and social services (12.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,657 (-24.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 806 (22.7%)
Average climate in Islamorada, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Islamorada-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Florida state average. It is 68% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/4/1998, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 15.0 miles away from the Islamorada city center injured 20 people and caused $25 million in damages.
On 12/20/1973, a category 2 tornado 36.0 miles away from the city center injured 9 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
alt="Islamorada topographic map" align="right" border="0" height="300" width="400" />
Hospitals/medical centers near Islamorada:
- MARINERS HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; TAVERNIER, FL)
- FISHERMENS HOSPITAL (about 32 miles; MARATHON, FL)
- HOMESTEAD HOSPITAL INC (about 39 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Islamorada:
- THE FLORIDA KEYS MARATHON (about 34 miles; MARATHON, FL; ID: MTH)
- MIAMI INTL (about 63 miles; MIAMI, FL; ID: MIA)
- KEY WEST INTL (about 83 miles; KEY WEST, FL; ID: EYW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Islamorada:
- MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX VIP (about 38 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL; ID: VI2)
- HOMESTEAD GENERAL AVIATION (about 38 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL; ID: X51)
- MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX EMS (about 39 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL; ID: MC4)
ISLAMORADA (82201 OVERSEAS HWY.) - Bus Station. Services: snack bar.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Firefighters ||18 ||$62,302 ||$41,534 ||14 ||$1,951 |
|Police - Other ||1 ||$2,860 ||$34,320 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||9 ||$20,663 ||$27,550 ||15 ||$9,334 |
|Other Government Administration ||12 ||$59,371 ||$59,371 ||5 ||$1,661 |
|Financial Administration ||2 ||$8,655 ||$51,930 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||9 ||$23,471 ||$31,294 ||0 ||$0 |
|Fire - Other ||1 ||$2,863 ||$34,356 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||7 ||$24,498 ||$41,996 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||59 ||$204,682 ||$41,630 ||34 ||$12,945 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Islamorada:
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI (about 45 miles; CORAL GABLES, FL; Full-time enrollment: 13,050)
- FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY (about 45 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 22,716)
- MIAMI-DADE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 66 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 25,323)
- BARRY UNIVERSITY (about 73 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 5,780)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 83 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 87 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 88 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)
Private high school in Islamorada:
- ISLAND CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 227; Location: 83400 OVERSEAS HWY; Grades: PK - 12)
Islamorada compared to Florida state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- House age below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Islamorada:
- WWFE (670 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: FENIX BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WVCG (1080 AM; 50 kW; CORAL GABLES, FL; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WQBA (1140 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: WQBA-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WAQI (710 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: LICENSE CORPORATION #1)
- WSUA (1260 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: WSUA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRFX (940 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNMA (1210 AM; 49 kW; MIAMI SPRINGS, FL; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF MIAMI LICENSE CORP.)
- WRHC (1550 AM; 45 kW; CORAL GABLES, FL; Owner: WRHC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WJNA (640 AM; 38 kW; ROYAL PALM BEACH, FL; Owner: SOUTH FLORIDA RADIO, INC.)
- WWNN (1470 AM; 50 kW; POMPANO BEACH, FL; Owner: WWNN LICENSE, LLC)
- WFTL (850 AM; 50 kW; WEST PALM BEACH, FL; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL ENTERPRISES II, L.L.C.)
- WRHB (1020 AM; 9 kW; KENDALL, FL; Owner: NEW WORLD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WOIR (1430 AM; 5 kW; HOMESTEAD, FL; Owner: AMANECER CHRISTIAN NETWORK, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Islamorada:
- W221AY (92.1 FM; ISLAMORADA, FL; Owner: THE SCHOOL BD OFMIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA)
- WFKZ (103.1 FM; PLANTATION KEY, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCTH (100.3 FM; PLANTATION KEY, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKEZ-FM (96.9 FM; TAVERNIER, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WZMQ (106.3 FM; KEY LARGO, FL; Owner: SOUTH BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WRTO (98.3 FM; GOULDS, FL; Owner: LICENSE CORPORATION #2)
- WKLG (102.1 FM; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: WKLG, INC.)
- WMCU (89.7 FM; MIAMI, FL; Owner: TRINITY INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WMKL (91.7 FM; KEY LARGO, FL; Owner: CALL COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Islamorada:
- W32AB (Channel 32; MATECUMBE, FL; Owner: KEY COMMUNICATIONS OF TEXAS)
- W43AD (Channel 43; MATECUMBE, FL; Owner: CAYO HUESO NETWORKS, LLC)
- W27AY (Channel 27; MATECUMBE, FL; Owner: BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS - MONROE COUNTY)
- W40AA (Channel 40; MATECUMBE, FL; Owner: CAYO HUESO NETWORKS, LLC)
- W54BB (Channel 54; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: WDLP BROADCASTING COMPANY, LLC)
- WEYS-LP (Channel 56; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: CAYO HUESO NETWORKS, LLC)
- W67AP (Channel 67; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WTVJ (Channel 6; MIAMI, FL; Owner: NBC STATIONS MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WGEN-LP (Channel 55; MIAMI, FL; Owner: WDLP BROADCASTING COMPANY, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.