Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,886
Males: 6,165 (51.9%), Females: 5,721 (48.1%)
Median resident age: 43.1 years
Median household income: $42,577 (year 2000)
Median house value: $174,200 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Key Largo:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (79.5%)
- Hispanic (16.6%)
- Black (2.0%)
- Two or more races (1.9%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (19.1%), English (14.5%), Irish (13.4%), Italian (8.5%), United States (8.1%), French (5.1%).
New! Largo, Florida forum
Elevation: 6 feet
Land area: 12.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Key Largo
- High school or higher: 84.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 24.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.1%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Key Largo CDP
- Never married: 20.0%
- Now married: 57.3%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 6.2%
- Divorced: 14.7%
16.0% Foreign born (10.2% Latin America, 3.4% Europe).
West Real Estate - all sales listings in the Florida Keys, including Key West! />
in Miami FL - Apartment Search at Rent.com. Report Your Lease To Us & Get $100! />
Largo Florida Hotels - Key Largo Florida hotels. See our Florida hotels guide. />
Rental Florida Keys - boats, Angler 22s Great rates Free local delivery to your hotel. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: FL Kendall, (39.1 miles pop. 75,226).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: FL Miami, (49.2 miles pop. 362,470).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (1076.7 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: FL (8.6 miles Tavernier, Key Largo, FL North (15.2 miles FL Islamorada, (17.3 miles Islandia, FL (23.6 miles) , City, FL Florida (24.1 miles FL (25.3 miles Homestead, Base, FL (26.6 miles Homestead City, FL (26.8 miles Leisure
Latitude: 25.11 N, Longitude: 80.43 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (22.4%), Retail trade (12.9%), Educational,health and social services (11.6%), Construction (11.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -549 (-4.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,032 (51.5%)
Average climate in Key Largo, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Key Largo-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Florida state average. It is 58% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/4/1998, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 2.3 miles away from the Key Largo city center injured 20 people and caused $25 million in damages.
On 6/17/1959, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 44.3 miles away from the city center injured 77 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Key Largo:
- MARINERS HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; TAVERNIER, FL)
- HOMESTEAD HOSPITAL INC (about 26 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL)
- HEALTHSOUTH DOCTORS HOSPITAL (about 32 miles; CORAL GABLES, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Key Largo:
- MIAMI INTL (about 48 miles; MIAMI, FL; ID: MIA)
- THE FLORIDA KEYS MARATHON (about 51 miles; MARATHON, FL; ID: MTH)
- FORT LAUDERDALE/HOLLYWOOD INTL (about 69 miles; FORT LAUDERDALE, FL; ID: FLL)
Other public-use airports nearest to Key Largo:
- MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX VIP (about 23 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL; ID: VI2)
- MOTORSPORTS COMPLEX EMS (about 24 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL; ID: MC4)
- HOMESTEAD GENERAL AVIATION (about 28 miles; HOMESTEAD, FL; ID: X51)
KEY LARGO (102 OVERSEAS HWY.) - Bus Station. Services: public payphones, full-service food facilities.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Key Largo:
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI (about 32 miles; CORAL GABLES, FL; Full-time enrollment: 13,050)
- FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY (about 32 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 22,716)
- MIAMI-DADE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 50 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 25,323)
- BARRY UNIVERSITY (about 57 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 5,780)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 68 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 72 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 73 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)
Public primary/middle schools in Key Largo:
- KEY LARGO SCHOOL (Students: 1,071; Location: 104801 OVERSEAS HIGHWAY; Grades: PK - 08)
- HURRICANE ISLAND OUTWARD BOUND (Students: 16; Location: 100693 OVERSEAS HIGHWAY; Grades: 06 - 12)
Private primary/middle schools in Key Largo:
- KEYS ACADEMY OF MARINE SCIENCE (Students: 60; Location: 1032000 US HIGHWAY 1 SUITE 1; Grades: PK - 8)
- THE ACADEMY AT OCEAN REEF (Students: 56; Location: 2 DOCKSIDE LANE; Grades: PK - 4)
Notable locations in Key Largo: Port Largo Plaza (A), Waldorf Plaza (B).
Shopping Centers: Tavernier Towne II Shopping Center (1), The Tradewinds Shopping Center (2).
Churches in Key Largo include: Church of the Nazarene (A), Getman Memorial Church (B), Saint Justin Martyr Catholic Church (C), Saint Margarets Church (D), Immanuel Lutheran Church (E), Jehovahs Witnesses Church (F), Church of God (G).
Creek: North Sound Creek (A).
Park in Key Largo: John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park (1).
Key Largo compared to Florida state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Key Largo:
- WWFE (670 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: FENIX BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WVCG (1080 AM; 50 kW; CORAL GABLES, FL; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WQBA (1140 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: WQBA-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WAQI (710 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: LICENSE CORPORATION #1)
- WSUA (1260 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: WSUA BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRFX (940 AM; 50 kW; MIAMI, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNMA (1210 AM; 49 kW; MIAMI SPRINGS, FL; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF MIAMI LICENSE CORP.)
- WRHC (1550 AM; 45 kW; CORAL GABLES, FL; Owner: WRHC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WRHB (1020 AM; 9 kW; KENDALL, FL; Owner: NEW WORLD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWNN (1470 AM; 50 kW; POMPANO BEACH, FL; Owner: WWNN LICENSE, LLC)
- WOIR (1430 AM; 5 kW; HOMESTEAD, FL; Owner: AMANECER CHRISTIAN NETWORK, INC.)
- WJNA (640 AM; 38 kW; ROYAL PALM BEACH, FL; Owner: SOUTH FLORIDA RADIO, INC.)
- WFTL (850 AM; 50 kW; WEST PALM BEACH, FL; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL ENTERPRISES II, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Key Largo:
- WMKL (91.7 FM; KEY LARGO, FL; Owner: CALL COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC.)
- WKLG (102.1 FM; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: WKLG, INC.)
- WZMQ (106.3 FM; KEY LARGO, FL; Owner: SOUTH BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WRTO (98.3 FM; GOULDS, FL; Owner: LICENSE CORPORATION #2)
- WMCU (89.7 FM; MIAMI, FL; Owner: TRINITY INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WKEZ-FM (96.9 FM; TAVERNIER, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFKZ (103.1 FM; PLANTATION KEY, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCTH (100.3 FM; PLANTATION KEY, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W228AY (93.5 FM; KEY LARGO, FL; Owner: THE SCHOOL BR OFMIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA)
- WXDJ (95.7 FM; NORTH MIAMI BEACH, FL; Owner: WXDJ LICENSING, INC.)
- WDNA (88.9 FM; MIAMI, FL; Owner: BASCOMB MEMORIAL BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- WMFL (88.5 FM; FLORIDA CITY, FL; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- W221AY (92.1 FM; ISLAMORADA, FL; Owner: THE SCHOOL BD OFMIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA)
TV broadcast stations around Key Largo:
- W54BB (Channel 54; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: WDLP BROADCASTING COMPANY, LLC)
- WEYS-LP (Channel 56; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: CAYO HUESO NETWORKS, LLC)
- W67AP (Channel 67; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W32AB (Channel 32; MATECUMBE, FL; Owner: KEY COMMUNICATIONS OF TEXAS)
- WTVJ (Channel 6; MIAMI, FL; Owner: NBC STATIONS MANAGEMENT, INC.)
- WGEN-LP (Channel 55; MIAMI, FL; Owner: WDLP BROADCASTING COMPANY, LLC)
- WPMF-LP (Channel 31; MIAMI, FL; Owner: JAMES J. CHLADEK)
- W43AD (Channel 43; MATECUMBE, FL; Owner: CAYO HUESO NETWORKS, LLC)
- W27AY (Channel 27; MATECUMBE, FL; Owner: BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS - MONROE COUNTY)
- W40AA (Channel 40; MATECUMBE, FL; Owner: CAYO HUESO NETWORKS, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.