Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,106
Males: 3,505 (49.3%), Females: 3,601 (50.7%)
Median resident age: 38.5 years
Median household income: $47,437 (year 2000)
Median house value: $132,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Lake Lorraine:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (79.7%)
- Black (8.5%)
- Hispanic (5.4%)
- Two or more races (3.1%)
- Other race (1.9%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Filipino (1.1%)
- Korean (0.7%)
- Other Asian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (13.5%), United States (13.3%), English (10.9%), Irish (9.0%), French (3.8%), Italian (3.6%).
New! Lorraine, Florida forum
Elevation: 5 feet
Land area: 2.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Lake Lorraine
- High school or higher: 91.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 30.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.5%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Lake Lorraine CDP
- Never married: 22.4%
- Now married: 58.2%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 12.8%
6.1% Foreign born (2.8% Asia, 2.0% Europe, 1.1% Latin America).
Real Estate - Current Home Listings, MLS, Houses For Sale & More In FL. Free! />
Walton Beach Florida - Fort Walton Beach Florida Phone Numbers, Addresses & Maps. />
FL Homes - View Thousands of Homes. Search the Niceville, FL area MLS. />
for Homes - Real Estate Listings Search. View Properties in Florida. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: FL Pensacola, (43.9 miles pop. 56,255).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: AL Montgomery, (134.3 miles pop. 201,568).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (607.3 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: FL (0.8 miles Shalimar, AFB, FL (1.7 miles Eglin City, FL (2.5 miles Ocean Bayou, FL (3.0 miles Cinco Walton Beach, FL Fort (3.5 miles FL (4.5 miles Wright, Esther, FL (6.4 miles Mary FL (6.8 miles Valparaiso,
Latitude: 30.44 N, Longitude: 86.57 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 850
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.2%), Retail trade (17.6%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (14.0%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,645 (-37.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 242 (6.7%)
Average climate in Lake Lorraine, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Lake Lorraine-area historical tornado activity is near Florida state average. It is 42% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/25/1964, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 3.0 miles away from the Lake Lorraine city center injured 4 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 12/10/1967, a category 3 tornado 27.7 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Lake Lorraine:
- FORT WALTON BEACH MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL)
- GULF COAST TREATMENT CENTER (about 4 miles; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL)
- TWIN CITIES HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; NICEVILLE, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Lake Lorraine:
- HURLBURT FIELD (about 9 miles; MARY ESTHER, FL; ID: HRT)
- PENSACOLA REGIONAL (about 43 miles; PENSACOLA, FL; ID: PNS)
- PANAMA CITY-BAY CO INTL (about 65 miles; PANAMA CITY, FL; ID: PFN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Lake Lorraine:
- DESTIN-FORT WALTON BEACH (about 8 miles; DESTIN, FL; ID: DTS)
- EGLIN AF AUX NR 3 DUKE (about 15 miles; VALPARAISO, FL; ID: EGI)
- FORT WALTON BEACH (about 18 miles; NAVARRE, FL; ID: 1J9)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lake Lorraine:
- OKALOOSA-WALTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; NICEVILLE, FL; Full-time enrollment: 3,374)
- PENSACOLA JUNIOR COLLEGE (about 43 miles; PENSACOLA, FL; FT enrollment: 6,036)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF WEST FLORIDA (about 45 miles; PENSACOLA, FL; FT enrollment: 6,282)
- GULF COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 67 miles; PANAMA CITY, FL; FT enrollment: 3,140)
- JAMES H FAULKNER STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 88 miles; BAY MINETTE, AL; FT enrollment: 2,050)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA-BALDWIN (about 92 miles; FAIRHOPE, AL; FT enrollment: 5,582)
- GEORGE C WALLACE STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE-DOTHAN (about 98 miles; DOTHAN, AL; FT enrollment: 2,703)
Notable locations in Lake Lorraine: Sun Plaza (A), Ferry Pass Plaza (B).
Shopping Center: Eastgate North Shopping Center (1).
Lakes and reservoirs: Lorraine, Lake (A), Lake Vivian (B), Lake Clyde (C).
Lake Lorraine compared to Florida state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- House age below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Lake Lorraine:
- WFTW (1260 AM; 3 kW; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBZR (1120 AM; daytime; 2 kW; DESTIN, FL; Owner: DESTINY COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WJGC (1400 AM; 1 kW; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: YESTERDAY'S RADIO NETWORK, LLC)
- WEBY (1330 AM; 25 kW; MILTON, FL; Owner: SPINNAKER LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFSH (1340 AM; 1 kW; VALPARAISO-NICEVILLE, FL; Owner: BAYOU COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WJSB (1050 AM; 5 kW; CRESTVIEW, FL; Owner: CRESTVIEW BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WZEP (1460 AM; 10 kW; DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, FL; Owner: WALTON COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNVY (1090 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CANTONMENT, FL; Owner: 1090-AM INC.)
- WGTX (1280 AM; 5 kW; DE FUNIAK SPRINGS, FL)
- WRNE (980 AM; 3 kW; GULF BREEZE, FL; Owner: MEDIA ONE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDLT (660 AM; 10 kW; FAIRHOPE, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WCOA (1370 AM; 5 kW; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Lake Lorraine:
- WKSM (99.5 FM; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WNCV (100.3 FM; NICEVILLE, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WYZB (105.5 FM; MARY ESTHER, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WPSM (91.1 FM; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: FT. WALTON BEACH EDUC. B/CNG FOUND.)
- WZNS (96.5 FM; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTKX-FM (101.5 FM; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMMK (92.1 FM; DESTIN, FL; Owner: GULF BREEZE MEDIA, INC.)
- WXBM-FM (102.7 FM; MILTON, FL; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WTKE (98.1 FM; HOLT, FL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAAZ-FM (104.7 FM; CRESTVIEW, FL; Owner: CRESTVIEW BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WWAV (102.1 FM; SANTA ROSA BEACH, FL; Owner: QANTUM OF FORT WALTON BEACH LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WUWF (88.1 FM; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF WEST FLORIDA)
- WMXZ (103.1 FM; DE FUNIAK SPRINGS, FL; Owner: QANTUM OF FORT WALTON BEACH LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WSBZ (106.3 FM; MIRAMAR BEACH, FL; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTJT (90.1 FM; BAKER, FL; Owner: OKALOOSA PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Lake Lorraine:
- W26BV (Channel 26; PANAMA CITY, FL; Owner: RICHARD C. & LISA A. GOETZ)
- WFGX (Channel 35; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: TELEVISION FIT FOR LIFE, INC.)
- W69DH (Channel 69; PANAMA CITY, FL; Owner: RICHARD & LISA GOETZ)
- WAWD (Channel 58; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: RAINBOW 58 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSRE (Channel 23; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: DST .BD. OF TRUSTEES PENSACOLA JR. COLLEGE)
- WDES-CA (Channel 48; DESTIN, FL; Owner: BEACH TV PROPERTIES, INC.)
- WPAN (Channel 53; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: FRANKLIN MEDIA, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.