Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 32,732
Males: 15,545 (47.5%), Females: 17,187 (52.5%)
Median resident age: 51.2 years
Median household income: $41,570 (year 2000)
Median house value: $112,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Palm Coast:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (80.1%)
- Black (10.3%)
- Hispanic (6.7%)
- Two or more races (1.7%)
- Other race (1.2%)
- Filipino (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (17.3%), German (16.3%), Italian (15.7%), English (12.1%), Polish (5.0%), United States (4.5%).Coast, Florida
Elevation: 10 feet
Land area: 50.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Palm Coast
- High school or higher: 85.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.3%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Palm Coast city
- Never married: 12.9%
- Now married: 69.7%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 9.2%
- Divorced: 7.2%
12.7% Foreign born (5.4% Europe, 5.1% Latin America, 1.6% Asia).
Coast real estate - own real estate expert Immediate results in here. />
Estate Auctions - RealEstate Auction Buy Homes/Land Under Market Value />
Hotel - New 2006 - Village between Daytona & St Aug. 42" plasma TV's Great rates />
Real Estate - View Hundreds of FL Homes Search the Wimauma FL MLS />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Beach, FL Daytona (26.2 miles pop. 64,112).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: FL Jacksonville, (61.8 miles pop. 735,617).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (835.3 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Beach, FL Beverly (5.3 miles FL Bunnell, (5.4 miles Beach, FL Flagler (8.0 miles Marineland, FL (9.0 miles) , Beach, FL Crescent (15.9 miles FL (17.5 miles Ormond-By-The-Sea, Beach, FL (18.3 miles Butler Augustine Shores, FL (19.8 miles St.
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2000: 232 buildings, average cost: $97,600
- 2001: 1524 buildings, average cost: $110,000
- 2002: 2057 buildings, average cost: $116,000
- 2003: 3481 buildings, average cost: $123,500
- 2004: 3951 buildings, average cost: $138,200
- 2005: 3043 buildings, average cost: $191,800
Latitude: 29.54 N, Longitude: 81.22 W
Area code: 386
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.6%), Retail trade (16.9%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,973 (-12.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 5,581 (45.8%)
Average climate in Palm Coast, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Palm Coast-area historical tornado activity is near Florida state average. It is 25% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/15/1958, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 23.5 miles away from the Palm Coast city center injured 9 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 2/7/1971, a category 3 tornado 27.4 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Palm Coast:
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL FLAGLER SW BEDS (about 9 miles; BUNNELL, FL)
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL ORMOND PENINSULA (about 20 miles; ORMOND BEACH, FL)
- FLAGLER HOSPITAL WEST (about 24 miles; SAINT AUGUSTINE, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Palm Coast:
- DAYTONA BEACH INTL (about 29 miles; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; ID: DAB)
- ST AUGUSTINE (about 30 miles; ST AUGUSTINE, FL; ID: SGJ)
- ORLANDO SANFORD (about 54 miles; ORLANDO, FL; ID: SFB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Palm Coast:
- FLAGLER COUNTY (about 6 miles; BUNNELL, FL; ID: X47)
- ORMOND BEACH MUNI (about 19 miles; ORMOND BEACH, FL; ID: OMN)
- PIERSON MUNI (about 27 miles; PIERSON, FL; ID: 2J8)
Local government employment and payroll (March 2004)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Other and Unallocable ||9 ||$19,798 ||$26,397 ||0 ||$0 |
|Water Supply ||57 ||$199,687 ||$42,039 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||36 ||$96,340 ||$32,113 ||1 ||$1,948 |
|Fire - Other ||1 ||$2,276 ||$27,312 ||0 ||$0 |
|Firefighters ||31 ||$102,778 ||$39,785 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||35 ||$127,119 ||$43,583 ||1 ||$1,665 |
|Financial Administration ||8 ||$25,897 ||$38,845 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||11 ||$28,762 ||$31,376 ||6 ||$5,836 |
|Solid Waste Management ||2 ||$5,407 ||$32,442 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||190 ||$608,064 ||$38,404 ||8 ||$9,449 | College/University in Palm Coast:
- GIUMENTA SCHOOL OF REAL ESTATE (Location: 7 FLORIDA PK DR; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Palm Coast:
- EMBRY RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Full-time enrollment: 9,008)
- DAYTONA BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 27 miles; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; FT enrollment: 6,257)
- BETHUNE COOKMAN COLLEGE (about 27 miles; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; FT enrollment: 2,638)
- SAINT JOHNS RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 33 miles; PALATKA, FL; FT enrollment: 2,509)
- STETSON UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; DELAND, FL; FT enrollment: 2,966)
- SEMINOLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 53 miles; SANFORD, FL; FT enrollment: 5,261)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH FLORIDA (about 55 miles; JACKSONVILLE, FL; FT enrollment: 9,256)
Private high school in Palm Coast:
- PALM COAST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 67; Location: PO BOX 350826; Grades: KG - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Palm Coast:
- INDIAN TRAILS K-8 CENTER (Students: 1,978; Location: 5505 BELLE TERRE PARKWAY; Grades: PK - 08)
- LEWIS E. WADSWORTH ELEMENTARY (Students: 1,204; Location: P.O. BOX 353010; Grades: PK - 05)
- BUDDY TAYLOR MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,174; Location: 4500 BELLE TERRE PARKWAY; Grades: 06 - 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Palm Coast:
- ST ELIZABETH ANN SETON SCHOOL (Students: 197; Location: 4600 BELLE TERRE PKWY; Grades: PK - 4)
- FLAGLER CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 20; Location: P.O. BOX 351668; Grades: KG - 7)
Library in Palm Coast:
- FLAGLER COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $626,466; Location: 2500 PALM COAST PARKWAY NW; 70,989 books; 1,382 audio materials; 1,749 video materials; 187 serial subscriptions)
Lakes and swamps: Lehigh Cement Company Lake (A), Black Branch Swamp (B).
Palm Coast compared to Florida state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Palm Coast:
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WONQ (1030 AM; 45 kW; OVIEDO, FL; Owner: FLORIDA BROADCASTERS)
- WIXC (1060 AM; 50 kW; TITUSVILLE, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS I, INC.)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDYZ (990 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WQTM (740 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGSR (1570 AM; 50 kW; FERNANDINA BEACH, FL; Owner: RJM COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WELE (1380 AM; 5 kW; ORMOND BEACH, FL; Owner: WINGS COMMUNICATIONS, INCORPORATED)
- WOBS (1530 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WSOS (1170 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ST. AUGUSTINE BEACH, FL; Owner: 3 POINT MEDIA - FLORIDA, LLC)
- WHOO (1080 AM; daytime; 35 kW; KISSIMMEE, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS I, INC.)
- WYND (1310 AM; 9 kW; DELAND, FL; Owner: BUDDY TUCKER ASSOCIATION, INC.)
- WFVR (910 AM; 50 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Palm Coast:
- WGNE-FM (99.9 FM; PALATKA, FL; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- W247AJ (97.3 FM; PALM COAST, FL; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WJHM (101.9 FM; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WOCL (105.9 FM; DELAND, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WMGF (107.7 FM; MOUNT DORA, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCFB (94.5 FM; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WJLH (90.3 FM; FLAGLER BEACH, FL; Owner: CORNERSTONE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSJF (105.5 FM; ST. AUGUSTINE BEACH, FL; Owner: TAMA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHOG-FM (95.7 FM; ORMOND-BY-THE-SEA, FL; Owner: BLACK CROW RADIO, LLC)
- WVYB (103.3 FM; HOLLY HILL, FL; Owner: BLACK CROW MEDIA, LLC)
- WAPN (91.5 FM; HOLLY HILL, FL; Owner: PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WFBO-LP (93.3 FM; FLAGLER BEACH, FL; Owner: HALIFAX CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY CHURCH INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Palm Coast:
- WCEU (Channel 15; NEW SMYRNA BEACH, FL; Owner: DAYTONA BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WESH (Channel 2; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: ORLANDO HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WXXU-LP (Channel 12; ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS)
- WVEN-TV (Channel 26; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WJWB (Channel 17; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQXT-CA (Channel 22; ST. AUGUSTINE, FL; Owner: AIA TV, INC.)
- WPXB-LP (Channel 57; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WDYB-LP (Channel 53; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.