Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,409
Males: 3,076 (48.0%), Females: 3,333 (52.0%)
Median resident age: 65.0 years
Median household income: $43,447 (year 2000)
Median house value: $115,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Sugarmill Woods:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.5%)
- Hispanic (1.4%)
- Black (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (25.9%), English (19.6%), Irish (17.2%), Italian (9.5%), United States (5.5%), French (4.9%).
New! Woods, Florida forum
Elevation: 80 feet
Land area: 26.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Sugarmill Woods
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.0%
- Unemployed: 8.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Sugarmill Woods CDP
- Never married: 7.9%
- Now married: 75.1%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 9.8%
- Divorced: 6.1%
5.2% Foreign born (2.2% Europe, 1.5% Asia, 0.8% North America).
Homes in Homosassa - Golf Holes, 2 Country Clubs, and great floorplans by Mercedes Homes. />
Hill Real Estate - Homes For Sale Search Realtor's MLS For Homes />
Real Estate - Del Webb Homes in Ocala, FL Contact for Pre-Construction Prices />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Hill, FL Spring (17.7 miles pop. 69,078).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: FL Tampa, (52.9 miles pop. 303,447).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (886.5 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Springs, FL (5.4 miles Homosassa FL (7.4 miles Homosassa, FL (8.5 miles Lecanto, Diamond, FL (12.5 miles Black River, FL Crystal (12.6 miles Hills, FL (12.6 miles Citrus FL (13.0 miles Brookridge, Lake Lindsey, FL (13.0 miles) .
Latitude: 28.73 N, Longitude: 82.52 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 352
Industries providing employment: Retail trade (16.8%), Educational,health and social services (13.9%), Construction (10.5%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.3%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (10.2%).
Average climate in Sugarmill Woods, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Sugarmill Woods-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Florida state average. It is 60% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/9/1983, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 3.1 miles away from the Sugarmill Woods city center killed 3 people and injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 12/31/1975, a category 3 tornado 34.1 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 26 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Sugarmill Woods:
- CITRUS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; INVERNESS, FL)
- SEVEN RIVERS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL)
- BROOKSVILLE REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; BROOKSVILLE, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Sugarmill Woods:
- OCALA INTL-JIM TAYLOR FIELD (about 37 miles; OCALA, FL; ID: OCF)
- TAMPA INTL (about 53 miles; TAMPA, FL; ID: TPA)
- ST PETERSBURG-CLEARWATER INTL (about 59 miles; ST PETERSBURG-CLEARWATER, FL; ID: PIE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Sugarmill Woods:
- CRYSTAL RIVER (about 10 miles; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; ID: CGC)
- INVERNESS (about 17 miles; INVERNESS, FL; ID: X40)
- HERNANDO COUNTY (about 19 miles; BROOKSVILLE, FL; ID: BKV)
Amtrak station near Sugarmill Woods:
- 19 miles: SPRING HILL (2109 COMMERCIAL WAY) - Bus Station
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Sugarmill Woods:
- PASCO-HERNANDO COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 31 miles; NEW PORT RICHEY, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,868)
- SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY (about 33 miles; ST LEO, FL; FT enrollment: 6,597)
- CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 39 miles; OCALA, FL; FT enrollment: 3,101)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA (about 47 miles; TAMPA, FL; FT enrollment: 26,221)
- HILLSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 55 miles; TAMPA, FL; FT enrollment: 9,630)
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA (about 55 miles; TAMPA, FL; FT enrollment: 2,963)
- TRAVIS TECHNICAL CENTER (about 64 miles; LAKELAND, FL; FT enrollment: 2,057)
Notable location: Oak Grove Community Hall (A).
Sugarmill Woods compared to Florida state average:
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Sugarmill Woods:
- WRZN (720 AM; 10 kW; HERNANDO, FL; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WINV (1560 AM; daytime; 7 kW; BEVERLY HILLS, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC.)
- WQTM (740 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMGG (820 AM; 50 kW; LARGO, FL; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ST. PETERSBURG LICENSEE)
- WQYK (1010 AM; 50 kW; SEFFNER, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF TAMPA)
- WFLA (970 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDYZ (990 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WHNZ (1250 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTBN (570 AM; 5 kW; PINELLAS PARK, FL; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WCFI (1290 AM; 10 kW; OCALA, FL; Owner: VECTOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WONQ (1030 AM; 45 kW; OVIEDO, FL; Owner: FLORIDA BROADCASTERS)
Strongest FM radio stations in Sugarmill Woods:
- WHGN (91.9 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WJUF (90.1 FM; INVERNESS, FL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES, UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA)
- WXCV (95.3 FM; HOMOSASSA SPRINGS, FL; Owner: WXOF, INC.)
- WGUL-FM (106.3 FM; BEVERLY HILLS, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC.)
- WLMS (88.3 FM; LECANTO, FL; Owner: THE BP OF DIOCESE OF ST. P/BURG FL.)
- WDUV (105.5 FM; NEW PORT RICHEY, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WKTK (98.5 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; Owner: ENTERCOM GAINESVILLE LICENSE, LLC)
- WOGK (93.7 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: OCALA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- W215AJ (90.9 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, ETC., FL; Owner: MARION COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.)
- WXTB (97.9 FM; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WXOF (96.3 FM; YANKEETOWN, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC)
- WIFL (104.3 FM; INGLIS, FL; Owner: SEVEN RIVERS BROADCAST MINISTRY, INC.)
- WAQV (90.9 FM; CRYSTAL RIVER, FL; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WJIX-LP (103.1 FM; HOMOSASSA, FL; Owner: CHRISTIAN RADIO NETWORK INC)
TV broadcast stations around Sugarmill Woods:
- WYKE-LP (Channel 49; INGLIS/YANKEETOWN, FL; Owner: CITRUS COUNTY ASSOCIATION FOR RETARDED CITIZENS, INC)
- W61AK (Channel 61; INVERNESS, FL; Owner: VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.)
- WTSP (Channel 10; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.