Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,333
Males: 3,970 (47.6%), Females: 4,363 (52.4%)
Median resident age: 66.3 years
Median household income: $42,542 (year 2000)
Median house value: $136,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in The Villages:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.2%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Black (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (25.7%), English (20.1%), Irish (18.8%), Italian (10.6%), French (4.6%), Polish (3.9%).Villages, Florida
Elevation: 75 feet
Land area: 5.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in The Villages
- High school or higher: 89.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.0%
- Unemployed: 8.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in The Villages CDP
- Never married: 2.3%
- Now married: 84.5%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 9.0%
- Divorced: 3.6%
5.8% Foreign born (3.9% Europe, 1.1% North America).
Villages Real Estate - 21 For Sale, Rent Homes In The Greater Villages Area />
Villages Fun for Life - about Living in The Villages Expenses, Bonds, Local Information />
Fl Real Estate - Current & Local Home Listings. Find Real Estate In FL. Free! />
Real Estate - Del Webb Homes in Ocala, FL Contact for Pre-Construction Prices />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: FL Orlando, (49.6 miles pop. 185,951).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: FL Tampa, (75.0 miles pop. 303,447).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (897.3 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Lake, FL Lady (2.8 miles Park, FL (6.8 miles Fruitland FL (7.2 miles Wildwood, FL (10.3 miles Belleview, FL Leesburg, (10.7 miles FL (11.6 miles Coleman, Springs Shores, FL Silver (11.7 miles FL (13.2 miles Lisbon,
Latitude: 28.94 N, Longitude: 81.97 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 352
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.2%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (16.9%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (14.1%), Retail trade (11.3%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (10.8%).
Average climate in The Villages, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
The Villages-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Florida state average. It is 86% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/31/1975, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 16.8 miles away from the The Villages city center killed one person and injured 26 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/9/1983, a category 3 tornado 26.7 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospital/medical center in The Villages:
- VILLAGES REGIONAL HOSPITAL,THE (1451 EL CAMINO REAL)
Other hospitals/medical centers near The Villages:
- LEESBURG REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; LEESBURG, FL)
- MUNROE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 19 miles; OCALA, FL)
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL/WATERMAN (about 22 miles; EUSTIS, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to The Villages:
- OCALA INTL-JIM TAYLOR FIELD (about 24 miles; OCALA, FL; ID: OCF)
- ORLANDO SANFORD (about 53 miles; ORLANDO, FL; ID: SFB)
- GAINESVILLE RGNL (about 56 miles; GAINESVILLE, FL; ID: GNV)
Other public-use airports nearest to The Villages:
- LEESBURG REGIONAL (about 15 miles; LEESBURG, FL; ID: LEE)
- UMATILLA MUNI (about 23 miles; UMATILLA, FL; ID: X23)
- INVERNESS (about 25 miles; INVERNESS, FL; ID: X40)
Amtrak station near The Villages:
- 7 miles: WILDWOOD (601 N. MAIN ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to The Villages:
- CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 21 miles; OCALA, FL; Full-time enrollment: 3,101)
- STETSON UNIVERSITY (about 45 miles; DELAND, FL; FT enrollment: 2,966)
- SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY (about 47 miles; ST LEO, FL; FT enrollment: 6,597)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-ORLANDO CAMPUS (about 48 miles; MAITLAND, FL; FT enrollment: 3,992)
- ROLLINS COLLEGE (about 49 miles; WINTER PARK, FL; FT enrollment: 2,899)
- SEMINOLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 50 miles; SANFORD, FL; FT enrollment: 5,261)
- VALENCIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 53 miles; ORLANDO, FL; FT enrollment: 15,792)
Public primary/middle schools in The Villages:
- VILLAGES CHARTER ELEMENTARY (Students: 720; Location: 521 OLD SCHOOL ROAD; Grades: PK - 05)
- VILLAGES CHARTER MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 352; Location: 450 VILLAGE CAMPUS CIRCLE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- THE VILLAGES CHARTER HIGH (Students: 172; Location: 251 BUFFALO TRAIL; Grades: 09 - 10)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- While the site lists The Villages population at 8300 in 2000, it should be noted that the current population is five times that number in 2004, at about 45,000, and is presently growing at the rate of about 400 per month. added by Jim Speckbrock
Churches in The Villages include: Hope Lutheran Church (A), Fairway Christian Church (B).
Lake: Grass Pond (A).
The Villages compared to Florida state average:
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in The Villages:
- WVLG (640 AM; 1 kW; WILDWOOD, FL; Owner: SENIOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQBQ (1410 AM; 10 kW; LEESBURG, FL)
- WQTM (740 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WLBE (790 AM; 5 kW; LEESBURG-EUSTIS, FL; Owner: WLBE 790, INC.)
- WDYZ (990 AM; 50 kW; ORLANDO, FL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WRZN (720 AM; 10 kW; HERNANDO, FL; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WCFI (1290 AM; 10 kW; OCALA, FL; Owner: VECTOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WONQ (1030 AM; 45 kW; OVIEDO, FL; Owner: FLORIDA BROADCASTERS)
- WQYK (1010 AM; 50 kW; SEFFNER, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF TAMPA)
- WHOO (1080 AM; daytime; 35 kW; KISSIMMEE, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS I, INC.)
- WIXC (1060 AM; 50 kW; TITUSVILLE, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS I, INC.)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in The Villages:
- W212BF (90.3 FM; LEESBURG, FL; Owner: CTRAL FLORIDA EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WOGK (93.7 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: OCALA BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WMFQ (92.9 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: ASTERISK COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WXXL (106.7 FM; TAVARES, FL; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCFB (94.5 FM; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WMGF (107.7 FM; MOUNT DORA, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOCL (105.9 FM; DELAND, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WJHM (101.9 FM; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKSG (89.5 FM; CEDAR CREEK, FL; Owner: DAYSTAR PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WWKQ (88.7 FM; CLERMONT, FL; Owner: HISPANIC BROADCAST SYSTEM, INC.)
- WHIJ (88.1 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WWKO (91.3 FM; BELLEVIEW, FL; Owner: WALKER INFORMATION & ED INSTITUTE INC)
- W244BC (96.7 FM; OCALA, FL; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC)
- WNDD (95.5 FM; SILVER SPRINGS, FL; Owner: OCALA B/CASTING CORP., L.L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around The Villages:
- WESH (Channel 2; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: ORLANDO HEARST-ARGYLE TELEVISION, INC.)
- WZXZ-CA (Channel 11; ORLANDO, ETC., FL; Owner: THE BOX WORLDWIDE LLC)
- WXXU-LP (Channel 12; ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS)
- WVEN-TV (Channel 26; DAYTONA BEACH, FL; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WOGX (Channel 51; OCALA, FL; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- W61AK (Channel 61; INVERNESS, FL; Owner: VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.