Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 21,697
Males: 10,906 (50.3%), Females: 10,791 (49.7%)
Median resident age: 33.6 years
Median household income: $36,940 (year 2000)
Median house value: $94,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Wright:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (73.1%)
- Black (14.0%)
- Hispanic (5.2%)
- Two or more races (4.2%)
- American Indian (1.6%)
- Other race (1.5%)
- Filipino (1.2%)
- Other Asian (0.8%)
- Korean (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (12.9%), Irish (12.2%), United States (9.3%), English (9.3%), Italian (4.2%), Scottish (3.1%).
New! Florida forum
Elevation: 46 feet
Land area: 5.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Wright
- High school or higher: 87.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 21.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.3%
- Unemployed: 5.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wright CDP
- Never married: 27.2%
- Now married: 49.4%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 14.8%
7.1% Foreign born (3.1% Asia, 2.1% Europe, 1.5% Latin America).
Real Estate - Current Home Listings, MLS, Houses For Sale & More In FL. Free! />
Vacation Rentals - Reef Resorts Listings for Private Homes, Townhouses & Condos. />
Beach Florida - Beaches, Southern Hospitality Free Visitor Guide />
Beach Condos - Condos located in Horseshoe Beach, FL w/Gulf Access. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: FL Pensacola, (39.4 miles pop. 56,255).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: AL Montgomery, (134.7 miles pop. 201,568).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (602.9 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: City, FL (2.0 miles Ocean Walton Beach, FL Fort (2.2 miles Bayou, FL (2.5 miles Cinco Esther, FL (2.9 miles Mary FL (3.7 miles Shalimar, Lorraine, FL (4.5 miles Lake AFB, FL (5.9 miles Eglin FL (10.4 miles Valparaiso,
Latitude: 30.45 N, Longitude: 86.64 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 850
Industries providing employment: Retail trade (14.4%), Educational,health and social services (14.0%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (13.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.3%), Public administration (10.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,774 (-17.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,101 (18.1%)
Average climate in Wright, Florida
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Wright-area historical tornado activity is near Florida state average. It is 43% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/25/1964, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.0 miles away from the Wright city center injured 4 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 3/31/1962, a category 3 tornado 29.4 miles away from the city center killed 17 people and injured 100 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Wright:
- FORT WALTON BEACH MEDICAL CENTER (about 3 miles; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL)
- GULF COAST TREATMENT CENTER (about 3 miles; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL)
- TWIN CITIES HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; NICEVILLE, FL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Wright:
- HURLBURT FIELD (about 4 miles; MARY ESTHER, FL; ID: HRT)
- PENSACOLA REGIONAL (about 38 miles; PENSACOLA, FL; ID: PNS)
- PANAMA CITY-BAY CO INTL (about 70 miles; PANAMA CITY, FL; ID: PFN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Wright:
- DESTIN-FORT WALTON BEACH (about 13 miles; DESTIN, FL; ID: DTS)
- FORT WALTON BEACH (about 13 miles; NAVARRE, FL; ID: 1J9)
- EGLIN AF AUX NR 3 DUKE (about 17 miles; VALPARAISO, FL; ID: EGI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wright:
- OKALOOSA-WALTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 14 miles; NICEVILLE, FL; Full-time enrollment: 3,374)
- PENSACOLA JUNIOR COLLEGE (about 39 miles; PENSACOLA, FL; FT enrollment: 6,036)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF WEST FLORIDA (about 41 miles; PENSACOLA, FL; FT enrollment: 6,282)
- GULF COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 71 miles; PANAMA CITY, FL; FT enrollment: 3,140)
- JAMES H FAULKNER STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 84 miles; BAY MINETTE, AL; FT enrollment: 2,050)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA-BALDWIN (about 87 miles; FAIRHOPE, AL; FT enrollment: 5,582)
- BISHOP STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 100 miles; MOBILE, AL; FT enrollment: 2,758)
Notable locations in Wright: Parkway Plaza (A), Mariner Plaza (B).
Wright compared to Florida state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Wright:
- WFTW (1260 AM; 3 kW; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WJGC (1400 AM; 1 kW; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: YESTERDAY'S RADIO NETWORK, LLC)
- WEBY (1330 AM; 25 kW; MILTON, FL; Owner: SPINNAKER LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WBZR (1120 AM; daytime; 2 kW; DESTIN, FL; Owner: DESTINY COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WJSB (1050 AM; 5 kW; CRESTVIEW, FL; Owner: CRESTVIEW BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WFSH (1340 AM; 1 kW; VALPARAISO-NICEVILLE, FL; Owner: BAYOU COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WNVY (1090 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CANTONMENT, FL; Owner: 1090-AM INC.)
- WZEP (1460 AM; 10 kW; DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, FL; Owner: WALTON COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRNE (980 AM; 3 kW; GULF BREEZE, FL; Owner: MEDIA ONE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGTX (1280 AM; 5 kW; DE FUNIAK SPRINGS, FL)
- WCOA (1370 AM; 5 kW; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WDLT (660 AM; 10 kW; FAIRHOPE, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wright:
- WKSM (99.5 FM; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WNCV (100.3 FM; NICEVILLE, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WYZB (105.5 FM; MARY ESTHER, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WPSM (91.1 FM; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: FT. WALTON BEACH EDUC. B/CNG FOUND.)
- WZNS (96.5 FM; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTKX-FM (101.5 FM; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WXBM-FM (102.7 FM; MILTON, FL; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WUWF (88.1 FM; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF WEST FLORIDA)
- WTKE (98.1 FM; HOLT, FL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAAZ-FM (104.7 FM; CRESTVIEW, FL; Owner: CRESTVIEW BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WMMK (92.1 FM; DESTIN, FL; Owner: GULF BREEZE MEDIA, INC.)
- WWAV (102.1 FM; SANTA ROSA BEACH, FL; Owner: QANTUM OF FORT WALTON BEACH LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WMXZ (103.1 FM; DE FUNIAK SPRINGS, FL; Owner: QANTUM OF FORT WALTON BEACH LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WTJT (90.1 FM; BAKER, FL; Owner: OKALOOSA PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- W204BW (88.7 FM; GULF BREEZE, FL; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WSBZ (106.3 FM; MIRAMAR BEACH, FL; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Wright:
- W69DH (Channel 69; PANAMA CITY, FL; Owner: RICHARD & LISA GOETZ)
- WFGX (Channel 35; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: TELEVISION FIT FOR LIFE, INC.)
- W26BV (Channel 26; PANAMA CITY, FL; Owner: RICHARD C. & LISA A. GOETZ)
- WSRE (Channel 23; PENSACOLA, FL; Owner: DST .BD. OF TRUSTEES PENSACOLA JR. COLLEGE)
- WPAN (Channel 53; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: FRANKLIN MEDIA, INC.)
- WAWD (Channel 58; FORT WALTON BEACH, FL; Owner: RAINBOW 58 BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDES-CA (Channel 48; DESTIN, FL; Owner: BEACH TV PROPERTIES, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.