Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 33,841
Males: 15,596 (46.1%), Females: 18,245 (53.9%)
Median resident age: 30.5 years
Median household income: $51,564 (year 2000)
Median house value: $103,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Redan:
- Black (91.3%)
- White Non-Hispanic (5.3%)
- Hispanic (1.8%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- Other race (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: West Indian (5.3%), Subsaharan African (5.0%), United States (2.2%), Irish (1.4%), German (1.3%).Georgia
Elevation: 980 feet
Land area: 9.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Redan
- High school or higher: 91.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 29.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.7%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 38.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Redan CDP
- Never married: 35.9%
- Now married: 45.3%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 2.9%
- Divorced: 12.9%
8.2% Foreign born (5.2% Latin America, 2.1% Africa).
Real Estate - of GA MLS listings, Carol Woodman local Atlanta Realtor />
Homes For Rent - our Listings & Find a Home For Rent Today. It's Easy & Free! />
Apartment Rental - Apartment Rental Choices For Less-3 Mo. Free Rent Call Us Today! />
$100k+ Jobsite - premier career networking and job search site />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: GA Atlanta, (16.4 miles pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (610.1 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: GA Lithonia, (4.5 miles Lake, GA Pine (4.6 miles Mountain, GA Stone (4.6 miles Park, GA (6.5 miles Belvedere GA (7.1 miles Clarkston, Estates, GA Avondale (7.2 miles GA (7.5 miles Candler-McAfee, GA (7.6 miles Scottdale,
Latitude: 33.74 N, Longitude: 84.17 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.1%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -13,992 (-41.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 885 (5.2%)
Average climate in Redan, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Redan-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Georgia state average. It is 73% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/10/1972, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 9.6 miles away from the Redan city center killed one person and injured 9 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 11/22/1992, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 34.9 miles away from the city center injured 46 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Redan:
- GEORGIA REGIONAL HOSP ATLANTA (about 7 miles; DECATUR, GA)
- EMORY NORTHLAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CEN (about 9 miles; TUCKER, GA)
- DECATUR HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; DECATUR, GA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Redan:
- THE WILLIAM B HARTSFIELD ATLANTA INTL (about 19 miles; ATLANTA, GA; ID: ATL)
- DOBBINS AIR RESERVE BASE (about 26 miles; MARIETTA, GA; ID: MGE)
- ATHENS/BEN EPPS (about 61 miles; ATHENS, GA; ID: AHN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Redan:
- DEKALB-PEACHTREE (about 13 miles; ATLANTA, GA; ID: PDK)
- BERRY HILL (about 15 miles; STOCKBRIDGE, GA; ID: 4A0)
- GWINNETT COUNTY - BRISCOE FIELD (about 22 miles; LAWRENCEVILLE, GA; ID: LZU)
Amtrak station near Redan:
- 17 miles: ATLANTA (1688 PEACHTREE ST. NW). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Redan:
- GEORGIA PERIMETER COLLEGE (about 7 miles; DECATUR, GA; Full-time enrollment: 8,213)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 10 miles; DECATUR, GA; FT enrollment: 2,486)
- EMORY UNIVERSITY (about 12 miles; ATLANTA, GA; FT enrollment: 10,839)
- CLAYTON COLLEGE AND STATE UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; MORROW, GA; FT enrollment: 2,953)
- GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; ATLANTA, GA; FT enrollment: 17,302)
- GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-MAIN CAMPUS (about 17 miles; ATLANTA, GA; FT enrollment: 13,841)
- ATLANTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 18 miles; ATLANTA, GA; FT enrollment: 2,207)
Public primary/middle school in Redan:
- REDAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 833; Location: 1914 STONE MOUNTAIN-LITHONIA R; Grades: PK - 05)
Notable locations in Redan: Fleetway East Industrial Park (A), Hidden Hills Country Club (B).
Shopping Center: Hidden Hills Village Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Redan include: Bethel Church (A), Crossroads Church (B).
Cemetery: Albert Cemetery (1).
Lakes and reservoirs: Mill Lake (A), Turnbridge Wells Road Lake (B), Jabco Lake (C).
Creek: Barbashela Creek (A).
Parks in Redan include: Biffle Road Park (1), Redan Park (2).
Redan compared to Georgia state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Redan:
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WQXI (790 AM; 28 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WGKA (1190 AM; 25 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF GEORGIA, INC.)
- WPBS (1050 AM; 12 kW; CONYERS, GA; Owner: MIDWAY HOLINESS CHURCH, INC,)
- WAOK (1380 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAEC (860 AM; 5 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WAEC LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAZX (1550 AM; 50 kW; SMYRNA, GA; Owner: GA-MEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWWE (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; HAPEVILLE, GA; Owner: WAEC LICENSE LIMITED PARTNERSHP)
- WFTD (1080 AM; daytime; 50 kW; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: PRIETO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Redan:
- WABE (90.1 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: BOARD OF EDUCATION, CITY OF ATLANTA)
- WSB-FM (98.5 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WZGC (92.9 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF ATLANTA)
- WSTR (94.1 FM; SMYRNA, GA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF GEORGIA)
- WVEE (103.3 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WKHX-FM (101.5 FM; MARIETTA, GA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WKLS (96.1 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLTM (94.9 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWWQ (100.5 FM; ANNISTON, AL; Owner: WNNX LICO, INC.)
- WNNX (99.7 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WNNX LICO, INC.)
- WRFG (89.3 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: RADIO FREE GEORGIA BROADCASTING FOUNDATION INC)
- WRAS (88.5 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WFSH-FM (104.7 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFOX (97.1 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- W221AZ (92.1 FM; LILBURN, GA; Owner: TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE)
- WYAY (106.7 FM; GAINESVILLE, GA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WLCL (105.7 FM; CANTON, GA; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WWEV-FM (91.5 FM; CUMMING, GA; Owner: CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION)
- WREK (91.1 FM; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: RADIO COMMNS. BD, GEORGIA INST. TECH)
- W265BD (100.9 FM; WOODSTOCK, GA; Owner: IMMANUEL BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Redan:
- WUVG (Channel 34; ATHENS, GA; Owner: UNIVISION ATLANTA LLC)
- WAGA (Channel 5; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WXIA-TV (Channel 11; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: GANNETT GEORGIA, L.P.)
- WGTV (Channel 8; ATHENS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WSB-TV (Channel 2; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WSB-TV HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WPBA (Channel 30; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: BOARD OF EDUCATION OF THE CITY OF ATLANTA)
- WTBS (Channel 17; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: SUPERSTATION, INC.)
- WATL (Channel 36; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WATL, LLC)
- WGCL-TV (Channel 46; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: MEREDITH CORPORATION)
- WHSG (Channel 63; MONROE, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WUPA (Channel 69; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: VIACOM STATIONS GROUP OF ATLANTA INC.)
- WIRE-CA (Channel 40; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: COMMERCIAL BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WANN-LP (Channel 32; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: PRISM BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WDTA-LP (Channel 53; FAYETTEVILLE, GA; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WTHC-LP (Channel 42; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: THE ATLANTA CHANNEL, INC.)
- WANX-LP (Channel 26; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: PRISM BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W24AL (Channel 24; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WATC (Channel 57; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: COMMUNITY TELEVISION, INC.)
- WSKC-LP (Channel 59; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: KM LPTV OF ATLANTA, L.L.C.)
- W52CL (Channel 52; MACON, GA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.